Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

sack... sack... and more sacks...

Go down 
+29
johnwayne1315
roryaiks92
Buraq1108
bamf528
Fudgy
ElishaManning
Big Hungry 702
SiCkOnDaStiCk
Bearblood21
xXBlackiceXx
Celks
lorenzo
Dnasty857
tuki94
ghostnote
jsmall28
abfootball
GanchatizMeCptn
TheMooseKnuckIe
hof8231
sdchargers
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX
nawfside512
Jae Heat
hoshdude7
Militant X 1
EggzOverEazy
psufan5
stunna
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stunna
New MS Member
New MS Member
stunna

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-18

sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty
PostSubject: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 07:57

yea this is what i dont see... i have the hardest time getting to the qb... there was a guy i played last night and he was tenn... all he did was run back and throw off his back foot with some gay jump pass and throw a corner route and catch it all day long... i still beat him but it was pissing me off... but the fact remains is why can i get sacks... any help...
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 07:59

The game sucks, thats about all you can really say about it. Same issue for me... WRs, RBs, and TEs all running around impervious to coverage.

Its just a bad game all around. Those who keep saying their pass defense is solid, are either playing children or flat out lying.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 10:14

wow psufan5, you sound like you're reallllllllllly bad at this game. give it some time, you'll figure it out.

my pass D is wonderful, and im not the only one. the key to coverage is being able to user defend the middle of the field, as well as knowing where your opponent is going to throw to. if they are throwing a lot of short passes, make sure you have hook zones and flat zones out. if they are going deep, feel free to bring the pressure. to get an effective blitz you want to attack a gap, or the outside. have your fastest LB or a CB doing the blitzing, cuz obviously they can get in there faster. try having 3 defenders lining up over 2 offensive lineman and attack like that.

whatever you do, don't believe anyone who says the game sucks. those are the last people you want to listen to.
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 10:29

EggzOverEazy wrote:
wow psufan5, you sound like you're reallllllllllly bad at this game. give it some time, you'll figure it out.

my pass D is wonderful, and im not the only one. the key to coverage is being able to user defend the middle of the field, as well as knowing where your opponent is going to throw to. if they are throwing a lot of short passes, make sure you have hook zones and flat zones out. if they are going deep, feel free to bring the pressure. to get an effective blitz you want to attack a gap, or the outside. have your fastest LB or a CB doing the blitzing, cuz obviously they can get in there faster. try having 3 defenders lining up over 2 offensive lineman and attack like that.

whatever you do, don't believe anyone who says the game sucks. those are the last people you want to listen to.

Yes because your opinion > ours.

I will throw at will against you, and so will anyone else. I have never been unable to throw in this game against ANYONE. Its stopping the opponent that is impossible. The game needs a lot of work and you shouldnt have to rely on a player controlled linebacker to defend coverages. You will not be able to cover a double move from a 97 speed WR either. I rarely punt in this game, and neither does my opponent.

The AI needs to be changed. There is no coverage on the RBs or FBs either.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 10:40

psufan5 wrote:
The game sucks, thats about all you can really say about it. Same issue for me... WRs, RBs, and TEs all running around impervious to coverage.

Its just a bad game all around. Those who keep saying their pass defense is solid, are either playing children or flat out lying.

please speak for yourself bruh!

there are many of us that don't have major problems with our passing defense. i am not saying that i can lock down EVERY pass from my opponent....that is foolish for anyone to think or to say. however, once i discover what you are comfortable with and like to do....it is now up to me to figure out how to stop it!

those who constantly complain about this deficientcy or that deficientcy with a videogame never really enjoy it! you may wanna just drop madden bruh!
Back to top Go down
hoshdude7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 11:11

I have done well with stopping the pass

I just can't stop KRs or PRs Smile
Back to top Go down
stunna
New MS Member
New MS Member
stunna

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 11:12

well anyways... what can i do to get more sacks... most people dont pass on me but he was getting bs passes in... o and that guy never controlled his players but my guys would never break any tackles so idk...
Back to top Go down
Jae Heat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 11:20

Lol just cuz u ain't good at the game doesn't mean it sucks... It is not easy stopping the pass cuz the Cpu AI is retarded but it is definitely possible. I do not play children either, or bums. I play in highly competitive leagues and tournaments. And I have had my share of success with pass D. But just like evry 1 else sometimes these dudes act retarded and they get away with some passes.

