Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Is this a public forum or not?

Go down 
+12
Genno
MiamiXCanes
Swag Escobar
KODOUBLE24
H-A-N-G
PeytonMvPManning
Big Hungry 702
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
super_mario90
Modrewgnu
2ToN
CapnCrunch
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Is this a public forum or not? Empty
PostSubject: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-09, 03:09

If it is then sometimes things are gonna get heated. So what, it happens in all public forums, but especially on the internet when a person cannot convey a freindly gesture, smile or body language. The words can sometimes get misconstrued and/or things get heated. So what. Were all big boys here.

But more to my point. The moderator should moderate, not declare themselves ultimate ruler, no questions asked. I am not going to private message a moderator about a situation in a public forum. Especially since they are not inclined nor obligated to do the same.

And who moderates the moderators? We do, the public forum. We don't need a bunch of new rules.

PS - if you saw my beautiful smile, you'd know, I'm not upset. We are just talking here
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-09, 03:34

u basically proved our points

we are asked to moderate the forums which means handling disputes and people getting heated

there are threads to stop flaming/flame baiting/trolling etc etc and we moderate that

no one is saying they are the ultimate ruler but sometimes thats what it takes to shut some people up and show that they mean business in stopping stupid threads/posts from happening

if you dont see that then idk what else to tell ya other than maybe find a site that trolls and flames alotta people which makes the experience terrible

i mean i mod this section and id like to think i let people say their opinions without being attacked for it unless ur name is mario

all i can tell u is to stop worrying urself about the site and how it handles itself cu trust me we all talk and discuss the best options to do things there is no rush in anything and we correct mistakes and handle situations carefully

just keep posting and dont concern urself with the site's well being and just continue to help out the site by making good posts and let the mods handle the rest

sure its a public forum but we sure as hell dont want it to be a fight fest
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-09, 03:48

You both bring up valid points. The mods need to do a better job of cleaning things up without showing off their power and constantly reminding people of how they will get banned if they post the wrong thing. Ultimately the members control the moderators, because if the members have the power to leave and then the moderators have no one to moderate over.

That being said, members on MS are trolling and bickering more then ever before. We dont need those people or the posts that they make. Certain guys enjoy starting trouble on forums. It is the moderators job to delete the posts before they turn into big flame wars and it is the members job to try not to help a member start a dumb meaningless arguement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-09, 04:34

***DAMN THATS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT***
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-09, 04:40

how do i become a mod
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-09, 19:07

DONT ASKKKKKKK
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-09, 19:09

Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ wrote:
how do i become a mod

like hungry said dont ask

ur actions will dictate ur mod ability simple as that

do what u think will get our attention to say heyyyy look at that guy hes mod status mannnnnn
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 05:07

^^^^sounds like your talking about ME! LOL!!!!.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 06:45

man they deleted my post dont censor me. like i said i could really careless if i was a mod it was just a question my main purpose 4 being here is to give tio\ps and help ppl. not become a mod and say hey look at me i can lock threads. just wanted to know how dont really care if i become one.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 08:30

this is a public forum but it seems like to me every other thread in the nfl section becomes a cowboys vs texans arguement even tho we have a designed thread for that
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 08:51

im with you MVP it does seem like that, just ignore mario. its what i do
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 16:09

Big Hungry 702 wrote:
im with you MVP it does seem like that, just ignore mario. its what i do

mario is partly at fault for causing some of those threads to get derailed in topic so dont let him off the hook

DMC if u dont care dont ask about it and then reply with a lackluster attitude 'i dont care about it' thats just wasting our times in helping u know about the mod system especially if u ddnt even care enough in teh 1st place to be a mod

mario u know what u need to do and what not to do so quit the repeating statements like DAMN THATS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT

ur last few posts aside from those were completely fine and on topic...keep doing that and quit instigating fights in cowboy themed threads.....since if u do start an argument the people there are so used to u startn a useless fight that they think u are purposely talkn sht.....so refrain from doing that
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 19:47

aHH iTs 2ToN!! wrote:

Mario, quit instigating fights in cowboy themed threads.....since if u do start an argument the people there are so used to u startn a useless fight that they think u are purposely talkn sht.....so refrain from doing that

You hit the nail on the head, I felt that everytime I came to post here I had to defend myself first, and then I could go about having a conversation with some of the more reasonable members. I set myself into a bad habit.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 19:59

its cool just keep on posting and offering ur opinions and let the mods do their best job on cleaning up on the forums
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 20:08

I think I'll do it the other way around, you guys handle your business, then I'll be back

Cuz,I know this was goin' on before I joined
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 20:13

CapnCrunch wrote:
I think I'll do it the other way around, you guys handle your business, then I'll be back

what is exactly going on?

u admitted it urself that whenever mario posts in whatever thread ur 1st thought is to defend urself even when ti is not needed to

i dont get it.....u can continue to post freely without worry of getting hated on or flamed on by the likes of mario since THAT is the mods' job to handle that...

so...if u dont mind....what EXACTLY is the problem now?
Back to top Go down
H-A-N-G
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 20:19

great points.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 20:26

aHH iTs 2ToN!! wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

u admitted it urself that whenever mario posts in whatever thread ur 1st thought is to defend urself even when ti is not needed to

i dont get it.....u can continue to post freely without worry of getting hated on or flamed on by the likes of mario since THAT is the mods' job to handle that...

Thank you, I appreciate the offer

PS. I did not say it was not needed, I said it was a bad habit

Whether it was needed or not I will consider, that may take some time.

There are two sides to every coin, I could consider

Go not quietly into the night and suffer not the slings and arrows...

Or

Argue not with a fool lest ye be judged a fool yourself

But either way, I believe it is important to discuss these matters openly as it affects the whole community. And not as the new rules prescribe, if you have a problem just message one of the mods, especially since they did not ever message me concerning any problem before deleting posts on my thread.

