Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings

Go down 
+14
Fresh
godfather12404
jwhite
EAGLE_hENz
Mcnair2Wycheck
co_jayhood614
pkismyname
moss81
PapaSmurf
bigbuddah
rockywrist989
D_Cash
nawfside512
Militant X 1
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2008-11-22, 13:46

hey fellas! i want your take on this. okay...so we all know by now that i love to run the Ravens online...lol! but....i use Flacco most of the time because of his height and he has a killer arm. Smith is alot smaller....but....he is one of the fastest QBs in the game with 81 speed. the problem? he is extremely inaccurate. what is the best way for me to use him in the game to make the Ravens offense more potent?
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2008-11-22, 13:51

I would say use the short game and don't force anything. (Crosses, slants, curls) Also use alot of pa's.... Played a guy who used Smith and man he had em on lock with all that. He mixed it up well
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2008-11-22, 15:02

yaaa exactly...do slants curls and crosses and since he is already inaccurate dont try anything on the run...i have the same problem when i start tavaris for minnesota
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-27, 13:24

try to scramble with him as much as you can
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-27, 14:36

this is hard to say...my homeboi uses tennessee and he has vince throwing post routes fades i mean the whole 9. i dont that smith is anymore accurate than vince young is but if i were u i would do wat other ppl have said and stick with the short game unless u kno how to user catch real good for RC's and stuff. u can play the pussy way and scramble around with em till someone come clear of any coverage so the throw doesnt have to be on the money also i dont recommend it but hey it works for some ppl i guess. your only means of stretching the field would be wit figurs in the slot streak to exploit the cover 3 since they obviously have mason and craytons speed severaly underrated.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-27, 16:35

u just cnt take chances with smith, jus keep it simple n mix it up, then u would succeed
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-27, 19:00

in my opinion i would use smith on short downs like 3rd and 1 cuz if he can scramble u can take it and then use flacco on longer downs. just my opinion though
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-27, 20:42

Always throw with a set feet.
If you throw while moving you better user catch it or watch the ball fly over your head.
Back to top Go down
co_jayhood614
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-28, 01:04

go shotgun pinch o line kill em wit heap 5-10 yard outs curls every blue moon fade high bullet
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-28, 01:27

I just wouldn't use him. too much can go wrong.
Back to top Go down
EAGLE_hENz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
EAGLE_hENz

Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-28, 03:03

ima scrambler and i hav come to realise that vince youngs accuracy can be a very much weakness for the titans that crucial throw for 1st and most of the time i get fuked over lol so id say wat the other guys hav alredy posted short game is good wit smith and flacco for long
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-28, 03:22

Use Flacco. Smith is fast but not fast enough to improve your offense. With flacco and figurs you always have that deep pass potential. If smith had VY speed then it would be a different story but 81 speed isn't going to do enough damage to make up for the passing game your losing..
Back to top Go down
godfather12404
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-28, 05:40

i use the titans and ravens online all the time, and i do pretty well with young and smith. i think the best thing to remember with speedy qbs, is too make sure you always plant your feet when throwing. at first i didnt do so hot with either of them, but after playing a few games i started to get their throws down. and like someone already stated, the short passing game is key. i like to run the sea pb with them. but im a run first player.
Back to top Go down
Fresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Fresh

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-28, 06:38

I use the Titans and I can throw good with Vy but i always start with short passes to get a lil rhythm
Back to top Go down
grandnubian
New MS Member
New MS Member
grandnubian

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-28, 09:08

I play with the Steelers and I use (sneak)Dennis Dixon (85 Spd) in a few different packages to keep my opponent "off-balance". I'll use him in the Shotgun formation, send all my WRs deep and run him to the outside for about 10-15 yds. I may also run him on a QB sneak up the middle if the defense is playing off and it's only a 3-man rush.

I may also use him to make quick passes over the middle, in the flats, etc. but nothing deep. I also use him whenever I want to run a QB sneak in short yardage situations/goaline.
Back to top Go down
S0UND_THE_CHARGE
New MS Member
New MS Member
S0UND_THE_CHARGE

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-28, 21:58

if i were you id use smith...once the pocket breaks..leave it and send your hb on a quick slant to the left or right (whichever way you fade out) than try to draw the linebacker covering him forward if it dont work run for it...your hb so be able to do somewhat of a block..i do it all the time with philip rivers slow ass so i know troy smith can work wonders with it.
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-29, 16:11

at the beginning of the season

i think Donovan McNabb was one of those guys

he could really throw the ball long

but now hes a beast in the game with all the updates
Back to top Go down
ready ready
New MS Member
New MS Member
ready ready

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty2009-01-29, 16:43

always role 2 the side u want 2 throw 2. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings   Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings Empty

Back to top Go down

Using Speedy QBs with Poor Passer Ratings
Page 1 of 1