Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Fair Play Rules

Go down 
+12
Mcnair2Wycheck
chrisc2006
Beavis
bigbuddah
jwhite
SticK2NaSty
jchizzy8
D_Cash
pkismyname
Baseballa
Fudopi is That Dude
SdGator
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-22, 22:57

Do you think madden will bring back fair play rules? Do you want to see them back?
I remember back in the day on PS2 madden had fair play rules online for ranked games. I thought it made the game so much more fun and realistic. It forced u to play more like a real NFL team would. Which resulted in more realistic scores and games. I don't know about you but if I stop someone on 3rd inside their 40 I think you should get the ball. It also limited onsides kicks till it was realistic. I havent seen really many people doing onsides kicks in 09 but it use to be so annoying in past years. They also made one of your lineman false start if u were running hurry up in non hurry up situations. (maybe that one could be left out, i dont really run hurry up unless its late in the game, but I know some people cant do without it)
I am all for fair play rules. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-22, 22:59

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing it back...

Except for the no huddle, in my mind it's just a strategy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-22, 23:01

yea its strategy. But i can say one of the things that frustrates me the worst is when You hold someone to a 3rd and long or 4th and long and they convert. So im for it.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-22, 23:04

we need to voice it to EA. Since they are all about making 10 around our input and all. They really outta bring this back. May not stop the glitches and all but ull still see a lot more people punting cuz they get stopped on 3rd down.
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-22, 23:14

Yea. This would change the scores of alot of games.
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 00:02

I remember the good ol days of the ps2.

Connect that 928429384 Ft wire into the back.
The number of punts would increase dramatically and those no huddle fools will come down.
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 00:03

Everyone will like this fair play rule now but when you get a 4th and 4 on your opponent's 39 yard line and you want to go for it and you can't then you will say the fair play rule is gay...

I for one thinks there shouldn't be a fair play rule.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
jchizzy8
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
jchizzy8

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 00:08

I think that if its 4th and longer then 5 then you should have to punt if your in your territory. The only time you dont have to is in the fourth quarter or losing by 2 possessions
Back to top Go down
SticK2NaSty
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SticK2NaSty

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 00:27

thats why they call it madden , its not real. I don't like fair play because if they go for it on forth its your fault if you can't hold em. I like it the way it is
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 00:36

If in Madden 10 its easier to stop the fb dive and qb sneak I say leave it like it is. If its 4th and more than 3 I like my chances on stopping them and getting the ball on a short field. Fair play was cool though for the Ps2 but I would still rather have the option of going for it.. They just need to tweak a couple things and I think it will be fine..
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 00:58

yeah well on the opp 39 u could make a fg if u have a decent kicker. I also like my chances of stopping him on 4th down. also. But with the way the game is now i cant tell u how many times ill have good coverage on 4th down and somehow between 3 of my defenders his WR comes down with it. But if I remember correctly if u were in the opp territory and u were down and definately in the 3rd and 4th qtr you could go for it. I dont think it should be 100% the same as it was in the PS2 days. But I do think it would be better if u stop them on their side of the 40 they have to punt. If its on their 40 and beyond then they should have the option to go for it. That would be my personal way of doing it. But even on PS2 it would let you go for it in realistic situations u werent always limited. Especially when u were on the 39 yd line area that grey area between punt or fg. I dunno. I just think it raised the competition level from top to bottom a lot closer. Dont know if that scares you but personally I like competition. U were allowed to turn off fair play rules for those who wanted hardcore games. But all ranked games had to be run with fair play.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 01:00

i think some type of fair play rules should be intact if the game play remains close to how it is now. Doesnt have to always make u punt. But i think early and in your own territory u should have to punt. 4th qtr anything goes. I think there can be some kind of system in place that would make everyone happy or at least content.
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 01:28

I look at everything as probablity and risk reward. If its 4th and 10 or more I feel I have an 80% chance of stopping that person. So if he wants to take that risk I'm fine with that. I know that 8 out of 10 times its going to be my ball 1st and 10. I'll give him the 2 times he gets lucky.

I just don't want Madden to help my oppenent be a better coach then he actually is. If he is not smart enough to realize that on 4th and 10 he needs to punt why should EA bail him out. I think if EA makes the game were if its 4th down and your on your own side of the field that the risk your taking isn't worth the reward. Then w/o having to put in fair play Madden will be fine. But in 09 the risk isn't great enough to deter that. In Madden 10 I'm hoping it will.

