Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Is this a public forum or not?

Go down 
+12
Genno
MiamiXCanes
Swag Escobar
KODOUBLE24
H-A-N-G
PeytonMvPManning
Big Hungry 702
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
super_mario90
Modrewgnu
2ToN
CapnCrunch
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 03:04

if the member who left cuz his post got deleted then so be it...if it is that walt guy swag already apologized so if he cant accept that then he prolly isnt going to contribute much to this site

if it was someone...well idk who it is but thats one guy

u should be worrying about urself and how u come off in a forum in order to help other members get comfortable about posting
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 03:14

yea i jumped the gun on his post cause i read texans in it... it was more a comparison of austin to andre in terms of the impact on the season... which i apologized for.. but no disrespect but cmon if ur gonna leave off 1 post...where is the testosterone
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 04:33

I think the Mods are pretty cool im tight with all of them.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 20:09

Big Hungry 702 wrote:
personally, i think the mods do a dam good job on here.
u are a mod of course ur going to say that, but u guys are cool. anyways who left teh forums
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 20:14

You don't seem to understand, I enjoyed talking to Walt.

Both Walt and myself are upset about our posts being deleted because we work hard at bringing facts and stats to back up our opinions, especially in the two posts that were deleted. I went to NFLdotcom and got those 5 TRUE statements from there. But you decided to censor the truth.

He got upset and left the site and you are quite flippant about it.
Labeling him as not being able to contribute and having no testosterone.

Conversely, I decided to air my greivance and not walk away and was labeled in your words "acting like a dumbass" and "beating a dead horse"

And you say we are free to speak our minds,
Yet you make judgements upon us when we do
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 20:20

honestly Crunch i think your making WAY to big of a deal about some1 deleting 2 posts
Back to top Go down
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 20:26

I'm not a dick head by any means, but you need to literally open your mind. The mods delete posts to douse flame wars, and protect for creating personal vendettas between members. If you can't stand the way the moderators moderate, fine. Take it up in PM to the moderator who belittles you. If you don't like how the moderators do their things, leave the forum. I come from a forum where there is this moderator that goes; "Don't annoy me, I enjoy banning people." moreorless, there is a lot worse places than this.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 20:39

^ spoken like a true MS member
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 20:50

Who's making a big deal

Me or the moderators

They continue to respond instead of "moderate".

Frankly this last round of responses just makes them look bad

I will always stand up for what I think is right.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 22:15

honestly if that walt guy left the site over one of his posts getting deleted, he wasnt really a member we needed anyway if hes mad over a staff member doing what he thought was right. all he had to do was ask for an explanation and swag woulda gave it to him and apologized like he did
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-12, 23:26

I'm surprised Devo, you're usually more thoughtful than that.

Well, it appears we have 3 mods whom could care less about the members
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 00:17

its not that im not being thoughtful its just we cant just try to cater to one members needs. we have thousands of other members that we have to keep happy, so when one decides to leave for something as simple as him getting a post deleted we really arent gonna try to get him back. we're gonna keep it pushing with the guys we still have. its not that im not being thoughtful its just that we cant be worried about people who leave for small reasons. s*** since madden 10 dropped we've lost a shitload of guys who were hardcore MS guys the year before, yeah we wish we had em back, but we gotta move on.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 00:36

CapnCrunch i understand your point of view. But u have to look at it from ours. We cant change for one person when we have over 16,000 members
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 03:35

I understand your point, I just think you look pretty silly getting there. (Not you personally).

How about something like this?

*Although we value all of our members here at Madden School, we must move on for the good of the community.*

Coca-Cola has billions of customers and wouldn't dream of letting its representatives, call a single customer a dumbass or or say "he has no testosterone and can't contribute" etc... Not that you're Coca-Cola, its just an example.

Its fine if you don't hold yourselves to those standards. But then this type of criticism should be expected.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 04:00

CapnCrunch wrote:
You don't seem to understand, I enjoyed talking to Walt.

