Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

No bad for stopping the run

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian Fantana
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-11-12

No bad for stopping the run Empty
PostSubject: No bad for stopping the run   No bad for stopping the run Empty2010-03-24, 17:44

I use either normal or speed package and just contain the ends. Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: No bad for stopping the run   No bad for stopping the run Empty2010-03-24, 22:18

Just wondering... How do you blitz the LB's? Do you leave them as is or do you blitz them straight down and put them in gaps? Just wondering how it works for you. I don't get into too many 4-6 packages but Cover 4 in my NYJ defense, and that is maybe once every 20 games or so. I know it was a nice play last year.
Back to top Go down
papomartinez
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-03-26

PostSubject: Re: No bad for stopping the run   No bad for stopping the run Empty2010-03-26, 03:35

what is a good pass stopping defense i rep the ravens any help would be appreciated i'm a 38 year old gamer love the game have fun.papo
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: No bad for stopping the run   No bad for stopping the run Empty2010-03-31, 23:19

i like to use the speed package when using this play. as soon as the huddle is broken i use delayed bump and run coverage. then i pinch the linebackers. i reblitz both MLBs and DTs. i also place both MLBs 1 yard of the line of scrimmage. usually get in there pretty well unless the offense pinches their line. but that means someone on the outside is usually unblocked
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

PostSubject: Re: No bad for stopping the run   No bad for stopping the run Empty2010-03-31, 23:20

i also forgot to mention placing both MLBs between the DTs
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: No bad for stopping the run   No bad for stopping the run Empty2010-04-02, 01:48

i use the same set up as XTREME on occasion.. but u are suspect to the outside run, usually a sweep toss play.. if ur DE doesnt get off his block its an easy 10 yrd or more for the offense so be careful....
Back to top Go down
aj_fitness1212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: No bad for stopping the run   No bad for stopping the run Empty2010-04-02, 01:51

i also use a similar set up out of the nickel odd formation for better coverage
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

PostSubject: Re: No bad for stopping the run   No bad for stopping the run Empty2010-04-02, 02:02

Well let me write it up for you:

Playbook: 46 Normal (Speed Package)
Play: Inside Blitz
Set up:
1. Reblitz DTs
2. Pinch LBs
3. Reblitz MLBs and place them between DTs 1 yd of the LOS
(4.) B&R
(5.) User FS. Place FS in QB Spy (What this does is help protect the outside run. The FS will follow the ball wherever it goes. It will get you a good jump on the ball so you can make the tackle. If it ends up being a pass, the pressure will get there quick and the FS will be in a great position for an easy pick.)

Feel free to ask questions or add suggestions to my set up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No bad for stopping the run   No bad for stopping the run Empty

Back to top Go down

No bad for stopping the run
Page 1 of 1