Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Is this a public forum or not?

Go down 
+12
Genno
MiamiXCanes
Swag Escobar
KODOUBLE24
H-A-N-G
PeytonMvPManning
Big Hungry 702
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
super_mario90
Modrewgnu
2ToN
CapnCrunch
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-10, 23:30

And there it is the answer to my original question.

This is not a public forum, just a place for other people to post on your forum.

I believe you are the one with the wrong attitude.

Please reconsider your position on this matter.

Ps, you say I am beating a dead horse, how can one thread on a site with thousands of threads be so dreadful. I am merely stating my position, and trying to make you change yours. That is what forums are all about.

Am I expected to agree with all your opinions and never state my own?

If you are tired of this discussion then don't respond, I already know your opinion. I am more interested in the forum members opinions.

Thank you

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-03-11, 00:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-10, 23:48

so why is it we have to change our stuff to please one guy on the forums?

there are no sites that allow people to say WHATEVER they want without consequences for dumb comments

maybe youtube comment section IDK

ur just acting dumb right now, and the fact that u say its a forum for yall to post instead of a public forum and we shoudl change our ways cuz u say so

isnt thta hypocritical in itself? ur telling us not to make it seem that way but by u tellin us to listen and change our ways according to what u think is the exact same thing as what ur crying about

face it ur just beating a dead horse its a forum we are not obligated to bend on our knees to satisfy you, even tho we sure as hell make it a place where you can do pretty much anything that isnt DUMB or DISRESPECTFUL <---- key word

if thats not enough idk what else is...and MS wont change its whole site plan cuz one guy said so
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 00:02

WOW, dude

Smoke a joint or something?

Chill out.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 00:14

im with 2ton on this one
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 00:21

I appreciate your opinion miami

And I welcome others

Thank you
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 00:25

I am not saying you have to change YOUR forum because of my views. I am saying, you tried that already, there are now two sets of forum rules in the sticky section. I am asking you to get the forum members involved in resolving an ongoing problem.

Dictionary:

Forum - meeting place for the discussion of matters of public interest

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-03-11, 00:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 00:27

Now now, both of you need to smoke a joint. You two are fighting over the Internet and nothing is ever resolved. You two need to settle the differences and make a compromise. If you wanna leave, the door is right there. If you wanna stay, obey the rules. Of course you can state your opinion on any forum you want, just be careful you don't rub that person the wrong way.

We all know that no facial or body language is inserted in text so you need to lighten up on whatever you're doing that is making other members angry.

No, I'm not trying to moderate you; more or less, I'm trying to guide you. I first started on my Internet journey on this forum where moderators are trolls themselves and they WILL deliever the ban hammer if you act out.

But let's get back to the joint smoking, dude. Much funner to sit back, relax, and watch Half-Baked. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 00:32

I am not fighting, I am perfectly calm.

I appreciate your opinion though, genno

And I welcome others

Thank you
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 00:39

oh i wasnt anrgy at him nor am i arguing with him just cuz

im merely answering the thread and how his opinions on how to fix the forums is kinda flawed since if we listen to him then it would be the same as making him listen to us

especially since we at MS have done alot to make this a great and enjoyable site for alotta people so the fact that he is portraying us to be some kind of evil mechanism out for peoples blood

ok maybe a lil too dramatic but u get the gist

as far as for the 2 threads the 2nd thread was intended towards you and mario and all cowboys vs texans people

the 1st thread goes for ALL of the site since we never had somethign like that in place so essentially the forum WAS exactly what u intended to be, a public forum where any1 could say anything

but u see what happened? it got out of hand and we the mods had to step in and stop it

thus we have new threads to prevent that from happening

pretty simple
Back to top Go down
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 00:40

I'm the innocent bystander and I'm detecting anger in your posts. It may not be as pronounced as someone whos pinky is glued to their shift key, but it's a shoe in.

Believe it or not, threads like these don't get things done. Best way of getting anything accomplished is in a chat room to discuss problems you see. If the moderators agree that there is a problem, it could take a few weeks for anything to get done. If they don't see a problem, continually badgering to change something just incites e-Rage and makes moderators dislike you. Experience, bro. Razz
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 00:51

oh i just caps words to make it stand out and pronounce it out there lol since u know no1 can hear me

the way i talk in an argument ill stress some words out to put some emphasis on it

sorry if that came off as angry im not an angry guy in fact i do love arguing

GET TO THE CHOPPAAAAA!!!

also without threads like this MS wouldnt know if some people had a problem with the way we handle ourselves and allows us to explain our reasonings behind certain things

its just some people dont wanna accept it
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 01:19

aHH iTs 2ToN!! wrote:
im merely answering the thread and how his opinions on how to fix the forums is kinda flawed since if we listen to him then it would be the same as making him listen to us

You continue to misquote me, more than several times.

I am not asking you to change to my way as I have not set any guidelines nor advocated a free for all. I am asking you to involve the members of this forum in policing themselves.

I am not a "Cowboys vs Texans" person
I am CapnCrunch and feel that I should be able to write a reasonable Cowboys post in the NFL section without having to defend myself from trolling. I will not go to the general section tucked away where nobody can find it to post facts that I work hard to substantiate.

I am merely asking for everyones opinion in an ongoing problem.

I have your opinion 2Ton, thank you

I welcome any others

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-03-11, 01:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genno
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Genno

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 01:21

Haha. GET DOWWWWWWN!
BOOM HEADSHOT!

I see that point now. I'm just so used to being self-reserved and do stuff in a less public area.

