Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

EA ratings?

Go down 
+9
xSnitcheSx
so much swag
teletope
finsfan85
carlo874
C_Money7
Ketcham While They're Hot
MistaFaded
Funkymotha
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Funkymotha
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-09-08

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 12:28

How does EA determine the team and player rankings? The Pats are the best team in the game and they didn't even come close to the playoffs last year! The same goes for the Chargers, their an 88!? These teams better justify these ratings this year cause this seems like a big EA miss.
Back to top Go down
MistaFaded
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
MistaFaded

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-08-24

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 12:35

Pats didn't come close the the playoffs wat u talkin about they were 10 and 6 they didn't make it cause they needed 2 win there divison 2 get in
Back to top Go down
Funkymotha
New MS Member
New MS Member

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 12:42

Um yeah that's called 3rd place... So once again not even close
Back to top Go down
MistaFaded
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
MistaFaded

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 12:48

Yea 10 and 6 ain't close at all yea ok
Back to top Go down
Funkymotha
New MS Member
New MS Member

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 13:39

Um u keep saying that but what does that mean? Cause they beat the Chiefs last year they should be the best team in the game? Look at the other teams records and who they played before you reply again.
Back to top Go down
MistaFaded
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
MistaFaded

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 13:49

Pats been good 4 awhile chargers a lot peeps got them goin 2 the super bowl why u trippin
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 13:57

Chargers simply have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL on both sides of the ball. As long as they play to their potential, which is all EA has to go off because games haven't been played yet, then they deserve their rating. If they don't own up to it, I'm sure EA will adjust it.

With the Patriots, they definitely deserve the rating they got. It is not just based off last year's standings. Otherwise, the Broncos would only be a few points below the Chargers, considering the fact they had the same regular season record. Plus, did you suddenly forget that the Patriots played all of last season without the best QB in the league, Tom Brady? With him back at the helm this year, that would be enough to make them the best team in the game.
Back to top Go down
C_Money7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-19

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 14:17

lol the patriots were 11-5 last year. I hate the patriots but they still a damn good team. really good front 7 and amazing o i think they deserve there rating.
Back to top Go down
carlo874
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-30

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 14:22

its not how good the record is its how good the players are and they are averaged to make the team rating... and if the lions beat the patriots do u think the patriots overall would go down to like a 70? hell no, i hate the patriots but u gotta admit they have a lot of great players on offense. so until tom brady, moss, welker, and their good line is gone the patriots will always be a top rated team regardless of record
Back to top Go down
finsfan85
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-18

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 14:53

the pats o line is far from good. their qb was one of the most sacked last year. it cost brady the season and who knows how matt cassell survived. i don't see brady lasting past week 5 this year.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 15:05

finsfan85 wrote:
the pats o line is far from good. their qb was one of the most sacked last year. it cost brady the season and who knows how matt cassell survived. i don't see brady lasting past week 5 this year.

You are a Dolphins fan. Therefore, your point in this discussion is moot. No more homers please.
Back to top Go down
finsfan85
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-18

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 15:18

is my opinion swayed by me being a dolphins fan? yes. but matt cassell being the most sacked quarterback last year at 47 sacks taken is a FACT.
Back to top Go down
Funkymotha
New MS Member
New MS Member

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 20:04

Yeah I'm not saying the Pats r not a good team. That goes without question and as of right now they are the best team ON PAPER and so were the Chargers. Everyone said the Cowboys were def going all the way last year cause they had a good team on paper, but they didn't cause team chemistry and coaching staff have just as big as an impact on how a team will preform. And what I was talking about with the Chiefs was the Pats sched, it wasn't that tough.
Plus your gonna sit there and say Tom Baby alone pushes them to #1. Please Baby's career has peaked. He'll do good this year but he's not gonna put up record numbers. Face it the dynasty days are over for now.
I could agree with the team ratings if THEY got updated. I could be wrong, but from what I remember only the player stats are updated. So if they don't get updated and to have the Pats stay #1 through the year is bs.
Back to top Go down
teletope
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-14

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 21:01

Why dont the Bears ever get any love? Were gonna win at least 11 games this year, all the receivers are gonna look good because of our much upgraded O-line and Jay Cutler.

