Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Curl Defense

Go down 
+6
NYGPost212
beeman999
SteelCityBoi
CJDAWGG14
SdGator
DABEAST7194
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DABEAST7194
New MS Member
New MS Member
DABEAST7194

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 20:46

I just joined MS so as a welcome to the community i thought i'd share my 3rd down curl defense. for all you good ballers our there. You know what people go to for that clutch 1st downl...the dreaded curl. So, come out in

Quarter Normal : Cover 2 Sink
setup:
1. shift line left
2. Press coverage

explanation: all four curls are covered. and you get decent heat so the opponent cant waste time in the pocket

Now if you wanna get fancy with it
1. Press coverage
2. Shift line left
3. Reblitz all 3d-lineman
4. And bring your nickelback about 1 yd off DE and turbo blitz him off the edge.
You should get around the edge in about 1 1/2 second. (Depending on your nickelback)

For those of you members that dont know what turbo blitzing is? It's when you jump the snap count manually while holding turbo before the play is hiked. To do this press "B" "RT" and Hold down on the left analog. Then after you do those buttons in sequence, let go of RT and B(Keep holding on Left analog.)

It'd be much easier to explain if it was in a video so i'll try to hook up with Crunk, show him, and let him post it as a weekly tip.

~Peace
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 21:04

nice def a good D if u know for sure he is gonna run curls. guess it also depends on if he catches on to what ur callin cuz u can be this D deep, especially over the middle deep past the MLB yellow zone. But most the time guys just run everyone in curls when they are doing this and rarely guys goin anywhere else. Nice post bro
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 21:27

nice post man. I thought u wanted to know how to stop the curls, and was gunna give u the dollar C2 sink.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
SteelCityBoi
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 21:39

i have a fade route everyplay and it will be wide open for like 20 yards lmao the best defense aganist the curls is called HITSTICK
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 21:44

SteelCityBoi wrote:
i have a fade route everyplay and it will be wide open for like 20 yards lmao the best defense aganist the curls is called HITSTICK
ayo, but wne the fade route gets pressed, he doesn't hit the sideline like you want. He pretty much runs a str8 route, with a slight cut at the beginning, so ur guy will run into the safety playing deep, so trying to rc will lead to a swat or pick.

Hitsticking only works about a fourth of the time. all the other time, the guy breaks the tackle, and goes for at least 20.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 21:48

this is a nice post. if u want a fade covered by cover 2. hit triangle then right stick up. this leaves middle wide open so you should take a fast lb or db and watch that. easy picks if the players wanna test ur stick
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 21:52

middle deep is the biggest weakspot in this D IMO, i dunno im not an expert but u can tell if it will work by how ur opp is playing. I know some guys that just go to ALL Curls for the first down everytime. This is a nice play to stop that. Just saying if he is smart he will have someone over the middle deep to beat this d. But again just depends on how smart he is. Some guys will just try to hit that curl cuz they dont know how to do anything else when it comes to 3rd or 4th down.

u might get lucky with a hit stick here and there but u will get more stops with this d just on the curls alone. IMO
Back to top Go down
DABEAST7194
New MS Member
New MS Member
DABEAST7194

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 22:33

[TFH] SdGator wrote:
middle deep is the biggest weakspot in this D IMO, i dunno im not an expert but u can tell if it will work by how ur opp is playing. I know some guys that just go to ALL Curls for the first down everytime. This is a nice play to stop that. Just saying if he is smart he will have someone over the middle deep to beat this d. But again just depends on how smart he is. Some guys will just try to hit that curl cuz they dont know how to do anything else when it comes to 3rd or 4th down.

u might get lucky with a hit stick here and there but u will get more stops with this d just on the curls alone. IMO
if im abl to hook up w/crunk you'l,l see in the video that they have no time to throw.you'll see. If you play fools on Gamersal00n then you'll see theyrun alot of this and twintight end. i got dotted by some dude in a 15 dollar game so it made me want to make a D..for four wide all curls
Back to top Go down
NYGPost212
New MS Member
New MS Member
NYGPost212

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 23:19

good d good post my friend
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-22, 23:27

if the ycan rc the curls this s*** is almost impossible to stop u need to get some tall guy to cover the inside recivers. i like to run man press if it is only curls. outta 46. then bring a safety from a deep zone and hope to hitstick or super swat. i also play for money. and they love to run curl rc. lbs work well as the tall dbs but then they all gotta be doing curls or else they are burnt
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-23, 01:54

i got ya i wasnt thinking about the turbo blitzing corner, makes sense would be hard to get enough time to get someone deep over the middle route takes too long.
Back to top Go down
KidProDiiGy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
KidProDiiGy

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-23, 02:37

Wats up brian its Gee aka Kaliikyd760
Back to top Go down
DABEAST7194
New MS Member
New MS Member
DABEAST7194

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-23, 17:39

KidProDiiGy wrote:
Wats up brian its Gee aka Kaliikyd760
i know who the fvck it is,lol u the reason i joined MS cause it was people i actually knew
Back to top Go down
Ace2k7
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Ace2k7

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-26, 19:24

good post man cause every time i have someone stopped on offense they always pull out some bulls**t curl and get a easy first down...
Back to top Go down
DABEAST7194
New MS Member
New MS Member
DABEAST7194

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-04-28, 16:39

Ace2k7 wrote:
good post man cause every time i have someone stopped on offense they always pull out some bulls**t curl and get a easy first down...

that was my full intentions of this post. glad i could help.
Back to top Go down
blackguy474
New MS Member
New MS Member
blackguy474

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-05-20, 20:12

yes this helps out alot....
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty2009-05-20, 21:04

CJDAWGG14 wrote:
nice post man. I thought u wanted to know how to stop the curls, and was gunna give u the dollar C2 sink.

i agree! that is what i was thinking partner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Curl Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curl Defense   Curl Defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Curl Defense
Page 1 of 1