Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

sack... sack... and more sacks...

Go down 
+29
johnwayne1315
roryaiks92
Buraq1108
bamf528
Fudgy
ElishaManning
Big Hungry 702
SiCkOnDaStiCk
Bearblood21
xXBlackiceXx
Celks
lorenzo
Dnasty857
tuki94
ghostnote
jsmall28
abfootball
GanchatizMeCptn
TheMooseKnuckIe
hof8231
sdchargers
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX
nawfside512
Jae Heat
hoshdude7
Militant X 1
EggzOverEazy
psufan5
stunna
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dnasty857
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-06

sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-20, 21:57

Yeah my pass defense really used to suck but practice mode really helped me plus I avarege 2 or 3 sacks a game and 2 ints per game Fo shizzle
Back to top Go down
lorenzo
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-20, 22:28

in the 4-3 over run the edge sting shift the d-line to the right and the lb's to the left and user blitz the right end very effective in getting to the qb
Back to top Go down
Celks
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-22, 19:19

psufan5 wrote:
The game sucks, thats about all you can really say about it. Same issue for me... WRs, RBs, and TEs all running around impervious to coverage.

Its just a bad game all around. Those who keep saying their pass defense is solid, are either playing children or flat out lying.

haha i dont know what ur talking about psufan but my pass defense is really really solid and i average playing levels 9 and above and theres some good players...and i know the blitzes to get good heat and allow the pass defense to still be outstanding...i average giving up 10 points a game, 118 passing yards, 18 rushing yards, get about 2 picks a game and 4 sacks a game...so id say im pretty solid on defense
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-22, 20:04

First of all sacks r easy against a user opponent because the o line for sum reason works better for the comp n they unrealistic get rid of theball when I press coverga and when no ones open n my pressure gets their fast I even tested my theory n there are major flaws n this yrs maadden. With that said just try tricking your opponent fke presssure to 1 side to force him to move where the pressure is. Also blitzz more ppl than he has o-linemen n cover any quick slants n flats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Bearblood21
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 03:29

i have had madden 2010 one day and it is great in my opinion. madden can do few things to disappoint me. suck it up and practice psufan
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 04:11

Lol I fu think madden 10 is great u r 1 easy person to please. Ea has more work to do. Yes its an improvement but needs work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
SiCkOnDaStiCk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SiCkOnDaStiCk

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 07:47

stunna wrote:
yea this is what i dont see... i have the hardest time getting to the qb... there was a guy i played last night and he was tenn... all he did was run back and throw off his back foot with some gay jump pass and throw a corner route and catch it all day long... i still beat him but it was pissing me off... but the fact remains is why can i get sacks... any help...

Lol this year is the easies year to get nasty heat in a while so if your having problems just take 2 remotes and sit in practice and test s*** out its really not that hard finding heat in gaps is very repetitive this year especially A-gap
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 08:05

What people are saying is true. you just need to adjust. have you tried spreading the line out and bringing a corner off the ends ass? that usually works. or try using zone blitz. i have alot of success with that so you might wanna try it. i run the 5-2 flash blitz. BUT, put the blitzing safety on the rb and put the blitzing lb in spy. and wait for the qb to roll out of the pocket. if he doesnt roll out play the middle of the feild. try bringing up the coverage because by the time they drop back the routes will be covered. i get alot of picks usuing this method so yea. as for the sacks, well like i said zone blitz. or try SS Blitz i think its in the 4-2-5. i could be wrong. also try using formation audibles by switching your cb's to different sides of the field or switching your ends with linebackers and outting them into qb contain or flat zones that should help with sacks and pass coverage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
ElishaManning
New MS Member
New MS Member
ElishaManning

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 12:09

psufan5 wrote:
EggzOverEazy wrote:
wow psufan5, you sound like you're reallllllllllly bad at this game. give it some time, you'll figure it out.

my pass D is wonderful, and im not the only one. the key to coverage is being able to user defend the middle of the field, as well as knowing where your opponent is going to throw to. if they are throwing a lot of short passes, make sure you have hook zones and flat zones out. if they are going deep, feel free to bring the pressure. to get an effective blitz you want to attack a gap, or the outside. have your fastest LB or a CB doing the blitzing, cuz obviously they can get in there faster. try having 3 defenders lining up over 2 offensive lineman and attack like that.

whatever you do, don't believe anyone who says the game sucks. those are the last people you want to listen to.

