Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?

Go down 
+2
Th3 Ac3r
oldskoolque
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldskoolque
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-17

What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty
PostSubject: What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?   What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty2010-02-02, 15:57

Sup fellaz, I'm having a lil problem with getting teams off the field after holding the offense to 3rd down and something like 7 - 15 yds for the first. I am a 4-3 Defensive guy, but I would appreciate anyone who has some good defensive play calls to share when in that situation. Most of the time I get beat across the middle. A good Zone Blitz call that is a definate 3rd down stopper would be nice. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?   What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty2010-02-02, 16:56

Cover 3 out of Dollar.. Shade the zones to the middle and you could hot route the flats to buzzes
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?   What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty2010-02-02, 19:53

sorta depends who your facing if you think theyll punt if its 4th and 2 or 5 or something then might as well do something like cover 4 or 3. but if you know they wont youll prolly want to do something like a cover 2 and try to get pressure quick. and dont do a 4-3 in this situation and if you must drop one of em back into coverage.
Back to top Go down
mayne
New MS Member
New MS Member
mayne

Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?   What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty2010-02-08, 12:35

I SAY COVER 2 OUT OF THE DIME BROS
Back to top Go down
mayne
New MS Member
New MS Member
mayne

Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?   What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty2010-02-08, 12:36

4-6 IS ALWAYS GOOD IF U PLAY ON THE FS N CAN DEFEND REALLY WELL DEEP DOWN THE FIELD WITH HIM.
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?   What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty2010-02-08, 14:13

evry1 play call is diff.try to pick his tendecies.if he like doin short,dinky passes run cover 2 or cover sink..
Back to top Go down
oldskoolque
New MS Member
New MS Member

Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?   What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty2010-02-15, 16:29

Well...those things you guys have mentioned I've tried....Cover 2 and Cover 2 Sink seems to get smoked by either TE Post across the middle behind the LB....OR....to the sidelines between the corner and saftie on that side. Yo..Th3 Ac3r....are u saying it's not necessary to change the CB's flat zones to buzz zones? If you are saying that I DO need to do that....well how DO u change CB's Flat zones to Buzz zones? I'm on PS3...thanks for your help guys.
Back to top Go down
irobson
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?   What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty2010-02-15, 16:34

i like the cover 2 sink out of the dollar...put both de's into contain incase of screens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?   What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the BEST Defense to call in 3rd down and medium to long range for a 1st down?
Page 1 of 1