Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
APallday29
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-12-22

NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty
PostSubject: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 11:13

Hey guys I am new to madden (last one I owned had Barry sanders n Jerry rice in the game!). I am trying to figure out th bEst defensive plays to use in the obv running passing short yardage long situations. I know my question is very open ended but like I Said I am new to this n have a lot to learn. Thanks for your help in advance!!
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 11:32

run the ball with AP keep the D off the field and hope they throw a pick cause minn run d is amazing
Back to top Go down
APallday29
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 11:35

Should I not blitz as much then? Try n let my line get to the qb?
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo61793
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 12:50

I used to play with Minnesota and in order to stop them you have to mix it up and be 50/50. AP is a beast but he also fumbles. I used to win games based on there defense and Jared Allen's ability to rush the passer and make them throw picks. The Vikings pass defense isnt all thaty good so you have to get pressure....you cant justlet them sit there and get time. Run with AP but keep you shouldnt run him more than 4-5 times in a row. Ap have costed me games so be careful....He's a beast and will put on a clinic but you have to watch him though
Back to top Go down
APallday29
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 13:14

Thanks Lorenzo I'm def gonna try to control the time of possession. From what I can tell then I guess I should stay in the 3-4 defense strictly unless in long situations? Do you guys recommend running those practices to get better or should I play games and practice there?

Thanks again for everyones input n being patient. I really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
EnglishVikingFanChris
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 13:20

Hey man,

With the Vikes the best D I reckon would be the 46 D playbook. Good for creating some quick nano blitz and has some good coverage in there. Best way to practice I find is to play in Pracise for a while and then play on All Madden against the Colts/Saints. Practice makes permanent not perfect so makesure you practice right.

Go Vikings!
Back to top Go down
APallday29
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 13:34

Awesome tips thanks. Again these q's may be dumb but is the 46D pb an option for the vikes or is that another teams pb I gotta add to minn? Also how do I "create" a nano blitz? I can draw up my own plays n add them to the pb?
Back to top Go down
EnglishVikingFanChris
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 13:37

The 46 D playbook is a completely new playbook, scroll all the way to the right of the Minn one and u will eventually findit.

A Nano Blitz is a blitz that creates pressure within like a second, hence the word Nano, If you ask on here and search through the Therads Im sure u will find some nice ones to use.
Back to top Go down
APallday29
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 13:44

Ok I'm gonna search through the threads for sure. When you say "practice right" what did you mean?
Back to top Go down
EnglishVikingFanChris
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 14:56

Well just play games against friends, against the CPU, use the practice section in game modes to round your game out. You can also ask for lab sections on here which is basically trying out new plays against players from this website in an unranked game. Hope i've helped.
Back to top Go down
APallday29
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty2009-12-22, 15:13

You've been a big help. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!   NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips! Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW PLAYER using minn defense need tips!
Page 1 of 1