Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Gates taken off PUP list, back to practice for Chargers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Gates taken off PUP list, back to practice for Chargers Empty
PostSubject: Gates taken off PUP list, back to practice for Chargers   Gates taken off PUP list, back to practice for Chargers Empty2008-08-20, 00:18

Chargers TE Gates returns to practice

Associated Press

Living a fantasy

NFL.com's Michael Fabiano rates the Chargers' Antonio Gates as the best tight end option in fantasy football for the 2008 season:

Gates taken off PUP list, back to practice for Chargers A_Gates_081808_igb » 1.: Antonio Gates, Chargers
» 2.: Jason Witten, Cowboys
» 3.: Kellen Winslow, Browns
» 4.: Tony Gonzalez, Chiefs
» 5.: Chris Cooley, Redskins
» 6.: Dallas Clark, Colts
» 7.: Jeremey Shockey, Saints

» Complete tight end fantasy rankings

SAN DIEGO -- Chargers tight end Antonio Gates was taken off the physically unable to perform list on Tuesday and participated in parts of practice after passing a physical.
Gates had surgery nearly six months ago to repair a tear in the plantar plate of his left foot. He injured his left big toe during a playoff game against Tennessee last January. He was placed on the PUP list in late July.
"Today was a pretty good day. I really pushed it. I gave it my all to see what I could do," said Gates, a Pro Bowl selection each of the past four seasons.
He said his prospects look good for playing in the regular-season opener against the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 7, but only if he doesn't have any setbacks with his foot.
"I hate to look so far down the road because this is a tricky situation," Gates said. "It's one of those things where it feels really good one day and you come back another day and it's sore.
"It's one of those injuries where you have to really monitor and make sure I'm not overdoing it."

Gates taken off PUP list, back to practice for Chargers Free_Fantasy_235x90

If Gates hadn't passed a physical before the final roster cutdown on Aug. 30, he would have been required to miss the first six games of the regular season.
Defensive end Luis Castillo also returned to practice after missing most of the past two weeks due to back pain. Castillo signed a five-year, $43 million contract last month.
Pro Bowl linebacker Shawne Merriman (knee) missed both of Tuesday's practices.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
Back to top Go down

Gates taken off PUP list, back to practice for Chargers
Page 1 of 1