Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Need help vs 5 WR sets

Go down 
+10
Mcnair2Wycheck
BOSTN BEANER
DEATHBYHITSTICK
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
the madden guru
yaboy510
W A V Y D R E
Militant X 1
pkismyname
MikeGzYaDig
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeGzYaDig
New MS Member
New MS Member
MikeGzYaDig

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty
PostSubject: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-03, 13:37

the problem i am having is my opponent will come out 5 wide and run a screen (i take note of that) so im ready the next time.. so they run it again but then start using audibles to different 5 wide sets and its get very annoying ... i get how to stop the screen ( i usually man up and press cover) but then i get stuck in man coverage kuz im guessing its the screen ...

anybody got any tips
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-03, 14:20

Try cover 2 and manually control a DT and take him to the side the screen being done.
Should stop it.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-03, 14:34

don't fall for the screen everytime you see 5 wide. sometimes...that is just a tactic used to get you to sit down on it and not to focus on other side of the field. spread your o-line....make sure that you have a flat route to the side of the screen...and then manually control a LB to help out with the screen....flat or middle of the field.
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-03, 15:20

Militant X 1 wrote:
don't fall for the screen everytime you see 5 wide. sometimes...that is just a tactic used to get you to sit down on it and not to focus on other side of the field. spread your o-line....make sure that you have a flat route to the side of the screen...and then manually control a LB to help out with the screen....flat or middle of the field.

D-Line u mean
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-03, 16:03

i would blitz because they have no rb blocking, then user guard the screen- read the lineman and WRs to see if the go over there, if they dont, then drop back in coverage
Back to top Go down
MikeGzYaDig
New MS Member
New MS Member
MikeGzYaDig

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-03, 19:02

thanks guys i appreciate the help
Back to top Go down
the madden guru
New MS Member
New MS Member
the madden guru

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-03, 19:09

I would use man coverage, it locks up screens for minimal gains, this is the only use for man coverage.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-04, 01:12

this is what i do....if you no when to screen is coming or not..or when ever they are in a 5 wr set...set up about 2-3 of the yellow zone coverages and user a defensive lineman and check the screen..and if not there...either pass rush or drop back in caverage..the yellow zones will help becasue there are alot of crossing routes in 5wr sets
Back to top Go down
the madden guru
New MS Member
New MS Member
the madden guru

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-04, 02:26

to stop the screen the EAsy way put a DE into a contain, he gets out and makes the tackle np.
Back to top Go down
DEATHBYHITSTICK
New MS Member
New MS Member
DEATHBYHITSTICK

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-06, 01:30

you will know exactly when it is a screen when the LB receiver is the first one line up outside the OL. So it will goe like this X Y LTLGCRGRT LB A B... Every other 5 Wide set will have the LB on the inside between A and B.

If your opp. is sticking to 5 wide, just pause the game and reset your audibles accordingly.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-06, 02:33

pkismyname wrote:
Try cover 2 and manually control a DT and take him to the side the screen being done.
Should stop it.

if u do this and they have a running qb though they will run wit their qb straight up the middle for 5+ yards! I corner blitz when i think its coming and not the corner blitz thats a zone... play the corner blitz thats man to man.. someone is in man on the wr and ur corner will hit him quick if they throw the screen faster then they should.. if they wait too long the corner will bat the ball at the line..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-06, 13:49

I just control the DE on the side with 3 WR's and if I see the linemen go out I follow them so that I don't actually have to give up on everything else in an attempt to stop the screen.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-06, 16:30

the best way to stop the screen and protect against other routes is to read the pulling olinemen. use a linebacker or use a DE to blow the screen up if and only if u see the guards and tackle pull..that is the only way to notice the screen so dont man up jus call a zone and if u see them pull go blow it up if not sit back in coverage.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-06, 18:28

bigbuddah wrote:
the best way to stop the screen and protect against other routes is to read the pulling olinemen. use a linebacker or use a DE to blow the screen up if and only if u see the guards and tackle pull..that is the only way to notice the screen so dont man up jus call a zone and if u see them pull go blow it up if not sit back in coverage.

good idea...lol
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-06, 21:13

DEATHBYHITSTICK wrote:
you will know exactly when it is a screen when the LB receiver is the first one line up outside the OL. So it will goe like this X Y LTLGCRGRT LB A B... Every other 5 Wide set will have the LB on the inside between A and B.

wow i never realized that... thats a good tip!!!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-06, 22:21

My favorite thing to do against 5 wide or similar formations is I control the CB playing the flat zone so if they run a quick out or a screen I can jump it. I also like doing this because if nobody comes into that corner's zone I can move him around to try to manually cover an open guy. It works well a surprising amount of times. Also, if you show blitz, some opponents may be more likely to throw the ball right off the snap, which can lead to an easy pick.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-07, 00:04

dam you got alot of people helping you here
Back to top Go down
blackhawk375
New MS Member
New MS Member
blackhawk375

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-07, 03:02

iTz Unr3al wrote:
dam you got alot of people helping you here

That's what I love about this site. Most of the guys are very willing to share their strategies with the rest of us. I've learned ALOT since coming here. Too bad I still suck.
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.375tech.com
MikeGzYaDig
New MS Member
New MS Member
MikeGzYaDig

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-09, 16:19

thanks guys i appreiciate the help u all were very helpful
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty2009-01-30, 22:21

come out in nickle or dollar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help vs 5 WR sets   Need help vs 5 WR sets Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help vs 5 WR sets
Page 1 of 1