Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Great play to defend the RC

Go down 
+3
EggzOverEazy
pkismyname
Mcnair2Wycheck
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Great play to defend the RC Empty
PostSubject: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-04, 23:47

To do this you need a fast LE and need to have good pass rushing skills.
Call Dime Flat Zone Blitz
Flip the play
Crash the Line left
Pinch the Line
Contain your LE and run around the Tackle with him. The Quarterback will likely crumble under the pressure and if they don't you have all of the zones in place to stop the RC. Even if you don't get to the QB the pressure might rattle the player and screw his timing up.
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-05, 01:17

I'll try it out.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-05, 13:53

If you are better at controlling the RE than the LE, just do everything opposite. Don't flip it, crash right instead of left etc. etc. I personally prefer to control the LE though.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-05, 14:03

MCNAIR! thats what i do. its my #1 RC defense. but since i have julius at RE, i dont flip the play... because he'll get me mad interceptions. so i put the RE in a hook zone, and i put the blitzing corner in a yellow (or i put the blitzing corner in a purple and change the SS's zone to a yellow). and then shift the line left and move whoever i have in purple zones closer to the sidelines. its sooooooo hard to RC on.

i actually do a lot of plays like this for RC. i gotta get a good rush with 3 guys, and then i put everyone in position, and then its all reaction skill.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-05, 17:46

I also use 46-Bear zone read but I have it as an audible so I come out in Nickel or dime and audiblize.
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-05, 17:53

Also some other good RC plays are

4-3 Cover 4 Flats
4-3 Buzz Duo

4-6 CB Blitz .. (Put the Blitzing Corners in Yellow)
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-10, 03:42

i dnt kno what formation this play is in but its called cover 2 buc spread your linebackers this shud work qith some stick skills
Back to top Go down
NewbieX2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-10, 08:16

gee2012 wrote:
i dnt kno what formation this play is in but its called cover 2 buc spread your linebackers this shud work qith some stick skills

I'm starting to use Dime Cover 2 Buc and it's been great so far. I love this play combined with Strike 2 Deep and Zone Man X.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-10, 11:55

akadreday wrote:

I don't think that would really be a good play because an important part of stopping the RC is messing their timing up and that play would bring no pressure at all.

@ Person abouve me: I use Cover 2 buc a lot for other reasons. Does it really defend the RC? Because it does not seem like a play that would.
Back to top Go down
NewbieX2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-10, 18:26

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
akadreday wrote:

I don't think that would really be a good play because an important part of stopping the RC is messing their timing up and that play would bring no pressure at all.

@ Person abouve me: I use Cover 2 buc a lot for other reasons. Does it really defend the RC? Because it does not seem like a play that would.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that I use it to defend against the RC. I just meant that it's a nice play in general vs the pass.
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty2009-02-10, 22:50

The 4-6 CB Blitz can do a decent job at defending the curls too. My RC defense is quarter cover 4 adjust everyone to where they like to go to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great play to defend the RC   Great play to defend the RC Empty

Back to top Go down

Great play to defend the RC
Page 1 of 1