Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

I HATE THIS GAME!!!

Go down 
+4
B-__-R-__-B
PeytonMvPManning
CookieMonsta
thomamon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-05

I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty
PostSubject: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 20:24

I can't take it anymore, I just threw my PS3 controller against the wall as hard as I can. This game infuriates me, no matter how much I practice all I can do is throw interceptions.

I just played a game, Dallas against the Giants. 3 times I marched down the field and 3 times I throw an interception, with 5 total in the game. I dominated them in offense, they only won because of my damn turn overs.

They really need to do something about this and fix it for the next version, its totally unrealistic.
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 20:53

Um, don't throw into coverage? I'm not trying to be jerk, but I'm not sure what else to tell you. Maybe try some plays with easier reads and money routes. Try learning to rocket catch. Use a better QB then Romo? idk man, just practice passing I guess, or stick to running the ball.
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 20:58

CookieMonsta wrote:
Um, don't throw into coverage? I'm not trying to be jerk, but I'm not sure what else to tell you. Maybe try some plays with easier reads and money routes. Try learning to rocket catch. Use a better QB then Romo? idk man, just practice passing I guess, or stick to running the ball.
Dude, I've tried all that. Besides that, I throw to a wide open receive for a guy to suddenly appear and intercept it. Meanwhile when I am on defense, they will throw the ball to a guy who has 4 men covering him and some how he manages to catch it.

I have no clue how to rocket catch, its not in the manual. I've asked before on how to do it, but nobody answers. The documentation is awful that comes with the game and unfortunately they don't sell a Madden Guide.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 21:20

buy one of our ebooks, that should help tremendously
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 21:22

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
buy one of our ebooks, that should help tremendously
Maybe I am totally blind, but I don't see them.
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 21:41

look right above the chatbox
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 21:43

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
I don't want a Tampa Playbook when I am the Cowboys, lol. What good will that do me?
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 21:45

TB playbook is really nice
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 21:47

thomamon wrote:
PeytonMvPManning wrote:
I don't want a Tampa Playbook when I am the Cowboys, lol. What good will that do me?

you dont have to use your teams PB ya know? u can use other playbooks its not against the rules.... obviously what your using isnt working so why not try out the tampa playbook?
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 21:55

Either your...
A. Throwing into coverage
B. Dropping back to far so when you see a receiver open and throw it, the defense can recover and get their
C. Throwing on the run and the ball is sailing

You have to be doing one of those things and your going to have to face it if you want to get any better
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:05

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
Either your...
A. Throwing into coverage
B. Dropping back to far so when you see a receiver open and throw it, the defense can recover and get their
C. Throwing on the run and the ball is sailing

You have to be doing one of those things and your going to have to face it if you want to get any better
I am confused what you mean with B. I know the guys are not covered as I throw the ball, but as they receive it coverage is there. I also am not on the run most of the time, I've worked at that. But dropping back?
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:12

Try this bro

Go to shotgun split
Pick 689 hook

Put the formation as TE backfield to make sure Witten is the right side split back and put Miles Austen as the third WR so he is the slot reciever.

Now when you come out the first thing you do is smart route the slot reciever to a right stick press down. That just shortens his cut. Then when he gets to the line read the defense, I generally smart route Miles either on an inside slant or an outside slant depending on coverage.

When you hike the ball just read those two, Witten and Miles. If the coverage goes to Miles hit Witten. If it does not hit Miles.
Next work on the HB on the curl, it is Barber over the middle. It is another easy read, if the MLB rushes he is open, if he does not he is covered. If he is covered dump it off to Witten.

So now you have only 2 reads first Miles then Barber, then if they are not open hit the dump off to Witten.

Practice reading the coverage on the slot reciever and the halfback curl. If they are not open hit Witten in the flat.

There are many ways to exploit the 689 hook play, but I will leave it at that for now to keep it simple.

