Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buktheng
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-17

Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode? Empty
PostSubject: Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode?   Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode? Empty2009-12-05, 05:05

I'm on my 3rd season in my franchise mode and my problem is I can never ever get to the QB to sack him. I can blitz like a mofo and no matter what, the QB always throws the ball before someone gets there or he just throws the ball up in the air while getting hit.

I look through the season stats and see players getting 9-10 sacks and none of my d-linemen can get one. My linebackers can't even get a sack. I play a 3-4 defense and usually say at least 2-3 linebackers to blitz the QB.

What do you guys do? Thanks
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode?   Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode? Empty2009-12-05, 11:17

It is tough to sack the QB. With the settings I use I have about 1 to 2 seconds in the pocket. And the computer gets 5 to 7 and then still throws the ball away at the last moment before the sack.

But I have found a way to get the sacks, by dropping 10 into coverage and usering the OLB or DE. Just give the QB a few seconds, while you hang back with the linebacker/end, looking for bubble screens and HB dumps. Then start moving in to the QB, to draw the o linemen away from your one rushing nose tackle. I hardly ever move all the way in on the rush, just a few jukes around one side then maybe a juke around the other side. Just enough to draw some blockers.

I once got 7 sacks with J Ratliff in one game. Coverage sacks are the way to go to bump up the defense stats. I use Nickel, 335, cover 3 inside blitz, then just drop the linebackers into coverage. Easy to set, F@G D.

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2009-12-09, 00:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode?   Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode? Empty2009-12-05, 11:18

The patch said they were going to fix this, but i don't play offline so i don't know if they did or not.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode?   Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode? Empty2009-12-07, 17:25

You need to turbo blitz if your playing as someone on the dline
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode?   Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode? Empty2009-12-08, 22:26

Hormel wrote:
You need to turbo blitz if your playing as someone on the dline
Computer will still throw it away. When I played online franchises the only time I got was when the computer did all streaks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode?   Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is it so hard to sack the QB in Franchise mode?
Page 1 of 1