Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try

Go down 
+2
CookieMonsta
romo2miles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
romo2miles
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-03-07

stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty
PostSubject: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty2010-03-10, 14:25

how do i stop 4-5 wide sets and stuff like open and empty trey? coverage doesn't seem to work because the qb ends up scrambling..and if i get pressure it seems like it doesn't get there fast enough.
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty2010-03-10, 15:39

This might sound kinda boring and ineffective, but sometimes I just set up a solid coverage D behind me from Dollar or Quarters or something, then I sub Merriman as my DE and I can usually get manual pressure on the QB using the right stick moves. It just sucks when you get knocked down, then you start trying to switch players too fast and you move one of your coverage guys out of position.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty2010-03-10, 15:48

yeah either play a heavy coverage D or come with some heavy heat, i like to bring the heat cuz im confident in my heat and if i user a quick hit option i can usually get a sack or bad throw but if he's tearin you up using this method deffinetly switch to some sort of coverage D or blitz him from a different angle.
Back to top Go down
romo2miles
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty2010-03-10, 21:31

what kind of blitz's would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty2010-03-10, 21:33

really heavy coverage, cause you always have to watch for the screen and the guys who murder the flats.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty2010-03-10, 21:42

This is what i would tell you.Try dime if you use dallas, use the lb package so you got ware and spencer on the d-line.I have no problem EVER getting to the qb with ware on the d-LINE.Also when you got ware and spencer on the d-line you can audible to where you can man coverage a WR.So if hes got three WR to the left audible ware which is on that side to man coverage the WR you think hes going to.OR Spencer both can cover decently.You will be able to get to the qb quick with four d-lineman on dime just practice it.D-WARE GETS THERE QUICK.Also remember to set some qb spys up on the nose tackle postion i recomend IGOR fOR THAT.If your gonna do the dollar d-front put ware on the line...D-WARE IS FIRE ON THE D-LINE.Also remember to put your middle lb in postion to make plays.
Back to top Go down
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty2010-03-10, 21:50

Also what i like to do..Is send blitzes and cover rbs with my d-ends on dime..like ware or spencer...if your sendin a cornerback on the right side send a d-end to cover that WR.Im not saying this is something you can get away with the whole game.because you cant.LOL.but its just another wrinkle to throw in.
Back to top Go down
romo2miles
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty2010-03-10, 21:56

thanks for all the help guys. cj when you mean heavy coverage like f@g d or what? examples? thanks
Back to top Go down
ezell420
New MS Member
New MS Member
ezell420

Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty2010-03-14, 20:48

u can just put de contain on the 3 wr side to stop the screen. i bring a lot of heat when they go empty bc theres no one to pick up blitzes in the backfield
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try   stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try Empty

Back to top Go down

stop 4-5 wide sets and open/empty try
Page 1 of 1