Both Walt and myself are upset about our posts being deleted because we work hard at bringing facts and stats to back up our opinions, especially in the two posts that were deleted. I went to NFLdotcom and got those 5 TRUE statements from there. But you decided to censor the truth.

He got upset and left the site and you are quite flippant about it.
Labeling him as not being able to contribute and having no testosterone.

Conversely, I decided to air my greivance and not walk away and was labeled in your words "acting like a dumbass" and "beating a dead horse"

And you say we are free to speak our minds,
Yet you make judgements upon us when we do

See what you are missing is, those were Texans facts in a Miles Austin Thread, again on Walt i jumped the gun, but ur post were about the Texans,from a Cowboys Fan, in response to a Texans fan that kept his post about Miles Austin, i read urs first which led me to jump the gun on Walts

i mean if u didnt want me to delete.. then i coulda split them from that topic and put them under a texans related thread
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 05:02

HAHAHAHA who cares someone lock this thread up it has nothing to do with the NFL & it's "IN THE NFL SECTION" and the argument is about an ms members comment being deleted who f*cking cares if his feelings got hurt let's tlk about football again not about someone who's no longer on this site.

THIS THREAD IS F*CKING STUPID!!!!
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 09:18

super_mario90 wrote:
HAHAHAHA who cares someone lock this thread up it has nothing to do with the NFL & it's "IN THE NFL SECTION" and the argument is about an ms members comment being deleted who f*cking cares if his feelings got hurt let's tlk about football again not about someone who's no longer on this site.

THIS THREAD IS F*CKING STUPID!!!!

If, as you say, my thread is so stupid.

Why do you need to respond?
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 09:30

cause mario is the "village idiot" he always has to put in his 2 cents
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 12:14

Well he's getting better at posting though,
He now types 20 mistakes a minute!

The reason he posts so late is he hangs out at the mall and has trouble finding the doorknob on the revolving door

It doesn't help that he stays late at the mall,
Whenever they turn off the escalator
He gets stuck

They told him he needed to get his dog a license
He said: "Why, I do all the driving"
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 12:50

CapnCrunch wrote:
Well he's getting better at posting though,
He now types 20 mistakes a minute!

The reason he posts so late is he hangs out at the mall and has trouble finding the doorknob on the revolving door

It doesn't help that he stays late at the mall,
Whenever they turn off the escalator
He gets stuck

They told him he needed to get his dog a license
He said: "Why, I do all the driving"

You complain about us deleting pointless posts, when you just did the same thing by bashing another member.. Posts like these are what leads to flamewars, which we try to negate and you seem to have a problem with..

Comparing a Madden site to Coca Cola has to be the worst comparison i have ever seen, seeing as how they are a billion dollar company and we are a website giving out Madden tips..

And if the people (over 16,000) were to all choose how they were governed, then they would never come up on an agreement, or they would say they dont want to be disciplined at all..

It sounds like your saying you dont want us to delete any posts, which would lead to more and more flamewars, which is what we want to keep MS clean of.. I dont really care if what you say are facts, if they are brought up with no relation to the thread and are presented in a manor that makes it seem like you are instigating a flame war or bashing another member, it is most likely going to be deleted.. If you dont like it, too bad, we have over 16,000 members to keep happy, and i dont see why we should change everything just to fit YOUR selfish needs
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 15:14

As per your first paragraph:
Riddle me this, when he says this thread is F'ing stupid and he doesn't care if we lost a member. You said nothing. When bighungry said he is a village idiot you said nothing. When many other people said thay did not care that Walt left and he had no testosterone and nothing to contribute, you said nothing. But when I make a few village idiot jokes, designed to lighten the mood, you roll in here and blow the whole thread up again. WTF?

As per your second statement:
The management principles of a multibillion dollar organization and the management principles of a small interest are fundamentally the same. It is only in the application and delegation of those duties that the techniques change. However the principles remain the same.

