Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Are the Saints a one hit wonder?

Go down 
+10
matthauganak1
Genno
PeytonMvPManning
2ToN
Ketcham While They're Hot
Swag Escobar
xXTHeEddYXx
layinWOOD
allain43
EggzOverEazy
14 posters

Yes, they will become average
Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Back_catg31%Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Back_catg
 31% [ 5 ]
Yes, they will become bad
Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Back_catg13%Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Back_catg
 13% [ 2 ]
No, they will continue strong
Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Back_catg38%Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Back_catg
 38% [ 6 ]
No, they will continue to dominate
Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Back_catg18%Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Back_catg
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty
PostSubject: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-04, 19:11

Will the Saints continue their success, or will they fall back into mediocrity?

Now, I don't mean "will they repeat?", but more along the lines of "will they make the playoffs?".

I think they will make the playoffs, because the NFC South is at it's weakest right now, but that's not to say than any of the 4 teams couldn't step up and make noise in the upcoming season.

But I don't see them continuing their success. I think teams will be able to better prepare for Sean Peyton, and focus on disrupting Drew Brees. It's hard to say though, because Reggie Bush is seemingly really getting comfortable in his roll as NFL back, he could be the difference maker.

I'm going to answer "Yes", they are a one hit wonder. I think they will become a 10-6 team, at best, regardless of their strength of schedule, an 8-8 team if they have a tough schedule.

I like making bold predictions early on. How 'bout you?
Back to top Go down
allain43
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
allain43

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-04, 19:18

They will continue to dominate because brees has 3 more good years and also because they have a great o-line and thats where you win games.
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-04, 19:20

I think theyll still be a winning team for years to come but I dont think that defense has enough to repeat.
Back to top Go down
xXTHeEddYXx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xXTHeEddYXx

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-04, 19:21

Nah, they're done.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-04, 19:26

same D coordinator same O for the most part they only only get better i dont see another superbowl tho
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-04, 19:32

I see at least one more season of success for the Saints. I think they'll either get to the Super Bowl or NFC Championship game again next year. Brees is awesome, Bush is settling in and they have solid WRs and TE. Also, their D is slightly above average. I don't see why'd they just drop off. Not yet at least.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-04, 19:33

paytons been the coach for what? 3-4 years? and hes had the top 3 offense in the nfl for years so i doubt anyone can figure him out

it will come down to whether the defense plays like it did in the sb year aka turnovers galore, or will it regress back to the old no defense aints?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-04, 20:19

i say they go strong but not dominate
Back to top Go down
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-05, 00:09

Their offense will be studly with Bree's. But defensivly...eh.
Back to top Go down
matthauganak1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
matthauganak1

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-07, 03:37

They will continue to have winning seasons maybe make the playoffs a couple times but there done
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-07, 09:36

so the jury is still out on this one, eh?
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-07, 10:55

the Saints should still do well but the Superbowl again? naww! that run is over!
Back to top Go down
Magaca
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-10, 07:10

I think they will be able to reach the NFC final or the SB again, especially if they can resign Sharper. Their offense is exactly the same as far as i know, and so far they've only lost Fujita on defense. Same HC, same O and D coordinator. Don't see any NFC team being stronger, not even Packers or Vikings.
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-10, 10:04

What kind of bull s*** question is that? Saints will still be raw next year. Im calling 16-0 and Superbowl 45 Champions. Yall must have forgot we played a whole season WITHOUT STANLEY ARNOUX **EDIT - AND CHIP VAUGHN. With those same shitty OLB's, besides the hatian sensation. Saints are possibly in consideration for switching to a 3-4 in the 2010 season or 2011. We released that lazy bastard charles grant so be ready chumps.

Last edited by Ellard on 2010-04-10, 14:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-10, 10:05

Ketcham While They're Hot wrote:
I see at least one more season of success for the Saints. I think they'll either get to the Super Bowl or NFC Championship game again next year. Brees is awesome, Bush is settling in and they have solid WRs and TE. Also, their D is slightly above average. I don't see why'd they just drop off. Not yet at least.

They wont fall off, be ready chumps.
Back to top Go down
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty2010-04-10, 10:34

as long as they keep their WR cored healthy i think they are a tuff team to beat!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are the Saints a one hit wonder?   Are the Saints a one hit wonder? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1