Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-03-08

First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty
PostSubject: First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future   First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty2010-04-04, 23:31

Look I am a die hard Eagle fan and I even admit now that I thought about that it was time for a change and just listen to me for a second. All three qb's are in there final year what if Mcnabb did play this season and he had a season ending injury ok. What if after this season coming up Kolb says ok I don't want to play for Philly I never got a chance what do you do? Because you wasted all this money on Mcnabb and he had a injury Kolb decides to leave where do you go from there? It's sad to say the Nfl is a cruel buisness but it is. They did the smartest buisness decision because they dumped Mcnabb's salary and ensured the future for this franchise, and most likely in these next weeks will sign Kolb to a extension. Plus they got draft picks for him.

Which leads me to my next point. The Eagles are smart when it comes to the draft they have 12 picks and they are very famous on draft day for moving up and trading picks for getting players or trading for future picks. I think Michael Vick will have a expanded role in the offense I think it will be more balanced playbook with Bell and Mccoy. Im very interesting to see what Kolb brings to the table because that's the beauty we don't know what he is capable of and if he leads us to a superbowl then this will be a very good move.

Regarding Mcnabb he may have been booed a lot but Eagle fans please show him love and respect he is a perfect leader and role model for how a quarterback should be he never ran his mouth and he didn't blame other people for his mistakes. Yes he may not of won us a superbowl but he did win us a lot of games which is still a impressive accomplishment. It's makes me very sad Mcnabb will not retire as a Eagle but it happens to the best Favre Bledsoe and Montana. He showed tremendous courage and perserverance see the game he had a sprainend ankle and threw 4 td's. I truely wish Donovan a wonderful career I hope his number is retired as a Eagle for he was a very great player and person for this organization but now it's Kolb's turn and im excited and ready for a fresh beginning and a turn of a page for someone else to lead us to our first superbowl win. GOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future   First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty2010-04-05, 00:57

Well, I am not going to rip you apart. Actually you made a lot of good points in the first paragraph. Not to mention after everything that happened, no way in hell McNabb wanted to come back and play for Philadelphia. Secondly, I do not like the fact that he was traded to the Redskins (Not that I am worried about him being more successful or actually winning there) I really just don't like McNabb at all, and now I am still forced to see him twice a year. (I guess it's better than 16 times) As you know I am a very big Kolb supporter. Personally I think Kolb is going to have a great season (Do I think Superbowl.. not his first year, I am looking more at .500 season) I am ok with that for his first year. I don't think the Redskins will be a .500 team. Honestly look at the players that have gone to the Redskins, their careers die. I am not worried about "Next year" I am more concerned about 2011, 2012, and 2013. Those are the years that are going to matter.

As for the Eagles organization, I feel that they should have shipped McNabb to Oakland for Namdi. I think that would have been the best trade they could have gotten. Now all that is going to happen is when McNabb comes to Philly it's going to complete chaos. (I am going to that game) If McNabb beats us next year hey great for him, but like I said he can beat us but he still won't win a Superbowl. Especially not in Washington. I really feel that Kolb is a better fit for this offense. Mainly because he is younger and he will be able to gel with Jackson, Mccoy, Maclin, and Celek. Also he is a more accurate passer than McNabb. (Short passes, Medium Passes) sure we may not see the deep ball as much to Desean, but now were going to see those medium passes where Desean can his come open field and turn on the burners. I see Mccoy being a huge factor and Andy I feel is going to run the ball a lot more especially now that we have Mike Bell. I am excited to see the way the season turns out.

As for what I think about McNabb. You know I have never liked the guy since the day we drafted him. No offense to anyone on this site, but it's pretty much a proven fact that a black quarterback does not win Superbowls. (No I am not turning this into a race thing but lets face it guys it's true.) McNabb won us a lot of games, he did when he needed to do with not a lot of talent around him (well in the WR position anyway) he had everything else. Though, he is not an Eagle anymore. So this is all I have to say to Donovan. rude LATER DONOVAN! You couldn't do it here.. now you have to face the team that you fucked in the playoffs for 11 years! Everytime you got us there you failed us! Now guess what.. when you see that Eagles green lining up.. you better be wearing dark pants cause your going to s*** yourself when you see that blitz coming at you! Get fucked McNabb..
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future   First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty2010-04-05, 01:28

