Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Is it even possible to stop the pass?

Go down 
+12
Ajmoroder
Swag Escobar
Ellard
COPEN
joeysosa
Crunk
MADDEN10GAMER
EggzOverEazy
BOSTN BEANER
DaTBa1LHaWK
mlb6434
psufan5
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty
PostSubject: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 15:42

I am at a loss for trying to stop the passing game. Some guy last night was using the vikings and sending his slot receiver on an out, and the flanker on an in. They would cross and my defenders would stop covering them both. I tried to manually cover one of them, but the other was wide open then. It was basically pick your poison. Is this a known exploit? No one has ever put that many points up against me, even in a bad loss. He literally didnt come close to punting.

I tried blitzing, Zone, Man, putting extra coverage on Harvin... Nothing worked and one of them would ALWAYS get open.

I was pretty much scoring at will also with the Dolphins which made me kinda laugh. There is 0 pass defense in this game.
Back to top Go down
mlb6434
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
mlb6434

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 15:45

Time to step the D up fella.....Nanos, make them your friend!
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 15:47

if u guna run man, i would suggest doin press coverage.. i usually pick a team that has good man and press coverage.. then i throw a few zones out there or run a man blitz wit press coverage.. that really helps..
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 15:47

U gota send an overload blitz from the other side so u still have ur coverage but get quick preasure..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 15:50

what playbook are you using? my pass D is sick, so i dont agree with you at all, i just think you need some tips. and we are more than glad to help you with that. try some 3-3-5 cover 3 and user protect the middle. try sending a blitzer down the A-gap, and have 2 guys in flat zones.
Back to top Go down
MADDEN10GAMER
New MS Member
New MS Member
MADDEN10GAMER

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 17:18

My pass defense is nasty with the jets.I was playing my friend and he was using brees(usually throws like 300 yards and 3 tds against me) and the jets playbook has tons of plays to stop it.. nickel is a great formation for pass and run to me,
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 17:46

I love kids who try to nano... Flank Dig and Slot Screen FTW!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 17:56

Can you explain how I do a nano? Also, I have never had a shake the screen tackle.. how the hell do you hit hard enough to do that?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
joeysosa
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 18:24

mlb6434 wrote:

I think he's asking how to stop the pass WITHOUT cheesing like a punk. Nanoing isn't "stepping up your game". It's talentless glitching that any idiot who has never watched a football game in his life can do.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 18:30

joeysosa wrote:
mlb6434 wrote:

I think he's asking how to stop the pass WITHOUT cheesing like a punk. Nanoing isn't "stepping up your game". It's talentless glitching that any idiot who has never watched a football game in his life can do.

you've never seen a nano in real life?
Back to top Go down
joeysosa
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 18:33

EggzOverEazy wrote:
joeysosa wrote:
mlb6434 wrote:

As in a guy manipulating a blitz and the AI (well, just I, since a real guy doesn't have artificial intelligence) of the linemen breaking down because he lacks the mental capacity to realize that a guy is blitzing next to him, thus standing there like a complete moron while you blitz? And this works EVERY play?

No, I haven't seen that. I've seen blitzes that puzzle linemen, but they have the brain power to adjust. In real life, you can't just "nano blitz" every play and have it work every single time.
Back to top Go down
COPEN
New MS Member
New MS Member
COPEN

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 18:49

Gonna have to excuse me for asking what the hell a ''nano'' is because it sounds like something off a pokemon cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-18, 18:56

LiL MooReR wrote:

that setup makes perfect sense bro
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 01:49

joeysosa wrote:
EggzOverEazy wrote:
joeysosa wrote:
mlb6434 wrote:

As in a guy manipulating a blitz and the AI (well, just I, since a real guy doesn't have artificial intelligence) of the linemen breaking down because he lacks the mental capacity to realize that a guy is blitzing next to him, thus standing there like a complete moron while you blitz? And this works EVERY play?

No, I haven't seen that. I've seen blitzes that puzzle linemen, but they have the brain power to adjust. In real life, you can't just "nano blitz" every play and have it work every single time.

check out a ravens game ive seen a nano....i dont use them tho
Back to top Go down
Ajmoroder
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: DE   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 03:05

Flat zone manually with your DE on that side!!!
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 07:49

So what is the best base defense to run stopping the pass? I have tried using several and none of them seem to work. There is always someone that is just completely uncovered regardless of the defense I am in. Ive tried dime, nickel, 3-4, 4-4, 4-6 bear etc...

Last night this kid playing the cowboys simply kept throwing to his tight end. When I manually covered him, he would throw to a wide open receiver who was SUPPOSED to be double teamed...

The pass defense needs to be tweaked BIG TIME.
Back to top Go down
Ajmoroder
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 09:28

When you know he is going to pass, what I find most effective, is to go into zone - however if he lines up more than one wr on an individual zone area - the defender has to choose...I am having the same problem but not as dramatic - I will be playing quite a bit today and I will see what I can come up with. sounds like you need to get pressure and play bump n run - and play "sink" defense which covers the 5-12 yard patterns but neglects the RB - more to come...tell me if this works a little for you..
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 09:40

LiL MooReR wrote:

Amen, I have effective blitzes that aren't nanos:)
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 09:44

I dont think my opponent punted in any of the last 4 games... they dont even bother running the ball anymore... Just throw quick passes because the defense is a bunch of morons and cant cover anything.

Frustrating. Im going to try the Eagles secondary tonight.
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 10:01

Packers boy! packers! press coverage and cover 1 will stop those short routes
Back to top Go down
Jae Heat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 10:02

I don't really have a problem stopping the pass most of the time. It's just kinda guessing whAt ur opponents gonna do and who he's prolly gonna go to. Look for his go to guy and go to play. Most ppl always have those few plays that they always go to on 3rd downs. I pretty much just user the safety usually and manually cover one side of the feild and spotlight one of the receivers he's throwing to a lot. Force him to go else where. That's when mistakes are made. I play mostly zone dfense. Mix in man on some blitz's. Nanos when the times right. It's all a scheme. I don't think the cvrage is anywhere as bad as madden 09... It's a lot better. U just gotta watch the slant corners and flat routes. Those r the most effective this year.
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 10:04

Eagles secondary looks a bit better than the packers. Which defense scheme do you use? Nickel?
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 10:05

yeah slants and that stupid motion fade thing

psufan5 wrote:
Eagles secondary looks a bit better than the packers. Which defense scheme do you use? Nickel?

If I'm looking to shut down people on third and long I'll go nickel, otherwise im in 46
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 10:28

GanchatizMeCptn wrote:
yeah slants and that stupid motion fade thing

psufan5 wrote:

If I'm looking to shut down people on third and long I'll go nickel, otherwise im in 46

What do you find to be the best defenses to run in the 4-6? I find the TE always comes open when I run the 4-6
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty2009-08-19, 10:36

I run a lot of man blitzes, i dont know specific names at the moment, all i know is 46 shuts em down!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it even possible to stop the pass?   Is it even possible to stop the pass? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it even possible to stop the pass?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next