Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to make a goal line stop.

Go down 
+8
Joronomo707
wayne019
gusto1397
BOSTN BEANER
Mcnair2Wycheck
iCky Sticks
Crunk
Fudopi is That Dude
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

How to make a goal line stop. Empty
PostSubject: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-11-29, 18:29

So over the last few days I've had to do this a lot, and if you want to take your game to the top you can't just give them points once they get inside the 10... Follow these steps and you won't be going to the kitchen to get Cheez-itz late in games when you need a gl stand.

Will he run or pass?
This question is crucial when your on the goal line, because most plays out of the goal line formation don't have very good coverage in them and the ones that do can't stop a power running play. So you need to be able to make the prediction to have any success. My general rule is if they're inside he 5, total run stopper out of the goal line formation, with 3 or 4 guys playing zone in the end zone. My personal favorite is Jam Middle... Plays that look a lot like it would probably work well too, your choice. I advise not calling any plays that stop a run great but have no safety net(the zones), because the routes it makes sense to call are the ones that torch man to man easily.
Outside the 5 I like to call my plays out of the 4-6 because it's way too easy or the other guy to pass, 4-6 gives you still great run coverage but better pass coverage...
Anything more than a few yards outside the ten just stick to the plays you'd normally call.

Late in Games
When it's late in the game, the goal line stand is a whole different story. Most of the time you need the stop to win and it'll come right down to the last play of the game. Most people will do it differently. They'll be more pass oriented because they can't really run the ball and still manage the clock, which means you've got to do it differently too. Remember that rule I told you about earlier? Move it from the 5 to the 2.
If it's a situation where this is his last drive of the game and he has to score, stick to all out pass coverage outside the 5. I'm talking playing the same defense you would on the 50, because he'll be passing. But you can't just totally let him have the line of scrimmage either. Fill all the gaps. For example; my play would be cover 3 out of the nickel 3-3-5. I'd press Y-Left, this brings the linebackers up, then with my noseguard I'd take one step to the left(after he's set). All the gaps are no filled so if he does run I'm close enough to hold him.
So now you'll be good, you just expected the unexpected...

In for the kill.
So what better way to cap off your goal line stand then a sack that puts him all the way back behind the 15? It pretty much seals the game... 3rd down is your time to shine then. I'm sure you know at least one play that gets instant pressure and if you don't just call a zone blitz you like. By all means get the sack. Only do it behind the 5 though because well, those plays are designed to not be used right up on the goal line and you'll give up the touchdown. Just make sure you've got enough time to do any hot routes you want, or just practive the hot routes over and over in the lab, my play has got 4 hot routes, 5 depending where the 3rd reciever is, and I can do it in about 2 seconds.

Final Notes
- Use you instinct, but expect the unexpected.

- If a field goal ties it, don't do a field goal block, because there's a good chance they fake and you lose.

- Only go for the sack on 3rd down

Have fun making goal line stops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-11-29, 19:05

The easiest way is to pick the cover 2 goaline and just crash the line.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
iCky Sticks
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-11-29, 19:11

i like to run RZstop with the outside lbs in purple zone for when they inside the 10
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-11-29, 21:30

I am actually quite good at goalline stops if I can predict weather they are running or passing.

Running middle- Jam middle, run commit.

Outside run or potential for everything- that cover 2 play in goal line (Forget name) contain ends control MLB and Read N react.

Definite pass - same play as above, Contain ends, drop 8 men into coverage (2 linemen) , pass commit.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-11-30, 00:09

i can stop it with any goalline play unless they play gun direct snap. i cant stop it.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
gusto1397
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-12-29, 02:34

why are some teams online moving faster than the teams i play with? Its like they're punt / kick returns running game and pasing is much fatser than my defense is moving...
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-12-29, 02:36

Some teams just have more speed guys...

Like I use the eagles and the falcons, and when I intercept it with Philly it's way more fun to return it because their D-Backs are all a lot faster...
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-12-29, 03:58

i can stop them too in my red zone but if it is hb direct snap well then lets say something differnt 8)
Back to top Go down
Joronomo707
New MS Member
New MS Member
Joronomo707

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-12-29, 04:12

So if you run 4-6 defense it will shut down the run in goal line
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-12-29, 04:14

Joronomo707 wrote:
So if you run 4-6 defense it will shut down the run in goal line

Only do it behind the 5 though...
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-12-29, 21:06

If they at 1 or 2 yard line with 1 wr or less then go to punt block zone.
Blitz the LB. bring ur KR down and run commit and then you can take ur KR back and defend but it wont matter because runner or QB will get hit immediately.
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-12-29, 21:13

or u can hit stick and force fumble or just get lucky

the secret to goaline stands is u get lucky
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-12-30, 17:14

Listen.
This is the best way to stop a QB sneak.
Use the play Punt Block Zone in Special Teams.
Control your KR.
Make your LB Blitz.
Bring your KR down near the center(Doesn't matter but helps)
Then Run commit down.
It will stop 100%.
If he does PA or toss or fake he will get sacked b4 anything.
If he passes mostly likely there will be a defender bcz there are stil like 3 or 4 in converage.
Trust me this works all the time.
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2008-12-30, 17:14

this is the 3rd place you have posted this play.
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty2009-01-30, 22:24

yea ive gotten lucky so much on goal line stands its ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a goal line stop.   How to make a goal line stop. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make a goal line stop.
Page 1 of 1