Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

kick return help?

Go down 
+15
Skane3
IASI Desperado
AshBlackstone
so much swag
Mr. 5oh3
leke2cool
Dboyz214
frvwfr2
B-__-R-__-B
lewzilla
iTofu
Unexplaned_Bacon
Th3 Ac3r
rezzew
b0yle da b0ss
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
b0yle da b0ss
New MS Member
New MS Member
b0yle da b0ss

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-11

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-11, 19:43

Sup im not bad at kick returns but just wondering is there anything I can do to improve my game?
Back to top Go down
rezzew
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-12

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-11, 20:02

Well make sure you're returning with the best/fastest guy in your depth chart.....next look upfield to see where the defenders are falling down and head that way. Also look to run towards the sidelines...it's your best bet at taking one back for 6.
Back to top Go down
b0yle da b0ss
New MS Member
New MS Member
b0yle da b0ss

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-11

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-11, 20:10

Yea i usually do kick return middle fake inside and cut to the outside and i get good kick returns but i was just wondering if theres any special techniques to take it back to the house more then often. Theres alot of big play tips ive seen on here but just havent seen any for kick returns/punt returns
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-11, 20:43

i usually kick return left,and pray that he kicks it left dancer
Back to top Go down
Unexplaned_Bacon
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-01-07

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-11, 21:19

i always put my fastest RB back there b/c he is most likely to break tackles. I always to kick middle. Then a lil bit before i get there i do a good spin move and that most of the time gets me good yardage but not normaly a td as the Bernard Scott isnt super fast.
Back to top Go down
rezzew
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-12

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-11, 21:26

Main thing is follow your blockers and just look to see where the defenders are falling down. When I return a kick I do not look directly in front of me, but rather look up field towards what holes are opening up. Try that and let us know if it helps you out any.

Also faking inside then running out is probably not going to help you much, its all about the blockers and defenders getting blocked/falling down from my experience.
Back to top Go down
iTofu
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-18

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-13, 11:50

I usually choose kick return middle. I choose a KR that is fast, but if there are two high speed players I tend to pick the one that I think I can break a tackle with. For my second kick returner I try to pick a half-legit KR (not necessarily fast) with blocking skills.

When the ball is kicked, I take control of the 2nd KR and place him to a few yards in front of me, but a couple yards toward the sideline (several yards if the kick is in the middle) which I want run toward. Then I follow a little to the inside of the 2nd KR and try to visualize the blocks. In the best situation the 2nd KR seals off the outside, giving the opportunity to get to the outside, where KR TDs are made.

Sometimes I turbo from the beginning, sometimes I turbo at the moment the 2nd KR picks up the block and I'm trying to squeeze into the open on the outside. Depends how it plays out.

Any time the ball is kicked away from the middle there is a good chance you can take it to the house. I think most people know that though.
Back to top Go down
lewzilla
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-01-12

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-13, 12:04

i just returned 3 kick returns online wth sproles, using him and cromatie together was nice, i drag one back and have the lateral option available lol.

best tip.. don't sprint from the start, patience is obv key then burst into the hole, just like the commentator says LOL.. about the hole thing cracks me up.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-13, 12:08

iTofu wrote:
I usually choose kick return middle. I choose a KR that is fast, but if there are two high speed players I tend to pick the one that I think I can break a tackle with. For my second kick returner I try to pick a half-legit KR (not necessarily fast) with blocking skills.

if i have two fullbacks then ill put my 2nd fullback at that 2nd slot on my KR depth chart to maximize blocking, or the guy that has the highest impact blocking. lol
Back to top Go down
frvwfr2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-31

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-13, 14:02

What exactly is Impact Blocking?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-13, 14:06

frvwfr2 wrote:
What exactly is Impact Blocking?

i really actually dont know but i figured it was kinda like blocking in the open field. lol i really have no clue though thats why i went off that cuz on a kick return i would say there run or pass blocking so i kinda just figured they were impact blocking. but dont listen to me i really dont know about what impact blocking does. thats just what i do and i find it works. i dont try and but big long kick returns for TD's i mean if its there then ill take to the house but if not then im trying to get to the 30+ yardline so is to have better field position.
Back to top Go down
frvwfr2
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-10-31