and if kolb is a bust what then? are you gonna finally realize he IS the best QB to ever play for the eagles up until now? i mean you make it so personal when it doenst need to be you put so much confindence in kolb when he hasnt even begun to do the things mcnabb did, what has kolb done to prove he can be the QB in philly? what has he done? you talk like what mcnabb does is easy or any QB for that matter, you cant talk about how mcnabb is garbage when youve never been a QB in the NFL, how many other QB's do you know that would finish a game on a broken ankle in those conditions? i mean the heart and determination he shows defines the city but what do they do? boo him and hate on him its rediculous! i mean there is no reason to attack mcnabb personally what has he ever done to deserve it? your upset cuz the eagles lose in the playoffs well guess what! its a TEAM sport! the EAGLES lost those games not mcnabb, but i dont see you hatin on the rest of the team? just mcnabb? why? you really think the eagles are better off? maybe we miss the playoffs a few times and you see the value of mcnabb i do recognize that he and the TEAM couldnt ever get it all the way done but thats no reason to bash him to the extent you are. i mean seriously have some respect has donovan ever come out and bashed the HORRIBLE philly fans that hate him? no and its cuz he has class! i hope the skins s*** on the eagles those two games they play and thats commin from a philly fan! and the reason i say it cuz fine you got your way mcnabb is gone but that isnt enough is it? you gotta hate and bag on him even after he leaves, you say he should be scared of the eagles blitz? what blitz?! we dont have sheldon! we dont have dawk! the backers are worn thin! trent cole will be doubles if they dont get another end! stewie is commin of an ACL injury! and jim johnson is gone! what blitz are you talking about?! the eagles D looked tired and worn out, i think you got it twisted if they play like they did last year its the eagles D that should be scared when D-mac comes to town, i mean seriously the man is gone yet i still have to hear you talk ish on him! i mean seriously grow up.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future   First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty2010-04-05, 01:47

-iBleedGreen- wrote:
Well, I am not going to rip you apart. Actually you made a lot of good points in the first paragraph. Not to mention after everything that happened, no way in hell McNabb wanted to come back and play for Philadelphia. Secondly, I do not like the fact that he was traded to the Redskins (Not that I am worried about him being more successful or actually winning there) I really just don't like McNabb at all, and now I am still forced to see him twice a year. (I guess it's better than 16 times) As you know I am a very big Kolb supporter. Personally I think Kolb is going to have a great season (Do I think Superbowl.. not his first year, I am looking more at .500 season) I am ok with that for his first year. I don't think the Redskins will be a .500 team. Honestly look at the players that have gone to the Redskins, their careers die. I am not worried about "Next year" I am more concerned about 2011, 2012, and 2013. Those are the years that are going to matter.

As for the Eagles organization, I feel that they should have shipped McNabb to Oakland for Namdi. I think that would have been the best trade they could have gotten. Now all that is going to happen is when McNabb comes to Philly it's going to complete chaos. (I am going to that game) If McNabb beats us next year hey great for him, but like I said he can beat us but he still won't win a Superbowl. Especially not in Washington. I really feel that Kolb is a better fit for this offense. Mainly because he is younger and he will be able to gel with Jackson, Mccoy, Maclin, and Celek. Also he is a more accurate passer than McNabb. (Short passes, Medium Passes) sure we may not see the deep ball as much to Desean, but now were going to see those medium passes where Desean can his come open field and turn on the burners. I see Mccoy being a huge factor and Andy I feel is going to run the ball a lot more especially now that we have Mike Bell. I am excited to see the way the season turns out.

