Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown Empty
PostSubject: CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown   CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown Empty2008-12-29, 16:58

this is a breakdown of Shotgun Tight. Yaboy wanted to me to post this, so I did. this Breakdown consists of 4 plays(FL drag Under, Circle, Tight Seams, WR hooks)
FL DRAG UNDER: this is a good play, but we need to make it better so here's what I do.

SETUP: hot route your HB to do a curl route. motion the outside right WR to the left and hor toue him to a curl. hot route the ouside left WR to run an inside slant. hot route the inside left WR to run a streak(cover 2 purposes)

LOOKS: your 1st look will be the HB running the curl(this is an over/under play so the LB doens't guard him, but the LB guard the slant and the WR on the curl Wink )
Your 2nd look will be the WR running the inside slant.
Your third look will be the motioned WR running the curl route(its tricky to get it to him, so you WILL need to use precision passing.
Your 4th look will be the WR running the streak(if he's in cover 2).

CIRCLE: I did this route in the mini RNG breakdown, but I have multiple varaitons of how to execute it.

SETUP: motion the outside right WR to the left(this is a scheme type thing, because your opponent thinks your running the other play) hot route him to run a curl route. hot route the inside left to run an inside slant(smart routed)(the non motioned guy. he should be in the middle after you motion the outside right WR)

LOOKS: Your 1st look is going to be the HB on the circle route. your going to want to get it to him on the inside cut.
Your 2nd look will be the WR running the smart routed slant(I did this play from 10 yards out, so I'd only do this from more than 7 yards out.)
Your 3rd look will be the outside left WR running the elongated slant(wait until he gets close to the sideline though)
Your 4th look will be the WR running the streak(cover 2 purposes)

TIGHT SEAMS: this is one of my favorite plays out of this formation.

SETUP: motion the outside right WR to the left. THE KEY TO THIS PLAY IS POCKET PRESENCE.

LOOKS:
for this play, you need to use the playmaker. as long as you playmaker up, the outside left WR running the weird in route should get open. this is the only person you need to look towards, unless ur opponent is in cover 2 then you can look towards any of WR's on streaks.

WR HOOKS: I like this play for short yardage situations

SETUP: hot route the HB to run a curl route.

LOOKS: your 1st look will be the inside right WR(#1 WR on the depth chart)
Your 2nd look will be the HB running the curl route.
Your 3rd look will be the inside WR running the button hook to the outside. the other two routes will be guarded, so thats why these routes are oepn, but if you see one of the other routes open then throw it to them(if you want).

I hope you liked this SG tight breakdown.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown   CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown Empty2008-12-29, 16:59

thanks a bunch
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown   CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown Empty2008-12-29, 17:01

Lol thanks
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown   CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown Empty2009-01-21, 18:54

imma try this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown   CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown Empty

Back to top Go down

CJ's Shotgun Tight Breakdown
Page 1 of 1