Like I said I have no problem with fair play I just hope that it doesn't have to come that.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 02:31

i feel ya jwhite. I mean i dont complain when i stop him and i get the ball. LOL, now that you all have broken it down for me i guess i can see both sides a little better. I had been wondering for the longest why EA did away with Fair Play rules cuz i thought it was really good back in the day. I dunno like a few people have said if they make the FB dive and the QB sneak less effective in 10 then I think the rules will be fine as is. Maybe they can make the defense play tighter d on 4th down or something next year. Make the pass rush more fierce on 4th down. Something to raise the pressure. Maybe make the screen shake a lil when ur the road team to give it that pressure feel of what ull feel in a real game. Kinda what NCAA 07 (i think it was) introduced back in the days. players with lower awareness ratings maybe run the route wrong or something like that. I loved the composure rating in NCAA 07 and how it effected ur players on the road and under pressure. I think that could be a good thing to bring over to the pros. Vices versa i wish NCAA would take some hints in gameplay from MADDEN. NCAA feels so stiff compared to madden
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 03:34

i think the fair play rule should be but also tweaked a lil...ima a guy who will punt on 4th and inches and i punting is a good think specially for field position changes...i think that punt coverage should be corrected to allow fair play to do its work and not allow 30yrd returns everytime u punt the ball which is y i punt out of bounds...i think if u do the work to stop someone for a 4th down den ur reward is the ball back...fair play forces ppl to have an offense and not jus run for2 run for3 run for3 and go for it on 4th and 2 and get it by runnin haha...with the way they design the break away tackles this yr its hard enough stoppin someone in the backfield without them draggin u out for a 2 yrd game.

fair play does bring a sense of realism to the game and that is wat they make the game for...wen ppl say its jus a game and isnt suppose to simulate real life those are the guys i dont wanna play those are the guys who find the glitches and flaws and exploit them and those are the guys who wont like this feature.

now as far as the hurry up offense goes, i honestly think that if EA can find a way to differentiate a hurry up offense from a no huddle then i wouldnt mind the hurry up/no huddle offense. there is a difference in speeed and style of the 2...a hurry up is for last 2 minutes players sprint to the line and a quick hike...a no huddle is for ppl who have a sick passing game are catch there opponent with the wrong personnel but players dont sprint to line and there is no quick hike. everyone know wat im talkin about caus if u wanna see the difference in a no huddle watch tom brady do it or manning if u wanna see a hurry up watch the end of the superbowl or end of any game thats close and u will see the difference.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 04:12

good point bigbuddah. Ive noticed how u hit a player in the backfield for what should be a 2 yard loss turns into a 2 yard gain. Or they break the tackle then break the next one and pick up 4 or 5. Felix Jones is notorious for that ishhh. I swear he breaks the first tackle almost everytime. He breaks tackles too consistently. I think breaking tackles on a consistent basis should be reserved for the big power backs. It seems like the little guys break them almost as easy.
Back to top Go down
Beavis
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Beavis

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 13:08

I think Fair play should definetly be brought back... It would make madden much more conserative.. you'd have to choose your plays all over again if you couldnt go for it on 4th... for example if its 3rd and 7 ppl usually look for pass if i come out of 4 wide and 1 rb.. then i pop the run in and dont quite get it 4th & 2.. Fb dive first down.. So i think that should be removed by adding the fair play back to madden. Smile
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 13:32

I think they should give the player the option to whether they want to play an online game fair or not. Would make everyone happy.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-02-23, 13:49

I would not like to see fair play in but would rather like to see the AI change.

1. Make QB sneak and FB dive much more defendable. The animations are way too quick and unrealistic for such plays.

2. Make coverage more adaptable to eliminate money plays.

3. Make Nu huddling and constant audibling result in A LOT more missed assignments, busted plays, false start penalties so that people would be unwise to do so constantly.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-03-01, 01:41

agree with u 100% mcnair
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-03-01, 01:48

yea i cant complain with this years eddition but there is room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-03-01, 03:14

The only way they will bring this back is if they bring back the regular playcall screen. cuz the playcall screen now wouldn't allow it. It'd get fooled by easy things like holding down X and crap.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-03-01, 03:59

Mcnair u make alotta sense u shud make ur own madden lol
Back to top Go down
SticK2NaSty
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SticK2NaSty

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-03-01, 12:16

i think there just needs to be improved ai and anamations i hate fair play. It limits you, and hurry up is a strategy not cheesing
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty2009-03-01, 15:46

SdGator wrote:
good point bigbuddah. Ive noticed how u hit a player in the backfield for what should be a 2 yard loss turns into a 2 yard gain. Or they break the tackle then break the next one and pick up 4 or 5. Felix Jones is notorious for that ishhh. I swear he breaks the first tackle almost everytime. He breaks tackles too consistently. I think breaking tackles on a consistent basis should be reserved for the big power backs. It seems like the little guys break them almost as easy.

EXACTLY

I can't count how many times on 1st and 10 and I've hit him at the line, and then the next play it's 2nd and 6... I fucking hate that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Sponsored content

Fair Play Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fair Play Rules   Fair Play Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Fair Play Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next