Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ArthurTheAlbino
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4? Empty
PostSubject: Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4?   Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4? Empty2010-04-05, 11:06

Hi all, hopefully I can make some sense in this question.

Lately I've been running The Ten 4-4 with the Jets, mainly man blitzes and cover 2 invert. I've been running into opponents who are absolutely tearing me up with Philly's I-form. More specifically my opponent last night only ran 3 plays:
Slip Screen
Curls (always to the TE)
Texas

With the occasional Iso or blast mixed in for a 3 yd avg. And he was running a hurry up 50% of the time with these 3 in his audibles

When I figured out what he was doing with the slip screen, I started dragging my DE over, and stuffing the screen for either a loss or a 1 yd gain. I just simply could NOT cover the TE on the curl route. He would routinely get 6-8 yds every time. C2 invert was useless at this point. When I started to minimize the damage on the TE curl, he would mix in the quick out to the HB on the texas route...again for 6-8 yds every play.

It just seems that by not knowing what was coming, If I guessed wrong preplay what he was running, trying to minimize one route, left either the TE or HB wide open on another.

Basically my question would be, assuming my opponent is only running these 3 plays and running hurry up offense, what should I be running in the 4-4, and what preplay changes should I make that wouldn't wind up leaving either the TE wide open on the curl, or being unable to defend the screen?? Is there a way to basically cover both not knowing what he's running? Should I abandon the 4-4 entirely?

Thanks. any suggestions are helpful
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4?   Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4? Empty2010-04-05, 11:39

If you can, contain to the side the screen goes to everytime, because sometimes it can pick off the Texas route and stop the screen. For the TE curl, re-route the LB to do a hook zone and move him down so he plays it closer to the LOS.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4?   Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4? Empty2010-04-05, 16:40

What CJ. said plus you can cover the TE,your self to stop all that.
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4?   Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4? Empty2010-04-05, 17:37

Man bump or hook zone against the TE, send A-Gap pressure, and Contain the end. User a player like a FS or an OLB and sit between the TE and the HB so you can minimize the yards after catch if he does get a throw off. It should be pretty obvious immediately what route the HB is running, so pick up on that and move your user guy accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4?   Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4? Empty

Back to top Go down

Containing I-form screen / TE curl combo with the Ten 4-4?
Page 1 of 1