Only questionable area this year is our secondary... which is dependant on how much of a pass rush our defensive line can sustain.

Cowboys and Chargers are probably the most overrated teams this year... what did the chargers do except get Merriman back? They sucked last year, regardless of "talent". Cowboys... please, without TO theres nothing special about them that makes them worthy of a rating over 80 at most.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 21:11

cowboy's should rank higher than they are .....everybody's a cowboy fan....lololololol..were the best team on here...the running game ...the def...man please..holla at cha boy .....swag out ......1. EA ratings? 13645
Back to top Go down
xSnitcheSx
New MS Member
New MS Member

Registration date : 2009-05-16

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 21:23

haha tht bears guy is a joke, the only question is the secondary? ur receivers suck
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 21:31

first off teletope the bears do hve questions at secondary n wr's r unproven but i fell will have a solid yr. n the chargers arent overated they hve a healthy tomilinson n gates they were injured last season merriman is back they also have larry english who is nice. n cromartie is healthy also. chargers wll be solid but health always is they key to any successful team. as for the lions fan u shouldnt be talking bout any part of any team. 0-16 will be remebred 4ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
teletope
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-14

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 21:32

so much swag wrote:
cowboy's should rank higher than they are .....everybody's a cowboy fan....lololololol..were the best team on here...the running game ...the def...man please..holla at cha boy .....swag out ......1. EA ratings? 13645

They got good RBs, 1 good WR and demarcus ware/ hamilton... they wont win more than 8 games. Offensive line sucks and Romo is too inconsistant.

xSnitcheSx wrote:
haha tht bears guy is a joke, the only question is the secondary? ur receivers suck

The receivers do suck, but they will be much improved this year and actually make some plays... Why are you talking s***? youre team hasnt won a game in years lol.
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 21:40

i think ea is right on.look at the last ranking for the chargers n the cowboys...the coaches suck which is true.last time n.e put this team on the field with tom brady they were 18-1.right on there as well.and last but not least...ea does roster updates every few weeks so by quarter season they will have a better idea.
Back to top Go down
ranthru
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-20

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 22:00

first of all, cowboys are always overrated in madden, that ian cummings guy thinks he's tony romo, u've seen the video clips. . . . it's sad.

in all honesty though, the problem with ea is that they put out a game to coincide with the beginning of the season and they are not football analysts. . . they are computer programmers who prove for as much as they know, there are alot of things they don't know. in all fairness though, who can know when someone's going to have a break out year, or someone is going to lay down and die first week of the season? it's unpredictable.

what i think they should do though, and it's something i think they don't do enough of is update more players when they do their updates. if a guy isn't makin bad plays they leave their rating alone. . . i feel, if a guy isn't makin any plays, he should be adjusted. . . . yup, that would be very time consuming, but that's how to make the game much more realistic. . . . oh, and they should have weight and strength more in consideration during tackles. . . too many broken by half hearted players and they should change the passing mechanics to enable players to have a wider range of passing arcs. . . . too many low passes picked by subpar linebackers still plaguing the game this year.

just my opinion. . . .
Back to top Go down
thmpsnjsn
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-20

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 22:04

Ketcham While They're Hot wrote:
Chargers simply have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL on both sides of the ball. As long as they play to their potential, which is all EA has to go off because games haven't been played yet, then they deserve their rating. If they don't own up to it, I'm sure EA will adjust it.

With the Patriots, they definitely deserve the rating they got. It is not just based off last year's standings. Otherwise, the Broncos would only be a few points below the Chargers, considering the fact they had the same regular season record. Plus, did you suddenly forget that the Patriots played all of last season without the best QB in the league, Tom Brady? With him back at the helm this year, that would be enough to make them the best team in the game.

Ummmm; I think you mean the second best QB in the game, because we all know Peyton is THE beeeeznneeez.
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty2009-09-08, 22:16

thmpsnjsn wrote:
Ketcham While They're Hot wrote:

Ummmm; I think you mean the second best QB in the game, because we all know Peyton is THE beeeeznneeez.

And yet another homer. Go away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EA ratings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: EA ratings?   EA ratings? Empty

Back to top Go down

EA ratings?
Page 1 of 1