Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How do I stop this stupid play?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
COHIBA jared
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-23

How do I stop this stupid play? Empty
PostSubject: How do I stop this stupid play?   How do I stop this stupid play? Empty2009-12-18, 15:13

I play as the dolphins all the time since they are my team and I hate playing with other teams (so im not sure if this is a MIA defensive issue or if im the problem).

Every once in a while when im playing online ill get a guy who does nothing but scramble out to the right or left with his qb and while he's on the run out of the pocket toss it to a WIDE OPEN running back in the flat. It's like my defense will refuse to cover that area of the field as soon as he starts scrambling out of the pocket. I've run into this often lately.

I am not an expert by any means but what will happen is my opponent will run the same play OVER AND OVER again the entire game. Scramble out, toss on the run, wide open in the flat running back.

Also, I want to add that the opponent is NOT running a screen play. It's almost like a blown play where the QB runs out of the pocket and find a wide open guy in the flat but they run it the entire game on purpose.

It's very annoying. What am I missing here?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Celtic_Shield
New MS Member
New MS Member
Celtic_Shield

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: How do I stop this stupid play?   How do I stop this stupid play? Empty2009-12-18, 15:15

Defensive end contain, or qb contain. You could also but your de in a flat zone to the direction they scramble out too. Another option is to cb blitz zone, so by the time he rolls out your cb wraps him up. hope this helps gl
Back to top Go down
COHIBA jared
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How do I stop this stupid play?   How do I stop this stupid play? Empty2009-12-18, 15:20

I hear you but that CB blitz does not work. He would throw it before he got any pressure. I didn't try DE contain but I don't think that would be effective either.

Is this a common thing that people do? I've run into it 3 times in the past week or two.
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: How do I stop this stupid play?   How do I stop this stupid play? Empty2009-12-18, 15:37

I hate this BS - but it works if you don't stop it. The beauty is that most people that run this can't do anything else. Running a nano blitz from an OLB is a good option.

I have also run zone coverage and cheat everyone to the side where he like to pass. Make sure someone is in the slot. Then, I user the other side of the field just in case. Usually they will try to scramble up the field. Once you see this, user the next closest guy and hit stick that b*tch. Make sure you grab someone who doesn't give up the check down play to the RB.
Back to top Go down
COHIBA jared
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How do I stop this stupid play?   How do I stop this stupid play? Empty2009-12-18, 15:44

You guys are talking over my head a little bit lol... but this is good info.
Back to top Go down
Celtic_Shield
New MS Member
New MS Member
Celtic_Shield

PostSubject: Re: How do I stop this stupid play?   How do I stop this stupid play? Empty2009-12-18, 16:23

what system you have, if ps3 ill lab with you and show you
Back to top Go down
COHIBA jared
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How do I stop this stupid play?   How do I stop this stupid play? Empty2009-12-21, 10:07

Thanks for the offer. I actually was able to do it this weekend. I crushed the hell out of three whiney assholes. They all ended up quitting by the 2nd or 3rd quarter so I just finished up against the CPU to get the easy wins.

thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Celtic_Shield
New MS Member
New MS Member
Celtic_Shield

PostSubject: Re: How do I stop this stupid play?   How do I stop this stupid play? Empty2009-12-21, 10:54

nice man congrats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I stop this stupid play?   How do I stop this stupid play? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I stop this stupid play?
Page 1 of 1