Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Too easy to throw to FB?

Go down 
+2
hacush
monsieurginger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
monsieurginger
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Too easy to throw to FB? Empty
PostSubject: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-06, 09:04

I'm a first time poster, long time reader of the forums. So now to the topic, am I the only one who finds it ridiculously easy to throw to the FB? For clarification, I play offline franchise on all-madden exclusively, 11 min quarters with accel. clock.

There are a lot of plays out there for FB runnings to the flats and they never drop the ball unless the defender is right on him. My favorite is the mesh play out of I-Pro or what ever it's called. The WR on the right motions towards the TE, and at the hike the TE goes deep and the two WRs "mesh" across the center. The RB goes left and the FB goes wide right. There are different variants of this play sometimes for the same formation.

9 out of 10 times, the FB is not covered either because the LB covering him is too slow or got stuck somehow by the WR. The FB ends up getting 10+ yards for a first down. The FB ends up getting a s*** load of catches. It doesn't even matter what the FBs catch rating is, the FB just needs to be relatively fast, maybe 75+ speed. I like to use Weaver (Eagles) or McClain (Ravens). But I also have Tamme as a backup. There are plenty of TEs that can fill this role as well in the FB position.

If the FB is covered, I usually have enough time to throw to my speedy WRs that have made it to the opposite side of the field to which they started. Most of the time they have a lot of space between them and the defender covering unless it is a good LB in zone.
Back to top Go down
hacush
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-06, 10:02

Actually its the running backs in general, cover 2 bump and run and cover 2 sink locks that up, also go with ends contain defenses. Unfortunatly youll get no pressure unless you do it yourself or have nice ends. Thats a issue I have with this game is that no one covers backs out of the backfield on this game unles you call plays to cover them. like a back will run right by a linebacker and the linebacker wont check him.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-06, 10:04

i dont find it too hard to defend? ill have to look more into it.
Back to top Go down
monsieurginger
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-06, 11:08

I'm talking about when you play against the CPU on all-madden. I guess that it is mainly an AI problem, the AI doesn't adapt or "learn" from the human play calling.

Does anyone know what logic is behind CPU play calling? Is it random?

Another problem is that the FBs are too good in catching. I always bullet pass to my FB and he's fast enough to get around the corner from a defending LBs and even safeties. In a real game, QBs usually have to lob pass it to the backs. I've seen Weaver catch like a WR once in an actual game but that's just him and not all that often.
Back to top Go down
hacush
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-06, 11:11

I agree, they dont drop passes, traditionally fullbacks are usually tight ends that are too short so they usually have good hands. Madden does compisate by them fumbeling a lot when you go low in the open field.
Back to top Go down
bp_brien
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-10, 12:57

i think it is because the cpu calls man coverage a fair bit and that will mean that your FB will often be open,i have never found it to be that good at adapting to the users gameplay
Back to top Go down
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-10, 13:35

but u also have to worry about the FB fumbling the ball or getting stripped
Back to top Go down
monsieurginger
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-10, 13:49

Not really, I guess it depends on his carry rating but my guy usually just runs over the DBs.
Back to top Go down
IBLEEDGREEN32117
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IBLEEDGREEN32117

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-10, 14:27

In my opinion Leonard Weaver is the best all around FB in the NFL!!
Back to top Go down
Opiate462
New MS Member
New MS Member
Opiate462

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty2010-04-11, 00:02

I know what your saying man, even online ranked, one of my money plays is throwing it to McClain as he hits the flat. Usually on a play similar to "F angle" where the set up looks like a run. The send the blitz and he is off for a major gain, usually breaking tackles bc he has got to be the best FB in the game. However if they send a CB blitz u can get fucked, once in a great while they will pick it off, and its a garunteed pick 6. Actually the way i run my O is when it comes to passing, ill send my WR n TE on routes to tie up the DB's n use my RB's as recievers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too easy to throw to FB?   Too easy to throw to FB? Empty

Back to top Go down

Too easy to throw to FB?
Page 1 of 1