But the game is very good. I'm loving it so far.
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 11:23

USE THE HIGHLIGHT STICK TO GET THROUGH TACKLES..... ALSO BLITZ A LOT AND MIX IN SOME ZONE BLITZ.. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PRACTICE
Back to top Go down
stunna
New MS Member
New MS Member
stunna

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 11:30

nawfside512 wrote:
USE THE HIGHLIGHT STICK TO GET THROUGH TACKLES..... ALSO BLITZ A LOT AND MIX IN SOME ZONE BLITZ.. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PRACTICE

there has been times i have blitzed everyone but 3 DB's and still people dont get through... i have no problem getting through the 1st guy but i always get hit with a 2nd lineman and by then he passes the ball... almost all of my sacks have come from when they try to run w/ the qb or just stay there way to long... and i cant get those nano things to work for crap... there is no time left ont he play clock to do anything...
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 11:40

Sounds like your not going in to the lab and seeing what works..... Its hard for some1 to help you when you dont want to help yourself.... Go into practice mode, find some blitzes.. Use the replay function to see linemans angles.. then fix your blitz to shoot through those gaps.....
Back to top Go down
stunna
New MS Member
New MS Member
stunna

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 11:55

nawfside512 wrote:
Sounds like your not going in to the lab and seeing what works..... Its hard for some1 to help you when you dont want to help yourself.... Go into practice mode, find some blitzes.. Use the replay function to see linemans angles.. then fix your blitz to shoot through those gaps.....

i have been in practice a little... not working a lot of d (when i did it was for hit stick and tackles)... can you explain a little more by angles and fix my blitzes... im not good at making my players blitz (hot route blitz or what ever...)
Back to top Go down
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX
New MS Member
New MS Member
Xx_EPIC_FAIL_xX

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 12:22

nawfside brought up a good point... and yea the game takes adjustment, but its football you have to ADJUST. No one should ever believe there pass D is perfect... it never will. I have a terrible pass D and compared to 09 I SUCK, but i still wanna improve and get better at the game cause thats where the game gets fun
Back to top Go down
sdchargers
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 12:36

im very good at stoping the run and sacking the qb...but im having trouble with my pass defense...espiscially struggling to stop the screen pas...-.-
any tips or sugestions??
Back to top Go down
stunna
New MS Member
New MS Member
stunna

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 12:41

sdchargers wrote:
im very good at stoping the run and sacking the qb...but im having trouble with my pass defense...espiscially struggling to stop the screen pas...-.-
any tips or sugestions??

i have no prob stopping the screen pass... i figured that one out in about 4 plays this guy ran on me... care to share any tips on qb sacks? d to run or anyting...
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 12:45

psufan5 wrote:
Yes because your opinion > ours.

I
will throw at will against you, and so will anyone else. I have never
been unable to throw in this game against ANYONE. Its stopping the
opponent that is impossible. The game needs a lot of work and you
shouldnt have to rely on a player controlled linebacker to defend
coverages. You will not be able to cover a double move from a 97 speed
WR either. I rarely punt in this game, and neither does my opponent.

The AI needs to be changed. There is no coverage on the RBs or FBs either.

hahaha psufan5, look at all the people who are complaining like you.... ZERO PEOPLE! hahahaha

psufan, you're obviously terrible at defense. check our tips to improve your game.

and when you say "ours" who are you talking about? you and the voices in your head, you and your little brother, or whats the deal with that?

