Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??

Go down 
+14
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL
leke2cool
rockywrist989
EggzOverEazy
CJDAWGG14
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
bigbuddah
Fudopi is That Dude
Mcnair2Wycheck
BoSpOrTsFaN
Mickey
BOSTN BEANER
yaboy510
Angell08
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Angell08
Financial Supporter
Financial Supporter
Angell08

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-12-17

How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty
PostSubject: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-23, 15:36

I was wondering if certain people have different tackling techniques?....i have seen different strategies....i was playing online and a guy just tried stripping it the whole time and was very effective?....is this a strategy or depends on the situation?
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-23, 15:39

i do hit stick high if my player has the weapon and low if they dont
Back to top Go down
Angell08
Financial Supporter
Financial Supporter
Angell08

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-23, 16:39

i usually do that too but find a lot of times a miss tackles but when i just click X it tackles em almost every time....
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-23, 19:00

I always use the strip button until the end of the game if i need a stop.. if u use the strip button u get a lot more face mask penalties and it gets frustrating but i can deal with it until the final drive then i use the hit stick a lot. its the risk vs reward factor that pays off when u get fumbles during the game but just not worth the risk at the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-23, 19:05

I have had my fair share of face mask penelties...I recommend to just dive at em unless you feel comfortable with the hitstick. I also noticed if you try to strip on the ball side the success rate is alot higher. Trying to strip from the back or the side opposite of the ball usually ends up a penelty.
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-23, 19:23

if you need to cause a fumble then strip. if its a person who dowsn't have the ball much or you are on the ball side of the guy w/ the ball then strip. i hit stick in the open feild and dive at the rush up the middle and at the QB
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-23, 21:07

I hit stick low most of the time. The only time I hit stick high is on an out of position or defenseles player. Or if I REALLY need a fumble. I tried using the strip button for a 3 or 4 game span and it just resulted in a lot of bad tackling and no fumbles.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-23, 22:14

I do what yaboy said exactly...

but that's just because I've been good with hitstick since 05 when it was introduced, if you're not good with it I wouldn't recommend it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-23, 22:16

It seems to me like the hit stick high only works when you have perfect positioning. Plus the low hit stick is a much more sure tackle.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-24, 05:32

i do a combo of hit stick and strip...i mostly hit stick up and down depends if i remember to use the up stick and i strip on the inside runs and stuff
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-24, 11:50

mostly i jsut hitstick low becuase i can do it very quick because im fast on the stick and i got good reflects....but everytime the break a tackle or something i jsut keep tapping x buttton (or A on my 360) then someone comes up behinde them and about2 out of 7 times the ball comes out..so i dont no...jsut the hitstick most on the time
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-24, 16:29

iTz Unr3al wrote:
mostly i jsut hitstick low becuase i can do it very quick because im fast on the stick and i got good reflects....but everytime the break a tackle or something i jsut keep tapping x buttton (or A on my 360) then someone comes up behinde them and about2 out of 7 times the ball comes out..so i dont no...jsut the hitstick most on the time

Same. It's easy to just do that flicking motion from circle to the low hit stick.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-24, 16:33

if your trying to hitstick, make sure you strafe so that you have better position and the same thing for the strip also. only strip when you need the ball. don't hitstick when you need a stop, just dive tackle because you risk a chance of your opponent breaking the tackle or you just missing and them getting better yards.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-24, 16:43

Oh and Brian dawkins has saved me countless touchdowns by forcing fumbles...
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-24, 16:50

I find that the low hitstick is a very sure tackle if you time it properly.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-24, 16:51

same here...

But I wouldn't use it in short yardage cause they fly forward a lot...
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2008-12-24, 16:59

yo - i hit stick EVERYTHING. when i make a mistake i usually give up an extra 2-4 yards, but sometimes i can give up a touchdown going for the hit stick. i do cause A LOT of fumbles though.

i think your safest bet is to not hit anything at all, and just run into your opponent and then start hitting a tackle button (because it seems like thats how you prevent the runner from breaking tackles).

ALSO - it is very, very important to learn how to dive tackle. this will save you many times if you can get the timing down. you want to work it out so that when you dive your player will wrap up the ball carrier's feet (you've seen the animation before), i've rarely, if ever, seen this tackle broken.
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2009-01-27, 12:43

i mix up my hitsticking and stripping, but i gotta try out that strafe thing
Back to top Go down
leke2cool
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leke2cool

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2009-02-02, 13:47

if the ball is on the right hand of ur opponent and u are coming from the right try to strip the ball and u will never get penalize, but if the ball is on the right hand of ur opponent and u are coming from the left u have to try to dive because if u try to strip u will get penalize most of the time.
Back to top Go down
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2009-02-02, 15:02

people need to start hitting the tackle button than just going for the hit stick, because smart opponents just move out of the way
Back to top Go down
S0UND_THE_CHARGE
New MS Member
New MS Member
S0UND_THE_CHARGE

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2009-02-02, 17:01

i usually do hit stick and it will cause a fumble...if i try to strip it i usually just get a face mask penalty...and if i use a basic tackle they just break it..
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2009-12-05, 05:51

I hit stick or strip occasionally, but I mostly dive tackle.

I believe in playing good, sound, fundamental defense. I'm about making stops and forcing punts rather than creating the big play.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2009-12-05, 09:06

[TRMG] xl23lx iMMoRTaL wrote:
people need to start hitting the tackle button than just going for the hit stick, because smart opponents just move out of the way

There is no tackle button. There's a diving button.

I hitstick everything in close space. I usually dive everything in the open field.
Back to top Go down
DaBears-Rawr-
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty2009-12-05, 09:35

stripping can be just as good as hitsticking.
best time to strip is when the person just catches the ball. Dont try it when its a deep catch since he might just break one guy's tackle and hes gone. Do it when its over the middle so if u dont get it and he breaks a tackle he'll be open for a big hit or just another strip attempt lol. Also it works good to cause incompletions toward guys who dont have good catching since they'll break the arm tackle but they'll drop the ball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??   How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle?? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to tackle? Hit stick, strip technique, or just make the sure tackle??
Page 1 of 1