Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Saints Serious about signing Brooks

Go down 
+3
DaTBa1LHaWK
EggzOverEazy
enyo24
7 posters
AuthorMessage
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty
PostSubject: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty2009-08-12, 10:13

After Marc Simoneau got hurt the Saints needed a replacement at OLB. Derrick Brooks being a free agent could be a perfect fit for the Saints woesome D. Not only is Derrick Brooks one of the best OLBs ever, he's an 11 time probowler, but he aslo played in the Saints division for I think 14 years. There is so much that Brooks brings to the table in terms of expirience, knoweldge and film study.
I remeber reading an on him in SI. It was about how he prepared to face Adrian Peterson. The article says that he studies film almost double the amount of time than any other defensive player in the league. And playing in the Saints divison for so long, he would already know his opponents very well.
I believe this player is the best option for the Saints at OLB. Even if Marc Simoneau is healthy down the road, they should stick with Brooks because he kows the game as good as anyone.

Also Adrain Petersons stats from that game were 19 carries for 85 yards. Thats 4.5 ypc. Thats solid right? Well 22 of those came on one carry. So for the rest of the game he averaged only 3.5 ypc. Which is very average, especially for Peterson. Also he had no touchdowns.

Last edited by enyo24 on 2009-08-12, 14:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty2009-08-12, 11:34

did you write this? if so, good job, and i totally agree with you. if not, please just cite your sources so people don't blame us for stealing.

but im surprised derrick brooks is still a free agent actually, and if he was to go any where i think staying in the NFC South would be his best bet.
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty2009-08-12, 12:24

madden wise, id love to see brooks go to the saints.. i believe what they need on d is another LB.. i think id b more likely to use em if they did sign brooks..

NFL wise, im sure they would love to sign em.. u got 2 vets that kno what they r doin and brooks has a ring.. he knows how to get it done.. him and vilma will b a good vet LB duo..
Back to top Go down
DarthRaider908
New MS Member
New MS Member
DarthRaider908

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty2009-08-12, 12:28

i can see that happening this will be a great move for the saints
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty2009-08-12, 12:46

itd be great for the saints to get some veteran leadership on defense cuz we know that defense could use all the help it could get this would make alot of sense
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty2009-08-12, 13:06

I wrote it word for word its mine, but I did it after reading a yahoo sports article.

Heres the link to the article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-saints-injuries&prov=ap&type=lgns
Back to top Go down
AntiTvon
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty2009-08-12, 14:30

wow great article enyo. very professional.

brooks would be pretty solid in the saints system.
Back to top Go down
enyo24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty2009-08-12, 14:41

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'll try to do more if I hear of any interesting.
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty2009-08-12, 15:32

if they sign him, hes going to be a big help to their defense
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saints Serious about signing Brooks   Saints Serious about signing Brooks Empty

Back to top Go down

Saints Serious about signing Brooks
Page 1 of 1