Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Countering the RC and Lob Catch

Go down 
+8
Versatile G
moss81
tuki94
KidProDiiGy
Fudgy
[LOK] frank33
flphinatic
SticK2NaSty
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SticK2NaSty
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SticK2NaSty

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty
PostSubject: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-02-14, 12:38

Having trouble stopping the RC, or the Lob user catch? I know some of you may know how to do this but here you go.
When the offense RCs it takes a lot of work. You have to turn your reciever around and user catch. On the defensive side you can do this without all the hassle. When you hit the strafe button (L2) it turns your defensive back forward and he back pedals. On those lob chatches this is easy to do. As you run towards the spot of the ball strafe then user catch. You will usually jump and get the ball which puts you higher than the WR. On quick RCs or just plain passes this is harder. You need to user your CB much faster and press the strafe button then user catch. This takes practice so don't get pissed when you can't do it on your first try.
Also you have to keep your timing. If you try to catch the ball too late the ball will most likely go over your head.

Last edited by [STARS] N0TH1N BUT ST1CK on 2009-03-04, 23:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SticK2NaSty
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SticK2NaSty

Number of posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-02-14, 21:21

If you have good stick already you should do this pretty easy
Back to top Go down
flphinatic
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-02-14, 22:47

good to know
Back to top Go down
[LOK] frank33
New MS Member
New MS Member
[LOK] frank33

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-02-23, 11:28

can u lab this with me please
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-03-04, 20:07

hold strafe button and swat
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-03-12, 02:08

thank u stick im getting tired of people beatin me with the rc now i prolly can stop it
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-03-12, 10:02

yea this is wat i do but it takes practice to master
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-03-12, 18:06

stopping the rc is really hard d-cash killed me with the corner one
Back to top Go down
Versatile G
New MS Member
New MS Member
Versatile G

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-04-01, 12:59

ay dat sum good s*** bro itlll help me against those bastards online who jus throw 30 yard lobs to anqaun boldin or larry fiztgearld onand jus rc with them all game
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-04-02, 00:09

thanks for the help bruh!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-04-02, 23:34

I usually have a problem with people that are really good at RC or the Lob catch cuz they are in better position then i can get in and they get the ball at its highest point so i use the swat button instead of the catch button cuz u will usually get higher on ur jump if u just try to swat it instead of catch it.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-04-03, 01:50

if they favor one reciever i just find where he is on the field and i control that CB and just stay on him. Had a guy try to Moss me to death today and i USER picked him 2 times and deflected probably another 3 times when he tried to go to a check down when he finally realized that wasnt gonna work he threw 2 more ints and got sacked probably like 5 times. All in the first half. That was a new way of defending it i tried today and it worked better than antything i tried before. I use to use the FS or LB. This was WAAAYYY more effective.
Back to top Go down
mcfart01
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty2009-04-03, 11:58

i been doing this on ps2 nothing knew to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countering the RC and Lob Catch   Countering the RC and Lob Catch Empty

Back to top Go down

Countering the RC and Lob Catch
Page 1 of 1