Yes because your opinion > ours.

I will throw at will against you, and so will anyone else. I have never been unable to throw in this game against ANYONE. Its stopping the opponent that is impossible. The game needs a lot of work and you shouldnt have to rely on a player controlled linebacker to defend coverages. You will not be able to cover a double move from a 97 speed WR either. I rarely punt in this game, and neither does my opponent.

The AI needs to be changed. There is no coverage on the RBs or FBs either.

YOU NEED TO STF^... cry to someone else or end yourself with a sharp object.. maybe a a tall clif
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 12:24

ElishaManning wrote:
psufan5 wrote:
EggzOverEazy wrote:
wow psufan5, you sound like you're reallllllllllly bad at this game. give it some time, you'll figure it out.

my pass D is wonderful, and im not the only one. the key to coverage is being able to user defend the middle of the field, as well as knowing where your opponent is going to throw to. if they are throwing a lot of short passes, make sure you have hook zones and flat zones out. if they are going deep, feel free to bring the pressure. to get an effective blitz you want to attack a gap, or the outside. have your fastest LB or a CB doing the blitzing, cuz obviously they can get in there faster. try having 3 defenders lining up over 2 offensive lineman and attack like that.

whatever you do, don't believe anyone who says the game sucks. those are the last people you want to listen to.

Yes because your opinion > ours.

I will throw at will against you, and so will anyone else. I have never been unable to throw in this game against ANYONE. Its stopping the opponent that is impossible. The game needs a lot of work and you shouldnt have to rely on a player controlled linebacker to defend coverages. You will not be able to cover a double move from a 97 speed WR either. I rarely punt in this game, and neither does my opponent.

The AI needs to be changed. There is no coverage on the RBs or FBs either.

YOU NEED TO STF^... cry to someone else or end yourself with a sharp object.. maybe a a tall clif

haha good shiit elisha
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
bamf528
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 13:36

I scout the opposing teams O line before the game to see where they're weak at and whos giving up the most sacks, then attack there in blitz situations.
Back to top Go down
Buraq1108
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 13:54

@psufan5: i hope psu dont stand for penn state. the game is fine, i'd hate for someone like u to rep psu.. sorry bro

@bamf528: thats pretty good. i never really thought of that. i always just had nanos i labbed.

@everyone else: anyone find any good heat plays out there? does everyone still use 46? or is there a better d plybk ppl use?
Back to top Go down
bamf528
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 16:03

I like to play with the cards on xbox, if you got any pass defense tips for me let me know.
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 16:05

the 3-4 pb is where its at! some good coverage for the pass and a lot of good blitzes that you can exploit into nanos
Back to top Go down
johnwayne1315
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-24, 20:05

hey use a ss blitz move your line to the side your blitzin from and just sprint to the QB
Back to top Go down
Strength Systems
New MS Member
New MS Member
Strength Systems

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-25, 10:43

stunna wrote:
yea this is what i dont see... i have the hardest time getting to the qb... there was a guy i played last night and he was tenn... all he did was run back and throw off his back foot with some gay jump pass and throw a corner route and catch it all day long... i still beat him but it was pissing me off... but the fact remains is why can i get sacks... any help...
I am having the same problem
Back to top Go down
VontaeD24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
VontaeD24

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-25, 10:44

I play as the seahawks and cant get to anybody! tips are welcome
Back to top Go down
http://AskMadden24@gmail.com
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-25, 11:30

3-4 playbook
Gap Press
Pinch your linebackers
re-blitz the lineblacker that is blitzing and make him run through the A-gap

