Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Lions making big moves

Go down 
+11
Ketcham While They're Hot
allain43
layinWOOD
ticklemeelmo
Big Hungry 702
huh1231
super_mario90
bigbuddah
waltbabyluv203
2ToN
CapnCrunch
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Lions making big moves Empty
PostSubject: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-05, 19:54

One of the worst defenses in the league has finally decided to do something about it. The lions acquired Cory Williams and more importantly Kyle VandenBasch to shore up their weak defense. Add to that an early first round pick of Gerald McCoy or Ndamaken Suh and they should have a much improved pass rush. IMO, Kyle is gonna be a great leader as well.

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-03-05, 21:17; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-05, 19:58

they still dont have a good secondary

and lions are considering trading down as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-05, 21:21

Ya, I heard that rumor as well (trade down), I don't believe it. The situation is perfect to pick up McCoy or Suh. And have VandenBosch school them, I believe that is why they picked up a veteran leader at DE, to help transition the new DT.

In regards to the secondary, what better place to pick up a good secondary than the top of the second and/or third round.

Anyway, that's my take on it.

Of course I could be wrong, they could trade down, get Eric Berry, and have an extra pick maybe in the second to get a running back and a corner. Either way, they now have some flexability on draft day.
Back to top Go down
waltbabyluv203
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-06, 01:43

I would definitely trade down if I were the Lions, theyve got to be sick and tired of paying top 5 pick signing bonuses every year
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-06, 09:07

waltbabyluv203 wrote:
I would definitely trade down if I were the Lions, theyve got to be sick and tired of paying top 5 pick signing bonuses every year

No doubt, but this is a funny year. No Salary Cap, they could pay a ton of the money up front, and build that team they been trying for 50yrs to build. Either way, in my opinion they made the best moves on day one of the new season.

I wouldn't be suprised if they are going after Thomas Jones right now.
Back to top Go down
waltbabyluv203
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-06, 14:08

CapnCrunch wrote:
waltbabyluv203 wrote:

No doubt, but this is a funny year. No Salary Cap, they could pay a ton of the money up front, and build that team they been trying for 50yrs to build. Either way, in my opinion they made the best moves on day one of the new season.

I wouldn't be suprised if they are going after Thomas Jones right now.

Oh yeah definitely, they are making moves in the right direction. Trading down would be a great move. These signing bonuses they have handed out to top 5 picks has been nuts. Having a high draft pick that many years in a row is not always a good thing. They use all that money on players that might be good, and in there case Stafford and Johnson are the only 2 still on the team out of Harrington, Rogers, R. Williams, M Williams, Johnson and Stafford.

If they are going to trade down this is the year to do it. I would not want to draft a DT that early and have to give them top 5 money. DT is a very important position but it is not a position IMO you want to spend all your money on. The difference between a good DT and a great DT is not that big of a gap. I would rather spend money elsewhere. Im talking in 1 4-3 of course. a NT is a 3-4 is a whole different story.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-06, 15:58

Also, Nate Burleson will be a great complement to Megatron.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-06, 15:59

nates never been anything great and IMO hes just another bryant johnson

wont make or break that offense...its still megatrons team
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-06, 18:08

Your right he ain't all that great, but he is a good number 2 and a good teamate. Can play special teams pretty good as well. IMO
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-06, 21:31

i agree that the lions got better but how much better...they play in agruable the 2nd or 3rd toughest division in the nfl if favre comes back...i say they double their win number hahaha with 4 this coming up year...hey atleast its better.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-06, 23:19

bigbuddah wrote:
i agree that the lions got better but how much better...they play in agruable the 2nd or 3rd toughest division in the nfl if favre comes back...i say they double their win number hahaha with 4 this coming up year...hey atleast its better.

4 sounds about right
But after a 50 year rebuilding process
You can't rush things
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-07, 04:11

the lions should have won at least 5 games this past season but their rookie QB f*cked it up for them they had a few games where they had comfortable leads but their QB threw some picks and helped them lose games they should have won.

i'll say they'll win 5 or 6 games this season depending on how stafford plays.

they got weapons on that O calvin,johnson,pettigrew,kevin smith put some good OL men in that O and you got something special.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-07, 17:24

super_mario90 wrote:
the lions should have won at least 5 games this past season but their rookie QB f*cked it up for them they had a few games where they had comfortable leads but their QB threw some picks and helped them lose games they should have won.

they got weapons on that O calvin,johnson,pettigrew,kevin smith put some good OL men in that O and you got something special.

huh???? he threw picks when their defense couldnt stop a sneeze....

which is the whole point of this thread...lions needed d desperately and they still do....their secondary isnt very good right now....
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-07, 21:13

aHH iTs 2ToN!! wrote:
super_mario90 wrote:

huh???? he threw picks when their defense couldnt stop a sneeze....

which is the whole point of this thread...lions needed d desperately and they still do....their secondary isnt very good right now....

dude have you ever tried to stop a sneeze? those are really hard to contain. next time you have to sneeze i want to see you try and hold it back. don't sleep on them dude.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-07, 21:21

Don't sleep on the Lions or
Don't sleep on your sneezes
Cuz that's just gross
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-07, 21:49

haha thats true i guess that was a poor choice of words
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-08, 05:16

lions D is getting better piece by piece but atleast their getting the right type of players.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-08, 08:48

super_mario90 wrote:
lions D is getting better piece by piece but atleast their getting the right type of players.

Well, at least when you repeat what everyone else already said, you don't sound like an idiot. Nice post.
Back to top Go down
waltbabyluv203
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-08, 11:30

CapnCrunch wrote:
super_mario90 wrote:

Well, at least when you repeat what everyone else already said, you don't sound like an idiot. Nice post.

He usually just repeats what he already said 50 times
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-09, 05:03

nobody said nothing close to what i said ^^^^ ????
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-09, 19:27

mario relax just ignore them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-10, 05:08

^^^^

*thinking happy thoughts*

LOL
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-12, 05:24

I really like the moves the lions have made so far nate is gonna make a huge impact if you ask me. It may not be reflected in his stats, but he is gonna make megatrons life so much easier, and stafford is gonna have a couple weapons now, and i think he has a really nice year. still unless they make huge changes on that defense i dont think anyone in that division needs too give them a second thought they should still be the two free wins everyone receives from them in that division.
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-18, 17:53

So im one of the few diehard lions fans out there and am very happy to see us moving in the right direction FINALLY. We are past the horrid Matt Millen era (it makes me sick that he actually has a job as a sports commentator) and think weve got the right coach in Jim Schwartz. They did good in the draft last year w/ Stafford, Pettigrew, Delmas and Levy and hope they can do the same this year. We have got to beef up the offensive line and having Vanden Bosch should help out our D. Weve got a long ways to go but like I said were making strides in the right direction. I picked up season tix dirt cheap and will be happy as long as we improve our record. We cant afford to take any more steps backwards.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty2010-03-22, 04:15

^^^^ the lions will probably win 5 or 6 games this season they should've won 5 games this past season but their QB threw away a couple of games that they had a very good chance of winning but i hope stafford shines for the lions b/c im a huge fan of calvin dude is a straight BEAST!!!!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lions making big moves   Lions making big moves Empty

Back to top Go down

Lions making big moves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next