Last edited by EggzOverEazy on 2009-08-20, 12:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sdchargers
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 12:47

stunna wrote:
sdchargers wrote:
any tips or sugestions??

i have no prob stopping the screen pass... i figured that one out in about 4 plays this guy ran on me... care to share any tips on qb sacks? d to run or anyting...

i usually blitz the corner....but if he has no tight end i like to use the blitz -renagade- and u should only blitz if he has 2 rb or sommething like dat..becuz if he has 3 or 4 wide recievers they would be open
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 13:13

hoshdude7 wrote:

On punts move the height meter all the way up and do max cover punt. If your opponent is smart, he'll fair catch. If he's not you can camp right in front of him then when he touches it you can hit stick him, which causes a fumble very often.
Back to top Go down
stunna
New MS Member
New MS Member
stunna

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 13:15

hof8231 wrote:
hoshdude7 wrote:

On punts move the height meter all the way up and do max cover punt. If your opponent is smart, he'll fair catch. If he's not you can camp right in front of him then when he touches it you can hit stick him, which causes a fumble very often.

i just kick the ball out of bounds when i punt... i can put them inisde the 10 or so... got a few guys at the 1 and 3 yard line...
Back to top Go down
TheMooseKnuckIe
New MS Member
New MS Member
TheMooseKnuckIe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 13:41

sdchargers-

You my my freind just awnsered your own question, as to why your pass D is not up to par.

If your doing a renagade, you basicaly have a cover 3 and everyone else is blitzing. So you are very weak under so they can get you with a crossing rout everytime becuase you have only 3 guy's trying to cover the entire freild.

With pinch, you have your corners and safteys playing man to man, and everyone else is blitzing. Ok that's fine if you can get to the QB fast enough and have a great secondary like Denver, or the Packers. But if not, your going to get picked apart. Say you have 3 WR a TE and a RB all run their routs. You only have 4 people playing man to man, so 1 of those 5 players will be uncovered. Which typically means you just got burnt for a long one.

If you do a corner blitz ect. Your taking your guy out of coverage and blitzing. Of course your going to get passed on, a saftey or LB trying to cover a highly rated WR is going to get tourched every time!

If you live by the blitz, you die by the blitz. You may want to tone it back, assuming you blitz every play. Throw some man in there as well as some zone coverages. Then throw the blitz in just for s***'s and giggles every once in a while. it will actually work better for you if you do it that way! They wont expect the blitz every play, so you'll have a chance to blitz on weaker formations like spread and single back. But I wouldnt recommend blitzing your CB's very often!!!
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 14:04

yeah man I eat blitzes up, my PA is off the hook
Back to top Go down
abfootball
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 15:00

yo make sure there passing like on 3rd and long... stread the line and have a safety blitz.. make sure u control the safety and go to the outside. i had like 4 sacks with 1 safety doing this. if that doesn't work and nothing else does then just have every1 in coverage and take a DE and use him to cover as well cuz theres no use for them then lol
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 15:06

a very good way to get sacks is to user control the DEs. for some
reason, i have success with the LE, but it doesn't really matter. my
pass defense is not good mainly because i haven't labbed at all yet.
don't lose your cool, that leads to frustrated blitzes and easy gains
for your opponent. just find what works and only blitz in blitzing
situations (1st, 3rd and long, etc). play logically and there are holes
in every defense, your job is to make them smaller so the QB can't use
them.

a
very good way to get sacks is to user control the DEs. for some reason,
i have success with the LE, but it doesn't really matter. my pass
defense is not good mainly because i haven't labbed at all yet. don't
lose your cool, that leads to frustrated blitzes and easy gains for
your opponent. just find what works and only blitz in blitzing
situations (1st, 3rd and long, etc). play logically and there are holes
in every defense, your job is to make them smaller so the QB can't use
them.
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 16:08

i do well with luring a qb into a sack.i play alotta man espicaily in this years version cause man is much better and i use cover 4 alot.most ppl dont have the patience to dink n dunk down field.the point is they get comfy and then u send em a blitz 1 out of every 6 or 7 plays and almost always get a sack.on most oppenents drives i have at least 1 series where they end up in 2 and 15 or so.after that i stop em the next 2 downs and its 50-50 either punt of field goal.the worst thing u can do is get frustrated n just start blitzing like crazy.the 1 a.i. complaint i have is defenders dropping 8 and 9 picks a game.hope this helps
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty2009-08-20, 16:10

you just need to sent different types of pressure from different parts of the field, including CB blitzes to zone blitzes, mix it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sack... sack... and more sacks...   sack... sack... and more sacks... Empty

Back to top Go down

sack... sack... and more sacks...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next