Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

need help with defense bad?????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jasondcowboys09
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-12

need help with defense bad????? Empty
PostSubject: need help with defense bad?????   need help with defense bad????? Empty2009-08-12, 19:37

my main area of of weakness is on defense can someone please help me with what i need to cover the pass and stop the run better than what i have been doing lol!
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: need help with defense bad?????   need help with defense bad????? Empty2009-08-13, 09:24

jasondcowboys09 wrote:
my main area of of weakness is on defense can someone please help me with what i need to cover the pass and stop the run better than what i have been doing lol!

I'm so with you on this point. Defense has always been my weakness, I can put up points everytime down, but unless i can get some stops it gets really stressful.

My suggestion would be to pick a defensive playbook you like and practice with it. For instance theres an entire thread dedicated to the nickel 1-5-5 at the moment, you should check it out http://forum.madden-school.com/madden-defensive-strategy-f91/nickle-1-5-5-t2783.htm!
Back to top Go down
MaddenJets
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: need help with defense bad?????   need help with defense bad????? Empty2009-08-13, 09:35

Here some tips:

Dont use hit stick to make a routine tackle. Only use Hit stick when you KNOW you can get a clean hit in. It's kind of like throwing a haymaker in boxing.

Try not to over do it with blitzing. If you are playing the game on all-madden, the computer is simply too good to be blitzed every down. They will pickup the blitz and exploit it.

One thing that I constantly work on, is swatting the football down rather than going for the interception. That doesn't mean I don't go for interceptions, but like the hit stick, you need to be in a good position to go for INT'S. Generally on bombs, I am just looking to knock the pass down.
Back to top Go down
joeydee14
New MS Member
New MS Member
joeydee14

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: need help with defense bad?????   need help with defense bad????? Empty2009-08-16, 02:07

same as above i try not to even bother with the hit stick. also try to switch what you are doing every so often. Do not want to get into a habit of blitzing every play or sitting back in coverage.
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: need help with defense bad?????   need help with defense bad????? Empty2009-08-16, 12:58

joeydee14 wrote:
same as above i try not to even bother with the hit stick. also try to switch what you are doing every so often. Do not want to get into a habit of blitzing every play or sitting back in coverage.

Mix it up every once in a while, hit stick only works on tackles you know you're already getting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help with defense bad?????   need help with defense bad????? Empty

Back to top Go down

need help with defense bad?????
Page 1 of 1