Good luck

PS. You need to make the read and the throw in 2 seconds

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2010-02-17, 22:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:15

When I get inside the 20 yard line I always try to take care of the ball #1. People I notice inside the 20 yard line like to play a cover 2. So here is what I do this might help you. Find a play where you have the TE going to the flats. Hot route your far WR on the left to do a drag and the far right WR to do a fade. Hike the ball if you see the FS and SS going to the side lines it is Cover 2 throw it to your fade route. Make sure you wait awhile. If you see cover 3 always hit the TE. Run draws and stuff to mix it up inside the 20.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:22

Pick out a playbook and get to know it. Look for a balance of runs and passes use play action, run on each side put motion in it. Mix it up so they can't figure out where your going. Slow it down take your time at it then when you got them guessing the wrong area your going speed it up get them back pedaling.
It's just a game bro... no throwing the controllers
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:23

CapnCrunch wrote:
Try this bro

Go to shotgun split
Pick 689 hook

Put the formation as TE backfield to make sure Witten is the right side split back and put Miles Austen as the third WR so he is the slot reciever.

Now when you come out the first thing you do is smart route the slot reciever to a right stick press down. That just shortens his cut. Then when he gets to the line read the defense, I generally smart route Miles either on an inside slant or an outside slant depending on coverage.

When you hike the ball just read those two, Witten and Miles. If the coverage goes to Miles hit Witten. If it does not hit Miles.
Next work on the HB on the curl, it is Barber over the middle. It is another easy read, if the MLB rushes he is open, if he does not he is covered. If he is covered dump it off to Witten.

So now you have only 2 reads first Miles then Barber, then if they are not open hit the dump off to Witten.

Practice reading the coverage on the slot reciever and the halfback curl. If they are not open hit Witten in the flat.

There are many ways to exploit the 689 hook play, but I will leave it at that for now to keep it simple.

Good luck

PS. You need to make the read and the throw in 2 seconds
Thanks so much for this! I have another quick question about it.

How do I change the formation to TE Backfield? And is there an easy way to change Austin to 3rd receiver? Also, what is a smart route? Can you explain that?
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:24

dracocepheus wrote:
Pick out a playbook and get to know it. Look for a balance of runs and passes use play action, run on each side put motion in it. Mix it up so they can't figure out where your going. Slow it down take your time at it then when you got them guessing the wrong area your going speed it up get them back pedaling.
It's just a game bro... no throwing the controllers
I know, I know. I get so determined when i want to do good at something and can't... My wife thinks I'm nuts Smile
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:26

c4jun wrote:
When I get inside the 20 yard line I always try to take care of the ball #1. People I notice inside the 20 yard line like to play a cover 2. So here is what I do this might help you. Find a play where you have the TE going to the flats. Hot route your far WR on the left to do a drag and the far right WR to do a fade. Hike the ball if you see the FS and SS going to the side lines it is Cover 2 throw it to your fade route. Make sure you wait awhile. If you see cover 3 always hit the TE. Run draws and stuff to mix it up inside the 20.
I guess I need to learn more about football. How do you set a WR to do a drag or a fade?
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:36

Let me go fire it up, so I don't steer ya wrong

BRB
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:41

CapnCrunch wrote:
Let me go fire it up, so I don't steer ya wrong

BRB
Thanks, i really appreciate it... Do you have AIM?
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:45

Formation

Gun
SplitCowboy
Package normal puts Witten in the backfield so no need to do anything, but FYI right stick left or right changes packages

Start button
Coaching option
Depth chart
Scroll to WRs changes recievers

To hot route
At line of scrimmage
Hit Y
Then choose reciever
Then choose route

Do all this in practice mode to get it down first
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:47

No I just have a little Google phone

Can't help you there, but if you ask around maybe someone will go online with you and you can lab with them
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 22:52

Thanks so much! Gonna go try it right now. What does it mean to change a package?
CapnCrunch wrote:
Formation

Gun
SplitCowboy
Package normal puts Witten in the backfield so no need to do anything, but FYI right stick left or right changes packages

Start button
Coaching option
Depth chart

To hot route
At line of scrimmage
Hit Y
Then choose reciever
Then choose route

Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 23:20

CapnCrunch wrote:
Formation

Gun
SplitCowboy

Start button
Coaching option
Depth chart

To hot route
At line of scrimmage
Hit Y
Then choose reciever
Then choose route

This is for 689 hook, right?
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 23:27

Yes
Back to top Go down
thomamon
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty2010-02-17, 23:32

CapnCrunch wrote:
Yes
Thanks! Feel free to pass on any other plays!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I HATE THIS GAME!!!   I HATE THIS GAME!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I HATE THIS GAME!!!
Page 1 of 1