When the quarterback is under center, he will run through untouched and get the sack
if the quaterback is in shotgun, he will usually force a bad throw
Back to top Go down
roryaiks92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
roryaiks92

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-25, 11:33

roryaiks92 wrote:
3-4 playbook
Gap Press
Pinch your linebackers
re-blitz the lineblacker that is blitzing and make him run through the A-gap

When the quarterback is under center, he will run through untouched and get the sack
if the quaterback is in shotgun, he will usually force a bad throw
3-4 Solid
Gap Press
Back to top Go down
ktizzle21
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-25, 12:41

once again ppl im gona have 2 disagree wit those who say its impossible to defend the pass(PSUFan5). im not saying i can completely neutralize the pass but the key to defending the pass in this game is knowing sum nasty nanos that have a solid coverage scheme. Nickel Normal, Nickel Strong, Dime, and 3-4 are all good nano formations. and yes u do have 2 be good at usering players on defense. if ur expecting the ai to make all the plays for u u will lose just about everytime out and thats a fact. i can user wit every member of my d and i get at least one user pick per game wit my dt cuz ppl underestimate my user skills.
Back to top Go down
ktizzle21
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-25, 12:44

bamf528 wrote:
I like to play with the cards on xbox, if you got any pass defense tips for me let me know.
man there are sum killer nanos out of Nickel Normal(SS Zone Blitz, Buck Slant 3, Nickel Fire) and Nickel Strong(FS Snake Blitz) that bring good heat and have a solid coverage scheme.
Back to top Go down
bamf528
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-26, 15:16

My D is still a work in progress but getting better Smile Working on little things like pre snap adjustments and have been great at stopping the run but tend to give up a lot of yards and high comp % in the passing game. Wondering in what situations to press receivers, make adjustments to LBs?
Back to top Go down
ktizzle21
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-26, 15:29

bamf528 wrote:
My D is still a work in progress but getting better Smile Working on little things like pre snap adjustments and have been great at stopping the run but tend to give up a lot of yards and high comp % in the passing game. Wondering in what situations to press receivers, make adjustments to LBs?
the key 2 ne good coverage is deception and game smarts. if ur opponent knws wat coverage u called and are smart enough to knw where the holes are 2 attack it they will pick u apart. wat i do is i nano alot from the nickel formations(Normal, Strong, and 1-5-5)and on third and long passing plays, i will pick a coverage like say cloud zone and set up the players as if they were coming on a blitz when really theyre dropping back into coverage. also i like to hot route my linebackers to do purple zones on third and 9 or longer cuz ur opponent most likely isnt gona go to the flats to pick up the first if ur constantly hit sticking him as this will increase the chance 4 a fumble 2 occur. purple zones also sit down in front of the popular corner route that ppl like to use. u just have to be smart man. if u have a 360, i can help u lab if u like.
Back to top Go down
TimothyP Hustle
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty2009-08-26, 21:55

I've been getting tips for pick 6s sacks passes thrown in the dirt. All with the Miami defense. Mix it up. A good trick is to set the control down for a few plays on defense to start the game. Whether he gains yards or not you can just look and see what he's trying to do. If that's not for you then evaluate your team ahead of time and throw in different guys on your d for different formations. Mine goes regular line up for 3-4, Jason Taylor and Matt Roth subbed in on 4 lineman sets in nickel and dime, and Langford in at D Tackle in place of ferguson, joey porter in at all one Linebacker formations, dime and quarter, rather than crowder. All these adjustments in the first defensive series make a huge difference throughout the game. Also another great way to throw the offense off balance is to pause the game right after he picks his first offensive play before you pick your play to finish any substitutions you couldn't get in at the beginning of the game. It leads to delay of game, possibly forgeting play or being rushed and you get an extra sec to decide which defense to start with. For examle zone blitzing McNabb or Vick on the first play when you see three or four reciever sets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

sack... sack... and more sacks...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2