Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty
PostSubject: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2008-11-06, 21:00

So these are just some tips on making it really hard for the offensive player to read your D.

Manually move the D-Line off the line of scrimmage - You see teams like the Steelers and Bears do this in the pros, because aside from the fact of how weird it looks, it creates a lot more movement in the play. Also I noticed that sometimes if you stall for that extra second the blocker just kinda lets him by, and taking that step back stalls enough. But yeah, there's lots of benefits for doing this.

When call zones... Make sure they're not all just staying home, for example, a play where the Strong safety goes and covers the flat near the line and then the OLB will cover where the SS was is what I mean. I'll add in the sames of some plays like this once my xbox comes back... But yeah this makes more movement in the coverage, makes it harder to scan the field and it increases your chance of defending the pass because a lot of times the opponent won't notice a certain player flying across the field.

Again, when you call zones... Call the ones with a linebacker or two right up on the line, it gets to the offensive play, and makes him think twice before he runs the play because it looks like a blits. Plus a lot of times if they're running to that side and you show heavy blitz, they'll audible from a run to a pass, playing right into your hands. Then if they stick with the run you've still got a decent chance of stopping it because they're in better position... Not to mention, it adds movement to the play.

Those Man/Zone plays work great - I don't reccomend a lot of them, but if the offense runs lots of screens and short passes you'll be dominating, because the Man part will bust up any attempt at a screen or flat route and the zones just prevent a huge play.

Show blitz a lot - Coverage audible -> show blitz. Kinda self explanatory.

Find the basic plays that you won't go wrong with... Call these
plays on the very first drive, you might not do great because it's
really conservative playcalling, but it helps because you see what his
offense is made of. Then you can call a lot more aggressive plays to
run because you've got an idea what's up.

MAKE SURE YOUR AUDIBLES ARE SET! Have 1 zone blitz, a run stopper, deep pass defense and a normal pass defense. Be ready for anything with them.

Last edited by Fudopi on 2008-11-06, 21:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
eddy102293
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eddy102293

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-07-13

How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2008-11-06, 21:04

I like to have PR as my last audible as I always come out looking for the punt block, if the player is too lazy to go in to max protection i go ahead with my plan, but if he comes out already prepared for my punt block, i audible into a normal PR
Back to top Go down
http://wiimml.forumotion.com/index.htm
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2008-11-06, 21:09

i like em i like em

one thing, what do you mean by dropping your dline back? you mean just the player your using? like before the snap just move off the line, or right as the snap?
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2008-11-06, 21:18

eddy102293 wrote:
I like to have PR as my last audible as I always come out looking for the punt block, if the player is too lazy to go in to max protection i go ahead with my plan, but if he comes out already prepared for my punt block, i audible into a normal PR

does punt block actually work?
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2008-11-06, 21:21

ive never seen punt block work unless the kicker is backed into his own endzone or u user the cadence and get a jump so good youre practically offsides.
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2008-11-06, 21:24

ok i was about to say no one does max protect i am gonna go get 50 blocks
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2008-11-06, 22:14

EggzOverEazy420 wrote:
i like em i like em

one thing, what do you mean by dropping your dline back? you mean just the player your using? like before the snap just move off the line, or right as the snap?

Move like 2 or three of them, and pre-snap.

Like how the steelers do it in real life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
eddy102293
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eddy102293

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2008-11-06, 22:18

we'll...it works on wii lol
Back to top Go down
http://wiimml.forumotion.com/index.htm
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2008-11-06, 22:38

it works on 360 too...
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty2009-01-30, 22:38

yea that show blitzing thing helps a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.   How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to confuse the s*** out of your opponent, with some other tips towards the end.
Page 1 of 1