Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to hand off on jet sweep ps3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordan135
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-22

How to hand off on jet sweep ps3 Empty
PostSubject: How to hand off on jet sweep ps3   How to hand off on jet sweep ps3 Empty2010-05-22, 13:21

New to madden and can't consistently hand off on the jet sweep using Miami or Dallas.

Also my back studder steps and delays after catching the ball. What am I doing wrong?? This is ps3.

Also not really faamiliar with the benefits of slide protection on both running amd passing plays.

Thanks a lot!!!!
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: How to hand off on jet sweep ps3   How to hand off on jet sweep ps3 Empty2010-05-22, 13:33

Jet Sweep out of Wildcat? If so they patched this play because of all the abuse it was getting this year. It is now very hard to run and generally useless. Some of the bigger backs a la Marion Barber have a little bit of a stutter to them and when they get the hand off arent really great on sweep plays. I would go with a faster back and see if that helps. As for slide protection, it can do wonders. I like to slide protect to the opposite side im running to which usually creates a nice lane to run through. Or if someone likes to blitz and is getting u in the backfield, pinch your line. Pinching the line can give you the extra second you need to hand the ball off.
Back to top Go down
Jordan135
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: How to hand off on jet sweep ps3   How to hand off on jet sweep ps3 Empty2010-05-22, 14:01

Apreciate it. What does the aggressive slid protection do??

And on the jet sweep it lets me hand off once in a while, but usually won't and
then my back delays with that studder step. I also seem to studder on a wr screen. I'm either pushing up on the left analog to quick or not sure.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: How to hand off on jet sweep ps3   How to hand off on jet sweep ps3 Empty2010-05-22, 14:38

Agressive slide protection pretty much spreads your blockers outward. It really opens up your gaps for the defense to blitz through but can slow down the pressure off the edge. I never use this when running but mix it in when Im in shotgun and dont read blitz. As for the wr screen problem, that could be a couple things. Either you have a slower/less agile reciever or you could be hitting speed burst too soon. Try catching the ball, finding the best whole, then running up field with speed burst.
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: How to hand off on jet sweep ps3   How to hand off on jet sweep ps3 Empty2010-05-22, 16:10

Try flipping the play after you get to the line of scrimmage, should eliminate the problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to hand off on jet sweep ps3   How to hand off on jet sweep ps3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to hand off on jet sweep ps3
Page 1 of 1