As per your third statement:
Many large communities, associations, clubs, etc... delegate and rule themselves by adhering to the rules set forth by a consensus of the group. It is not a new concept that I invented. In fact this great nation of Billions was founded in that very same manner.

As per your fourth statement:
You say it sounds like I don't think any posts should be deleted. But yet I have posted on this thread over a dozen times and I cannot find that statement. In fact I clearly stated the need for rules. Please don't misquote me, anymore. I can think for my self, thank you.

As far as you thinking I am selfish, go ahead, think of me what you will. But remember, it is you who blew this post up again.

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-03-13, 15:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 15:42

Hey, mario, you and I have been doggin' each other for a long time. I know it is all in good fun and I think you feel the same way. As I have heard you tell others to back off before. I consider us on freindly terms and my jokes to be harmless.

What is your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 15:45

CapnCrunch wrote:
As per your first paragraph:
Riddle me this, when he says this thread is F'ing stupid and he doesn't care if we lost a member. You said nothing. When bighungry said he is a village idiot you said nothing. When many other people said thay did not care that Walt left and he had no testosterone and nothing to contribute, you said nothing. But when I make a few village idiot jokes, designed to lighten the mood, you roll in here and blow the whole thread up again. WTF?

As per your second statement:
The management principals of a multibillion dollar organization and the management principals of a small interest are fundamentally the same. It is only in the delegation of those duties that the techniques change. However the principals remain the same.

As per your third statement:
Many large communities, associations, clubs, etc... delegate and rule themselves by adhering to the rules set forth by a consensus of the group. It is not a new concept that I invented. In fact this great nation of Billions was founded in that very same manner.

As per your fourth statement:
You say it sounds like I don't think any posts should be deleted. But yet I have posted on this thread over a dozen times and I cannot find that statement. In fact I clearly stated the need for rules. Please don't misquote me, anymore. I can think for my self, thank you.

As far as you thinking I am selfish, go ahead, think of me what you will. But remember, it is you who blew this post up again.

A few people may have thrown in a few remarks HERE AND THEIR, but your ENTIRE post was all based around bashing Mario, which is just what we are trying to cut down on

I will restate, the management of Coca Cola and the management of this site is a horrible comparison, no need to even go on about that subject

So just because everyone else does it that way, we should too? I see that your not a leader in your life, you just follow what everyone else does, AKA a follower.. We at MS want to be leaders, not followers

If you do not want posts to be deleted then what is the point of this thread? What exactly is the big deal on what the mods are doing? What is your complaint? You have YET to give us a clear complaint, and a solution to that complaint..

Me blowing this post up doesnt mean im selfish, you wanting everything done your way when we have 16,000 members is selfish.. With you using all of these fancy words, trying to sound smart but really making yourself look like an idiot, you should surely know what the definition of the word selfish is, and that your acting the part right now
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 16:02

cmon guys. were not getting anywhere with this at all. 6 pages and still the same thing

lets just all move on from this
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty2010-03-13, 16:12

I did not start this post to bash mario, and I was not the first to bring up his name, and I was not the one to continue to lay blame on him. You have misquoted me again. Please reread the posts.

Yes management principles are the same no matter how large your company is. Another, example would be the Roman Catholic Church and the backwoods Church, they are founded on the same principles. It is the management techniques and application that differ.

The point of this thread is - as I stated before - to get a positive discussion of the veiwpoint of the members.

I never said you were selfish, it is you who said I was selfish and now you have repeated that statement and added idiot to it.

How can we have a positive discussion if everyone is so defensive.

You want big words fine, get out your dictionary, I know a bunch of them.

After heavy consternation I have hurriedly accepted the incontrovertable assumption that I will invariably subscribe to the principles of antidisestablishmentarianism. Especially in light of my progenitors incurable pneumoniaultramicroscopicsilivolcanoconiosis.

LOL, would you like some more?

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-03-13, 16:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a public forum or not?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next