Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I do too much stupid stuff.

Go down 
+2
BOSTN BEANER
hof8231
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

I do too much stupid stuff. Empty
PostSubject: I do too much stupid stuff.   I do too much stupid stuff. Empty2008-12-27, 19:09

Ok, well this is sort of a rant thread but there are some questions to it. I play about 3 quarters of sound, smart football (good run/pass ratio, punting on 4th down, not throwing any picks, etc). Then, I get into the 4th quarter a lot of times with the lead, and things just get bad. I for some reason start throwing more and to more questionably covered receivers and getting the ball picked. Or I don't punt and go for it and don't get it. Just today, I was playing somebody, I was down by 3, 0 time outs left and had the ball on their 14 with like 35 seconds in the game. Instead of pounding it to the middle of the field for an easy field goal, I throw a pass across the middle to a double covered Jason Witten and it gets picked, ultimately ending the game.

I know HOW I should be playing, but sometimes I just don't play that way.

Now for some questions:

I mainly use the Cowboys because they've been my favorite team in real life for my whole life and it feels weird not using them. I can usually hold my own on offense and rush D, but it seems my pass coverage is always lacking. I even start using nickel/quarter packages on all downs because it gives me better pass coverage. I find that a lot of times on obvious passing downs, I only blitz 3 or 4 so the QB has all day to set up camp and find a receiver. But it also seems that when I try to bring the heat, there is ALWAYS somebody wide open, even if the defender should be covering that area. I usually manually control an ILB if that makes a difference and I use the 3-4. What advice could you give me for improving my pass D?

Also, it seems this game is more realistic pass offense-wise because it seems like it encourages you to throw short out/drag/curl routes rather than going deep every play, which I like. But it seems like this gets me into a rut and makes me fear throwing it deep, thinking it will be intercepted. What is the best way to get out of an offensive rut?

Mainly what I'm looking for is how to better cover the pass and how to get out of an offensive rut. Thanks for any help. I love this game but it's getting very frustrating because, like I said before, I make dumb mistakes that usually cost me the game.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: I do too much stupid stuff.   I do too much stupid stuff. Empty2008-12-27, 19:37

On offence ive been using a lot of motion if i cant find a way to move the ball.. one play i run is the fl screen outa the gun it has a TE to the right, one WR to the right, two WRs to the left and a RB to the right... i use 2 different motions for different situations, if someone covers the screen well i motion my slot reciever to the right and hes on a slant over the middle wide open most the time because alot of people cover the screen with their lbs and the middle is open if that happens... if they dont try to cover the screen by themselves i motion my rb to the right and he is set to block and it gives me one extra blocker for the screen pass... ive been picking up 15+ yards when motioning the rb on that play... as for the defence ive actually had the same problem with 3rd and longs gettin too concervative so now ive just been blitzin CBs... if they beat me on it good for them at least i didnt just sit back and let them beat me... i found too that i actually get a lot of sacks or interceptions on 3rd and long cuz they just throw off their back foot tryin to get rid of it or they try running back to buy time and they hold the ball too long... cant be too concervative.. id rather get beat blitzing then watching 3 guys get blocked all day..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Downtown YuckieBrown
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Downtown YuckieBrown

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I do too much stupid stuff.   I do too much stupid stuff. Empty2008-12-30, 12:53

i concur....

I do too much stupid stuff
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I do too much stupid stuff.   I do too much stupid stuff. Empty2008-12-30, 16:24

Like I used to be so stupid and if I was like up by 4 and it was 4th and 2 or so on the opponents 20 something I'd go for it instead of kicking and making it a 7 point game. I've gotten better about it though. I just try to play it like a real NFL game now.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: I do too much stupid stuff.   I do too much stupid stuff. Empty2008-12-30, 16:24

yeah we all do stupied stuff some times man lol
Back to top Go down
Ketcham While They're Hot
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Ketcham While They're Hot

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: I do too much stupid stuff.   I do too much stupid stuff. Empty2008-12-30, 16:28

Like misspell stupid lol...
Back to top Go down
SticK2NaSty
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SticK2NaSty

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: I do too much stupid stuff.   I do too much stupid stuff. Empty2008-12-30, 16:57

Use a zone blitz you like. Experiment with diffrent combose of blitz and zone you'll fine more than one
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: I do too much stupid stuff.   I do too much stupid stuff. Empty2008-12-30, 17:07

ketcham while they're hot wrote:
Like misspell stupid lol...

Hey did i ask u how to spell lol this isnt a real school where u spell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I do too much stupid stuff.   I do too much stupid stuff. Empty

Back to top Go down

I do too much stupid stuff.
Page 1 of 1