I know when I joined there were several Cowboy fans who were having the same problem. They no longer post because it is pointless and futile. They have prescribed to the argue not with a fool theory.

I would be interested in hearing from them as well as everyone elses opinions. But mostly I would be interested in hearing Supermarios opinion on these matters.

And Modrewgnu too.

Actually the more opinions we get the better you are able to do your job

PEACE

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-03-11, 07:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 21:54

CapnCrunch wrote:
aHH iTs 2ToN!! wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

Go not quietly into the night and suffer not the slings and arrow

Or

But either way, I believe it is important to discuss these matters openly as it affects the whole community. And not as the new rules prescribe, if you have a problem just message one of the mods, especially since they did not ever message me concerning any problem before deleting posts on my thread.

I know when I joined there were several Cowboy fans who were having the same problem. They no longer post because it is pointless and futile. They have prescribed to the argue not with a fool theory.

I would be interested in hearing from them as well as everyone elses opinions. But mostly I would be interested in hearing Supermarios opinion on these matters.

And Modrewgnu too.

PEACE

Thats not why they don't post no more they stopped b/c i would prove them wrong on any subject to the point where they just couldn't come out on top and so they just gave up b/c they couldn't say realistic things about any subject about the texans back when there was that BOYS FANS VS TEXANS FANS battle and i mad them all EXTINCT like the DINOSAURS HAHAHAHA *evil laugh*

The Mods must love me b/c i get messages from the Mods all the time shout out to 2 ton,Mod,BostnBeaner & a few more.
Back to top Go down
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 21:56

i just wanna know where the cowboys vs teaxan thread is so i can vent some shtt..anybody know where i can find that.Lol
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 22:08

CapnCrunch wrote:
aHH iTs 2ToN!! wrote:
CapnCrunch wrote:

Go not quietly into the night and suffer not the slings and arrow

Or

And Modrewgnu too.

PEACE

its not like we have done nothing to kill the issue....ever wonder what happened to legend killer, and you must be atleast 18+, at some point you have to stop being defensive about mario's opinions, ive checked out threads where he post and it turns into a battle almost, the reason i dont fault mario in this specific occasion is, if you read 2ton's Stop the Hating! NFL Forum Rules Threads and look at the examples, i dont see where mario went outside those guidelines, i mean yeah i deleted post but its obvious that people are ignoring his very obvious sticky,so i took action,i mean outside that that i rarely delete, actually mario's post are prob the most deleted cause sometimes he post obvious spam.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 22:28

im pretty lenient on what people can say on the boards and i rarely delete unless its an obvious attack cuz i liek to let things work out in itself

crunch what u dont realize is mario wont give up and enither will most cboy fans so it just causes alotta disuptes and dumb replies

we (the mods) try to stop that at the beginning cuz we have seen what has happened if allowed to continue onto that path

mario knows better, you shouldnt worry abotu any of his replies unless he specifically says ur name or specifically attack sthe cowboys...all hes doing right now is giving his opinions no matter how....not great they are

mod said his piece i said my piece even mario said his piece

but what i still dont get is how this is still a problem to u....we're not gonna ban mario till he does something else dumb so if thats what u wanted well it isnt gonna happen

as a mod we arent required to message a guy before deleting a post cuz well if u see ur post was deleted u prolly should think 'hey whatever i said was prolly a bad idea and violated the terms of the flame thread or was going to start an argument or was just another attack'

no one on the mod staff deletes for no reason....they are all for a reason albeit some may have been deleted on accident

if YOU still dont like how the boards hanlde itself then idk what else to tell ya
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 23:04

There are a few things about my viewpoint that you do not understand, so I will try to clear those up now.

I do not have a problem with mario, he is to easy to make look foolish because he does not back his opinions up with facts.
I don't want him banned, I want him to have a serious discussion about the forum and its members.

I do have a problem with the new rules, EASY NOW, let me explain. You have already tried setting rules before and it did not work. Why would it work now?

This is a problem that has plauged this board from before I joined, how do you think your going to solve it overnight?

This is a public forum and if the members are involved in a discussion of the problems on the forum they not only feel a greater connection to the forum, but they feel a responsibility to those other members.

This is a product, and you are marketing that product as representative of the forum and modrewgnu. Most companies that sell products ask for the opinions of the public.

It is standard management technique to involve people in the decision making process so they buy into any policy changes. Otherwise they just feel like they are being told what to do. Which is why your first set of rules was ignored.

I am trying to get the forum members involved in a public discussion of a long standing problem in an effort to both involve the forum members and create an environment of cooperation and responsibility between those forum members.

Am I a poster boy for forum behavior, certainly not. My Trucker language, tough exterior, know-it-all attitude, and stubbborness often rub people the wrong way. I will try to be better, but its hard.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 23:08

I see you still clowning there Mario, is there anyway to get a real, thoughtful opinion from you. Please. Since as you pointed out how brilliant you are, we could really use some of your genius on this problem.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty2010-03-10, 23:13

other rules? there wasnt any rules which then led to reckless posting which is why the new rules were put in place....

you sir seem to forget that the staff of MS reserve the right to do whatever they can to clean up the boards so that new members and existing members can post freely and see it is a comfortable place

threads like this just doesnt help especially when ur beating a dead horse

people have said their pieces and how they are going to change things

there is nothing more to improve the quality of the forums other than by posting! we can sit here and talk about how bad something is but hey only the people who can make it change will do it (which the staff has done so)

no1 likes bickering and dumb arguments which is what happens when people are allowed to say anything without refrain....hence the 2 threads made to prevent such reckless behavior
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a public forum or not?   Is this a public forum or not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a public forum or not?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next