Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

GL Off Tackle Stopper

Go down 
+4
Skane3
Madden's Finest 200
B-__-R-__-B
Th3 Ac3r
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty
PostSubject: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-15, 17:35

I've been having trouble stopping cheesers who run this the whole gm, and i labbed intenesly last night on how to stop it and this is what ive come up with

46 Normal: Rush Outside

1. Spread Line and crash them out
2. Reblitz both DT's
3. User safety

Also you want to spotlight the tailback. Their is another way to set this up too

2. Reblitz both DT's
3. Assign safety in deep zone to cover the tailback man to man
4. Take control of defender who is assigned to the fullback and follow the run

I find the second way to be more successful because the safety will follow the tailback and so will the defender you have..so you essentially have 2 people in spys on the tailback..the DT's attack the weak point,the guards..one of the guards will pull leaving one of the DT's to atleast disrupt the run a little..if he tries to break it outside you will have both DE's rushing out and then the 2 corners coming off the edge..most people like to cut it outside,so this play will shut that down..the only weakness of this play is the cutback lane that opens up if you over pursue with the safety..just watch for that

hope this helps dancer
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-18, 04:23

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
I've been having trouble stopping cheesers who run this the whole gm, and i labbed intenesly last night on how to stop it and this is what ive come up with

2. Reblitz both DT's
3. User safety

Also you want to spotlight the tailback. Their is another way to set this up too

2. Reblitz both DT's

I find the second way to be more successful because the safety will follow the tailback and so will the defender you have..so you essentially have 2 people in spys on the tailback..the DT's attack the weak point,the guards..one of the guards will pull leaving one of the DT's to atleast disrupt the run a little..if he tries to break it outside you will have both DE's rushing out and then the 2 corners coming off the edge..most people like to cut it outside,so this play will shut that down..the only weakness of this play is the cutback lane that opens up if you over pursue with the safety..just watch for that

hope this helps GL Off Tackle Stopper 970642

real nice setup man! i gotta similar setup outta the 4-4, same result though! lol
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-18, 04:31

Th3 Ac3r wrote:

2. Reblitz both DT's
3. User safety

2. Reblitz both DT's

hope this helps dancer
i have another one that has better coverage. 3-4 normal qb contain.
Audible down from quarters and DON'T press coverage, because you might get unbumped for a TD. pinch your lbs and your D-line, and user it with your safety. It has 2 yellow zones so that you cant get beat over the middle also, plus it has decent coverage since you have corners covering TE since its goaline.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-18, 04:38

I'm da ish in madden wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:

2. Reblitz both DT's
3. User safety

2. Reblitz both DT's

hope this helps GL Off Tackle Stopper 970642
i have another one that has better coverage. 3-4 normal qb contain.
Audible down from quarters and DON'T press coverage, because you might get unbumped for a TD. pinch your lbs and your D-line, and user it with your safety. It has 2 yellow zones so that you cant get beat over the middle also, plus it has decent coverage since you have corners covering TE since its goaline.

mines has 3 yellow zones and two deep blue zones that i mess around with occasionally your way is real nice too ima try it out! lol
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-18, 05:25

just got it to where i can smash the QB before he hands the ball off to the back on GL off tackle. lol
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-18, 05:26

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
just got it to where i can smash the QB before he hands the ball off to the back on GL off tackle. lol
what play and is it only in the 4-4?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-18, 05:27

ya its in the 4-4 unfortunatley.... but its what im rockin right now. lol
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-18, 12:25

U can stop Goaline Off tackle with Nickel Odd Splitt and 3 Quaters Deep..
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo61793
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-18, 12:43

I think you should do a man blitz where your outside blitzers contain the side where he runs and this is how i stop off tackle runners. People dont really run sucessfully on me because I know how to stop them. Another think you have to realize is that some people get beat by their formations. Just think. If you see 2 RB 2TE and 1 WR you should think 46 or blitz. 5WR equals dollar. just think.
Back to top Go down
David noooooooo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
David noooooooo

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-19, 16:40

what does crashing the line mean ?
Back to top Go down
SavageMac816
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
SavageMac816

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-19, 17:52

i can tell u sgibs7 goalline offtackle sack d.
goalline 3 deep man.
setup:
audible to this play from quarter
blitz left n right side linebacker(l1+right stick down, r1 + right stick down)
turbo blitz with saftey through a gap.just go to practice mode n get the feel for it. sgibs7 im sure everyone appreciates this d.ty for sharing it.i don't wanna make it look like i stole this form u.got to give the credit to where its due.
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty2010-01-19, 21:51

I have one that brings in one rusher and brings it down in the backfield every time if setup right.
3-4 Solid Cover 3
Hot route all defensive lineman to qb spys.
Bring the linebackers in yellow down to the line.
Blitz your safety and bring him down to about 5 yards back. Turbo blitz in or normal rush in.

Your welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GL Off Tackle Stopper   GL Off Tackle Stopper Empty

Back to top Go down

GL Off Tackle Stopper
Page 1 of 1