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-13, 14:25

Ok. As the Chargers, I put VJ in as the 2nd KR, as he is the best blocker that is available in the list, and pretty fast. Funny story, Sproles was out for a play because he was tired or something, so VJ got the return, and he took it all the way back.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-13, 14:39

frvwfr2 wrote:
Ok. As the Chargers, I put VJ in as the 2nd KR, as he is the best blocker that is available in the list, and pretty fast. Funny story, Sproles was out for a play because he was tired or something, so VJ got the return, and he took it all the way back.

haha thats dope man but me like when i ball with the texans andre johnson is the best blocker but i put james casey in cuz he's my 2nd string FB so i dont have to worry about andre getting injured. if i was u i would put mike tolbert in at that 2nd KR spot cuz he's a backup and you wont have to worrry about jackson getting injured. but if it works for you to have VJ there by all means do it bruh! lol
Back to top Go down
Dboyz214
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dboyz214

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-12

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-13, 14:50

YO!!!! " just returned 3 kick returns online wth sproles, using him and cromatie together was nice, i drag one back and have the lateral option available lol."

BY ANY CHANCE WERE U PLAYIN KLUB214??? NOT A JOKE A DUDE RAN 3 ON ME W SPROLES....
kick return help? 411352
Back to top Go down
leke2cool
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leke2cool

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-16

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-14, 01:23

the best way to improve your kick return is to control ur back mlb in the center of the feild. sprint him backward after the kick. i ways get atleaste 2 kick return td a gm with dis method.
Back to top Go down
Mr. 5oh3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mr. 5oh3

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2009-11-13

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-14, 01:27

its more about using your blockers then anything else
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-14, 01:59

i'm hurting big time with this!!!!
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-14, 04:07

Whatever you do, don't do that lame weaving thing that most people do. All it does is cost them yardage. Running East and West isn't going to get you in the end zone.

Follow your blocks, keep it north and south as much as possible, use your fastest guy, and look up field for any pancake blocks.

I return quite a few kickoffs for TDs.
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-17, 15:48

what about defending kick off returns any help on keeping people to reasonable gains and like it seems ppl just get monsterous blocks on the outside and they are gone all the time
Back to top Go down
leke2cool
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
leke2cool

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-16

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-17, 15:52

IASI Desperado wrote:
what about defending kick off returns any help on keeping people to reasonable gains and like it seems ppl just get monsterous blocks on the outside and they are gone all the time
instead of trying to go around the blockers, attack the blockers with the right stick.
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-17, 17:57

Follow yor blocks.Watch if yur oppenet keeps hitsticking,(gives u more time since yur defender is on the ground) and highlight stick.. But sumtimes i like to do a little option by takin my other return man and loopin him around when the ball is the air..
Back to top Go down
chaoticbuc3125
New MS Member
New MS Member
chaoticbuc3125

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-01-03

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-17, 18:07

I personally

Put my fastest player or most elusive as returner
Then I put my best blocking WR as 2nd string kick returner

As the ball is kickd I drag 2nd string returner down as the ball is comin, and try to make people miss and follow the blockers
Back to top Go down
IASI Desperado
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-01-20

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-19, 17:35

leke2cool wrote:
IASI Desperado wrote:
instead of trying to go around the blockers, attack the blockers with the right stick.
actually the opposite has had better results for me trying to zigzag and miss the blockers seems to work better whenever I go at the blocker and use the hitstick up I usually get knocked down
Back to top Go down
VinniePaz24
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-01-08

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-19, 17:51

Use Percy Harvin that should help you out lol. For some reason he breaks 5 tackles a game for my me on KR and trucks for 5 yards on the reg.
Back to top Go down
SavageMac816
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
SavageMac816

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-04-04

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty2010-01-19, 17:54

one thing important is to not getitng to fancy.pick a lane n sprint if it starts to close i'd prefer u to spin outside..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

kick return help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: kick return help?   kick return help? Empty

Back to top Go down

kick return help?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next