Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???

Go down 
+8
dukefn92
SoupaRus
b dawk 20
D_Cash
Militant X 1
CJDAWGG14
OGiant23
hannahlogan1
12 posters
AuthorMessage
hannahlogan1
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-07

WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-11, 19:35

OK....2 games today I faced this OFFENSE or OFFENSIVE scheme and it killed me...1st against the eagles and then against the 49ers......the basic formation goes like this...

-qb is in the shotgun w/ the hb lined up next to him
-they motion the hb mainly to the left but sometimes right, giving them I believe 5 receivers
-then this leaves them in the gun with an empty backfield
-sometimes they were hitting the hb for good gains as if he was the receiver lined up closest to the o-line
-then what was really killing me is they would start hitting one of there left side receivers on a screen pass and getting HUGE YARDS on me

so my questions are: a

A. what formation are they running
B. what is the play called
C. how do you run a good screen pass, cus they were killing me with like 70yd tds

and most importantly....

D. HOW THE H3!! do I DEFEND IT???

thanks for the help guys
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-11, 19:46

shotgun 4 wide.......

zone D and pressure

sto screen with man and user placement
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-11, 19:57

the play is prolly called slot outside which has the inside left WR running a screen
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-11, 20:01

i feel ya bruh! someone did this to me a few days back and i was heated! he did it to the left and right side and i was all messed up and just couldn't stop it no matter what i tried.
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-11, 20:06

I hate when people do this to me. I try to use a cover 2 to cover the flats and manually be the safety to watch the Deep pass and sometimes put some of my linemen into coverage.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
b dawk 20
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-12, 16:22

this screen must be goin around cuz someone was doin some crazy screen out of shotgun motioning is hb and he would have like 8 blockers for the screen blowing up my guys
Back to top Go down
SoupaRus
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-12, 17:01

I'mma have to figure this screen out...

outta nickle normal and 335 there's a nice velcro 9, and outta 4-3 the cover 4 flats works well too

If you have a good enough DE a QB contain works well to..
Back to top Go down
dukefn92
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
dukefn92

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-12, 18:33

i have stopped someone using this screen play. All I did was 3-4 cover 4 then have my DE contain outside and most of the time I got a loss out of it. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-12, 19:11

I love when people run screens, easiest plays in Madden to stop if they run them out of the same formation every time.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-12, 19:17

when someone runs screens on me, i play man and I use the de to go over and attack where the screen is being thrown, i either pick it with the DE, pick it with the corner,or shut him down for a 5 yard loss
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-21, 18:35

for screen passes just wait for it to develop
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty2009-01-21, 20:10

SoupaRus wrote:
I'mma have to figure this screen out...

outta nickle normal and 335 there's a nice velcro 9, and outta 4-3 the cover 4 flats works well too

If you have a good enough DE a QB contain works well to..

EHHH

thats one of my audibles styll

it doesnt shut it down like man cover but it contains it to 5 years

but ye .. if u want to protect against the deep post also .. have this in ur audibles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???   WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT??? Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT IS THIS FORMATION AND HOW DO I DEFEND IT???
Page 1 of 1