As for what I think about McNabb. You know I have never liked the guy since the day we drafted him. No offense to anyone on this site, but it's pretty much a proven fact that a black quarterback does not win Superbowls. (No I am not turning this into a race thing but lets face it guys it's true.) McNabb won us a lot of games, he did when he needed to do with not a lot of talent around him (well in the WR position anyway) he had everything else. Though, he is not an Eagle anymore. So this is all I have to say to Donovan. rude LATER DONOVAN! You couldn't do it here.. now you have to face the team that you fucked in the playoffs for 11 years! Everytime you got us there you failed us! Now guess what.. when you see that Eagles green lining up.. you better be wearing dark pants cause your going to s*** yourself when you see that blitz coming at you! Get fucked McNabb..

the raiders were never trading nnamdi for mcnabb the talks for for a 2nd round pick similar to the deal they got from the skins. which doesnt make sense to me, if you got other teams that are offering you similar s*** why trade to a division rival you gotta play twice a year. thats just asking to get burned in my opinion, actually, i would probably laugh if the redskins ending up beating the eagles twice or better yet make the playoffs
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future   First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty2010-04-05, 02:00

Well, since you decided to take it upon yourself and bash me. Let the games begin. First and foremost.. Never once did I say in my statement that Kolb was better than McNabb. I said I think he is a better fit for our offense since he is younger and is more accurate on short throws. Did I say anything about McNabb's heart for the game, or the way he presented himself to Philadelphia? Nope... But if you think about it, in your honest opinion why do you think T.O. left Philadelphia.. because of management.. or because Donovan wasn't getting his way?? Do you think the Eagles willingly let go of Garcia after the great Donovan fell with yet.. another injury.. do you think they really wanted to cut him, or maybe it was because Donovan didn't get his way. See you sir are not an Eagles fan, your a McNabb dick rider.

And also, is it wrong of me to put confidence in Kolb? The two games he actually got to practice for he put up 350 Yards plus. Name another QB that did that.. I said I am expecting a .500 season this year. Though if you would have actually read my post you would have seen that. But instead I am sure since after reading yours you have the IQ of a fuckin' yard ape.. that all you caught was how I bashed McNabb. Your right, it wasn't his fault he threw three Interceptions on in the Superbowl, it wasn't his fault he threw three picks against Carolina in the NFC Championship game. Or how bout in all his Championship games, including the two games I just mentioned his TD/INT is 9/8. Nine TD's and eight picks. Including two games where he didn't even throw a touchdown. But your right, those games were not his fault.. it was everyone elses. Look the bottom line is when McNabb comes to down.. the Eagles will s*** on him. He has as old ass Moss, and Cooley who is injury prone. Clinton Portis who just like Westbrook had concussions last year. And a washed up Larry Johnson.. oh and an o-line that is even bigger dog s*** than Phillys. So BRB. Think before you speak. McNabbs gone, guess you should go buy his Redskins jersey right about now..
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future   First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty2010-04-05, 02:18

my problem isnt with your stance on kolb i dont hate kolb i really like him and see eye to eye with you on some things about him, but how are you gonna be a philly fan and bash a guy that did so much for the organization? my problem with you is that you attack him personally i mean no guy that has done that much for a team deserves that kind of treatment, show some class thats all im sayin, he doesnt deserve that kind of talk.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future   First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty2010-04-05, 06:27

listen ibleedgreen i aint tryina bash you or anything like that im just sayin is all the hate twords a man that defines philadelphia football and for so many years was the face of the franchise really neccessary? marino didnt win a ring is he a bad QB? did dolphin fans despise him? i mean cmon man you know you wrong attackin him like that, and am i really not a fan cuz i support mcnabb? if anything it shows that i am a TRUE fan cuz it shows that no matter what donovans performance was i supported him, when he had good games i supported him and when he had bad games i supported him, i didnt throw him under the bus, this is my stance on all the eagle players and the team as a whole when the team performs poorly i dont bash them and point out the bad things, so am i really not a fan??? i think it just proves that i am cuz through thick and thin ima stick by my team no matter the case and not cry about any of it...
Back to top Go down
Laser Rocket Arm
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future   First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty2010-04-05, 12:07

the raiders were never trading nnamdi for mcnabb the talks for for a 2nd round pick similar to the deal they got from the skins. which doesnt make sense to me, if you got other teams that are offering you similar s*** why trade to a division rival you gotta play twice a year. thats just asking to get burned in my opinion, actually, i would probably laugh if the redskins ending up beating the eagles twice or better yet make the playoffs[/quote]

yeah im pretty sure they was some deal with namdi on the table but it was just an offer and and as for trading him to washington was because mcnabb was talkin about holding out if he went to oakland or buffalo so there hands were cuffed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future   First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future Empty

Back to top Go down

First Eagle Thread Regarding Mcnabb and the future
Page 1 of 1