Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Buddah's thoughts on the UFL

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Buddah's thoughts on the UFL Empty
PostSubject: Buddah's thoughts on the UFL   Buddah's thoughts on the UFL Empty2009-03-14, 03:38

now i kno we all agree that there will be not a naya notta nother football league besides wat we have now. BUT if the UFL can get financial support and/or become a part of the nfl, then they can groom troubled players, undrafted players and give an opportunity to other to try and get into the league. the UFL already had 4 teams and 4 coachs 2 of which are former nfl head coaches. i think that the nfl should pick up the UFL to do some sort of state side nfl europe. i kno ppl say that college football is the nfl's grooming league such as baseballs minor league. the nfl will be opening up new jobs in this troubled economy. the nfl wouldnt have to shove out too much money in that the UFL will be its own entity but apart of the NFL. This means that they can get fans just because they will be affiliated with NFL. practice squad players can have a league to play in. unproven coaches can come from the UFL. free agents who do not get picked up can play in this league. i kno that there is the CFL but like i said bring it to the US with the UFL.

here are my points:

- the UFL can serve as a part of the NFL in being the NFL's "farm system"
- Stadiums can be put into cities or stats that do not have teams and maybe used as a proving ground for new expansion teams (i.e. jacksonville)
- UFL could be its own entity apart mostly financially apart from the NFL but apart of its system
- UFL can be used as a way to gain revenue for a city and creat jobs for the economy.
- UFL can be used to examine future expansion teams.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Buddah's thoughts on the UFL   Buddah's thoughts on the UFL Empty2009-03-14, 03:46

I like that idea for 1 reason:
The players who spent all their lives playing football to not get drafted should be able to do something instead of asking "paper or plastic?" If you played for 9 years just to become a grocery boy I think that you should have a chance for redemption.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Buddah's thoughts on the UFL   Buddah's thoughts on the UFL Empty2009-03-15, 19:21

I like the Idea, and actually 3 of the coaches are former NFL head coaches. It'll get moe interesting if they live and expand even further after 1 year.
[xMSOG] CJDAWGG14 wrote:
The players who spent all their lives playing football to not get drafted should be able to do something instead of asking "paper or plastic?" If you played for 9 years just to become a grocery boy I think that you should have a chance for redemption.

If you spent 9 years in the NFL, even as a career backup I would hope that you would at least have enough money to go back to collge or something even if you aren't readily rich enough to live wel for the rest of your life. LOL.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Buddah's thoughts on the UFL   Buddah's thoughts on the UFL Empty2009-03-15, 19:28

[STARS] Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
I like the Idea, and actually 3 of the coaches are former NFL head coaches. It'll get moe interesting if they live and expand even further after 1 year.
[xMSOG] CJDAWGG14 wrote:

If you spent 9 years in the NFL, even as a career backup I would hope that you would at least have enough money to go back to collge or something even if you aren't readily rich enough to live wel for the rest of your life. LOL.
9 years playing, meaning NOT in the nfl
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Buddah's thoughts on the UFL   Buddah's thoughts on the UFL Empty2009-03-15, 22:44

yeah thats wat i mean cj itll give other players a chance to do wat they do and still have a shot to play football still
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Buddah's thoughts on the UFL   Buddah's thoughts on the UFL Empty2009-03-15, 23:57

WNBA players make anywhere from 50,000 a year to 300,000 a year. that is good money. They could pay members of the UFL similiarly, and sell a lot more tickets than the WNBA ever will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buddah's thoughts on the UFL   Buddah's thoughts on the UFL Empty

Back to top Go down

Buddah's thoughts on the UFL
Page 1 of 1