It's like the goverment. They wanna raise gas to 4$ this summer. ****, no one wants to accept that!
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 01:32

have i not assured u that u can make whatever post whether it be about the cowboys or not, that u can rest easy knowing some1 like mario wont come in and sht on it?

if i have not then would u like a picture of me holding a cowboys rule sign? cuz i dunno how else to explain it to u

there arent many people who have problems with the forums so dont expect too many opnions especially since the mods themselves have given u reasons on what they do and strive to achieve
Back to top Go down
Ketcham While They're Hot
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Ketcham While They're Hot

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 01:41

I'm with the Capn on this one.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 01:41

see my thing is like this. as most people on here know, im a hippy. im a nice dude that tries to love and respect every single persons opinion, regardless of race, backround, religion ect ect. yes ive said somebad things and ill be the first person to admit that but i still have respect twards those people i said those things to. yes this is a public forum and yes you can say whatever you want. but just because its over the internet doesnt give you the right to bash somebody (as we are almost all guilty of in these "cowboys vs texans" threads). it comes down to common decency and respect for other people regardless of who they are or what they like. i feel like each person should make it a priority to show everybody some respect. have some personal rules, not forum rules (you still should follow the forum rules though lol). all the name calling on either side is uncolled for IMO and everybody is at fault. if we all put in more of effort to try and cut down on the flaming and trolling and such then it wouldnt happen. remember, it takes 2 sides to make something like this happen. regardless of who started it (mario or any of the cowboy fans) you are both at fault. if mario doesnt start randomly talking s*** then it never happens, if cap or any of the boys fans dont respond to it then it doesnt happen either. we ALL need to make a better effort to make this problem go away and i feel like if we did that then this wouldnt be a problem. so im asking all of you, as a mod, please try and cut back on it. anything between those 2 teams always end up turning into a flame war. if you see it starting to happen then take it apon yourself to make sure it doesnt happen. me, 2ton or swag or any of the other mods can only really do so much in stopping it. in a PUBLIC forum the PUBLIC needs to be held acountable as well. take some responsibility and make sure this doesnt happen
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 01:50

CapnCrunch wrote:
aHH iTs 2ToN!! wrote:

You continue to misquote me, more than several times.

I am not asking you to change to my way as I have not set any guidelines nor advocated a free for all. I am asking you to involve the members of this forum in policing themselves.

I am not a "Cowboys vs Texans" person
I am CapnCrunch and feel that I should be able to write a reasonable Cowboys post in the NFL section without having to defend myself from trolling. I will not go to the general section tucked away where nobody can find it to post facts that I work hard to substantiate.

I am merely asking for everyones opinion in an ongoing problem.

I have your opinion 2Ton, thank you

I welcome any others

i dont get the issue, i mean your pretty much allowed to say or do anything you want as long as you dont disrespect anyone else, its not like we have strict rules or guidelines that we make people follow, the whole texans vs cowboys thing got cracked down on due to complaints that members brought to the attention of moderators, you can also make a topic on anythinggggggggggg you please in the forums if someone trolls ur post it will get handled in the same manner(mario). I mean its not like us as Moderators said "hey lets stop the texans vs cowboys flaming", it was actually brought to the attention by actual members, so wouldn't that be apart of the members policing themselves? and i mean this just wasnt a few members, it was aloooooooooooooooooooot of ppl that would come and tell us, i really dont see the over all big issue, maybe im just blind, i just dont see wat the texans organization had to do with Miles Austin
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 02:06

yeah i dont see what the big problem is the forums and our rules were never that big of a problem until swag deleted a few posts. just cause we agree with mario this one time doesnt mean we agree with everything mario does. we delete his s*** more than any other member on this site. the fact that you guys let mario irritate you guys like he does is just hilarious to me because i know you guys dont act like this in your real lives so why do it here? maybe if you guys tried ignoring him for once instead off letting him guys egg you on each and everytime you guys post something hes gonna stop.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 04:51

why? does everyone think i dnt use facts to back up whatever the subject is im talking about as i remember clearly this WHOLE! entire past season all i did was use official stats about whatever the topic was that i was talking about i used real stats about Dre,O.D.,schaub texans D and etc etc and in any argument that i was talking sh!t in i was being realistic and not saying unrealistic things like most of the boy fans say about the texans everything i said was realistic about the boys or miles austin.

OK BYE!!!!. king
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 05:38

man i remember when i first signed up there was never any flamming or trolling this place is getting out of hand. i see why the mods are patroling the threads. everyone was hella cool when i first started posting now we have people bashing on other people when they dont like their tips. if u dont like it dont be so cruel about it.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 20:11

^^^^ Damn!!!! your old.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 20:15

mario, people just think you're a homer.

you love your team, no one blames you for that. sometimes your love for your team gets ridiculous... but whatever.

keep doing your thing as long as youre not getting racist or hateful.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-11, 21:23

I dont see what Cap is trying to argue..

MS needs the mods to delete/lock the threads before they turn into huge flame wars, thus lowering the amount on the forums.. Once we delete the threads a couple of times, the people will get the idea and stop posting ridiculous stuff..

It is a public forum, but the members shouldnt have to discipline themselves, because if that were the case then they would never do it
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-12, 00:47

In my opinion, the conversation has taken a positive turn. And I appreciate everyones input. If you want to call it an argument, fine, a discussion or conversation, whatever. But I hold no malice towards anyone, but I am perturbed that we lost a good member whom I enjoyed having conversations with.

I understand the need for rules. But you have to remember the rights of members. These are principles first brought forth by King Edward Plantagenet and later were the basis of the founding of America and the Constitution itself. And they are:

The people should have a say in how they are governed.

In that regard I am trying to have a positive discussion of the forum members opinions. Which will lead us all to an understanding of our responsibilities in the community.

Thank you for your input. The more opinions the better.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty2010-03-12, 01:30

personally, i think the mods do a dam good job on here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a public forum or not?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next