Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Titans help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bigd42261
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Titans help Empty
PostSubject: Titans help   Titans help Empty2009-12-31, 11:10

I'm having trouble getting anything going, what plays work the best?
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Titans help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans help   Titans help Empty2009-12-31, 12:02

Do you mean the Titans playbook, or just using the Titans team in general?
Back to top Go down
bigd42261
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Titans help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans help   Titans help Empty2009-12-31, 12:23

in general
Back to top Go down
alman11
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Titans help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans help   Titans help Empty2009-12-31, 12:27

Try running counter to the weak side and getting to the outside with Johnson. If you get daylight and you got some stick skill then it should be an easy TD.
Also, I know it's really annoying, but dump it off to the flats and if Johnson is by himself then he can do some damage.
Back to top Go down
Cboy918
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Titans help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans help   Titans help Empty2009-12-31, 15:57

The Titans are one of the teams I like to use in Madden as well. I'm a VY and CJ fan so I'll use them even though they're not the most talented team. Personally my offensive strategy is to use the pass to set up the run, and with the Titans that would be an effective strategy because any opponent will key in on VY and CJ and test your passing ability.

For instance, on first down, most people like to run the ball, and when using the Titans handing the ball off to CJ isn't a bad idea. But when the defense usually blitzes their OLB's to stop CJ from getting outside, you'll most likely get stopped for a loss. That sets up a second and long and forces you to pass. So what I like to do is use double TE formations to keep the defense honest. Plus the Titans have two good TE's in B. Scaife & J. Cook, so have them on the field to give the look of run, but they are effective pass catchers.

You're gonna have to lab your passing attack to get better, but one formation I like to use is the snugs formation which is usually 4 Wr's, two on each side bunched together. Sub in the TE's in the slot, and motion one of them to one side and set up a passing tree. For instance, I'll have the WR run a corner, and the two Te's run a outside slant, and one running a drag across the middle. With VY you can make those throws, but if you're being pressured you can roll out and hit the drag or hit CJ in the flat. I wish I could upload a picture of this, but unfortunately I can't at the moment. This formation also has a toss outside that is deadly with CJ's speed. But don't use it right away, because the defense will be looking for it everytime you come out in this formation.

Also on special teams, sub in Nate Washington as your KR and PR. He has a 93 speed and has decent agility, I ran back two 102 yd kick returns last night using him. Some people will put CJ back there to return kicks, but thats your main man, and putting him on special teams gets him fatigued faster and he'll be on the field for only a few plays before being subbed out for Lendale White. And yeah, Lendale isn't that good in the game.

VY isn't the best qb, so don't put him in situations where you need to make a 20 yd pass in between a LB and a safety, most of the time he'll throw a bad pass and it'll be picked. So passes to the flats, slants and drags over the middle and even fade routes are effective with VY. But come on, he's a mobile qb so don't just drop back every play and expect him to be like Peyton Manning, roll out and make the defense account for him. One play I like to use is the shotgun, HB screen (don't remember the formation name?). Run to the opposite side of the screen, have your TE run a flat to that side, and have your slot WR run an outside slant, and your outside WR run an inside slant. You can hit your TE for a quick pass and get 5-8 yds, after a few passes to the TE, you can pass to CJ for the screen.

Those are a few things I like to do with the Titans. Hopefully that'll help you get going with the Titans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Titans help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans help   Titans help Empty

Back to top Go down

Titans help
Page 1 of 1