Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
str8balling_420
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty
PostSubject: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 13:53

First off just let me say I am fairly new to the Madden series (havent played it since PS2 days like 06 / 07) but I still know the basics. I have been looking over these forums quite a bit to try to improve my online play (24-12 atm but mostly beating people who suck lol). I am currently running with the NYJ PB and using primarily the 46 Normal and 3-4 defensive sets. As the skill level of people I play rises I realize just running the base plays out of these formations isnt going to cut it against skilled players because they just find the open zones on pass ect. I wont ask for specific plays because I know there is already tons of other threads out there giving different play types for these defensive schemes so here are my primary concerns.

1. I have a hard time getting all my adjustments off before the players snaps the ball (lol?). I know I will get better at this with practice ect but plays where I have to manually shift / blitz like 5 individual players I can never get all the adjustments off and it just makes the play mess up.

2. Can both the run and pass be effectively stopped out of just the 3-4 (multiple formations) and 46 Normal that come w/ the NYJ PB or do I need to dip into nickle , dime , ect ?

3. Any tips for a semi-new player w/ my current d schemes? =)

Thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to take the time to read this / help me out I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 14:54

hmm....if your having trouble making all of your adjustment try starting before they get to the line..like when they break the huddle they always show the qb just immediatley press the right trigger (or R2 on ps3) to get to the normal view and start..i find it hard to stop the run out of the 3-4 but im not very experienced with it so that probably why..to help you out with the 46,for the run i usually come out in that or 46 bear (i use 46 book)..i set my audibles in the 46 book for passing situations heres what i do..come out in dollar or quarter formations and then audible down to the 46..so u will have a 46 look but alot more speed which is vital to defending the pass..hope this helped
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 14:56

I use one formation, and thats it lol. 46 is the best formation in the game hands down. you can use the speed package to get 4 corners on the field (same amount of speed as dime or nickel). you can nano out of it like crazy, and also play amazing fag D and shut down the run with it.

my advice is to tweek the coverage a bit on the basic zone plays. simple setups yet very hard to stop

im very protective of my scheme on D lol but ill give you one

if the guy comes out in shotgun alot, i play cover 3. and whatever side there is no TE or RB on, i blitz the guy in the flats and shift my LB over to that side so the yellow zones can still cover the player who is there
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 15:01

crazyblack001 wrote:
I use one formation, and thats it lol. 46 is the best formation in the game hands down. you can use the speed package to get 4 corners on the field (same amount of speed as dime or nickel). you can nano out of it like crazy, and also play amazing fag D and shut down the run with it.

my advice is to tweek the coverage a bit on the basic zone plays. simple setups yet very hard to stop

if the guy comes out in shotgun alot, i play cover 3. and whatever side there is no TE or RB on, i blitz the guy in the flats and shift my LB over to that side so the yellow zones can still cover the player who is there

What if they have a tailback on the left and a tight end on the right Question
Back to top Go down
str8balling_420
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 15:07

First off thanks for the information so far guys I Really appreciate it. Unfortunately the NYJ PB only contains 46 Normal (no Bear) but here are some of the plays I have found throughout the net and am attempting to use lol.

*Disclaimer : I did not create ANY of these plays, they are all used from people I found that posted them on the web. The buttons (PS3) and way I typed them out may be goofy but hopefully they can help some people that are sh!tty like me lol. These are all plays that can be found in the NYJ PB. Also some of the names of the Players that I need to shift are in there so I can remember and try to do it faster (play w/ chargers) so sorry if thats confusing to people. When I finish it I will up date w/ more plays (f@g d for 4-6 , need more coverage plays as well, ect ) and eventually I will try to get a post similar to this w/ a ton of 3-4 plays for anyone whos uses 46 and 3-4 like me)

NYJ Playbook Defense 4 - 6 Plays

4-6 - Normal - Nanos - 2 / 3rd and Long

1. 46 Normal - Cover 3 -

* X - RS Down - (Blitz the Safety in blue zone on the left and put him by the LDE )

* Control MLB in yellow zone guard watever looks open

2. 46 Normal - Cover 1 - (pass + nano )

* Triangle - RS Down - (Press Coverage)

* L1 <--- ( Shift Line Left )

* Target Cooper - X - RS Down - (Re - Blitz LB Cooper )

* Put Cooper on Side of LDE (Outside Blitz)

*Watch Flats

3. 46 Normal - Weak Blitz -

* Speed Package (Before calling Play - Pre Snap)

* L1 <--- ( Shift Line Left )

* Target Phillips - X - RS Down - (RE - Blitz a Blitzing LB)

* Target ROLB - Take Other blitzing LB

4-6 Normal - Run Stop

1. 46 Normal - Weak Blitz

* L1 - LS Down - (Pinch Line)

* R1 -LS <--- - (Shift LBs left)

2. 46 Normal - Inside Blitz

* L1 - LS Up - (Spread Line)

* R1 - LS Down (Pinch Lbs)

3. 46 Normal - 2 Man Under - (Pass or Run)

* Triangle - RS down (Middle Coverage)

* L1 - LS Down - (Pinch Line)

* L1 - RS UP - (D Line out)

* Control Safety in Blue zone and Watch for flats

4. 46 Normal - Rush Outside - (Rush + Nano)

* Select RDE - X - RS Down (Re blitz RDE)

* Triangle Down ( Press Coverage )

* Control DT and rush straight down

MISC Nano's in Jets PB

1. Nickle Odd Split - Monster 3

*Target to Blitzing LBs - X - RS down- (RE - Blitz 2 Blitzing LBS)

* Put one LB in A gap one in B Gap

2. Nickle Odd Split - Thunder Green

* Re Blitz Blitzing LBs in A and B Gap

* Control Safety who is manned up on RB and cover whats needed
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 15:31

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
crazyblack001 wrote:

What if they have a tailback on the left and a tight end on the right Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Icon_question

blitz the side with the TE. more often then not he will go out for a pass and its a good chance the TE wont go to the flats so he will play right into the yellow zones. and the RB will more often then not go to the flats on the other side. and it will be covered
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 15:35

crazyblack001 wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:
crazyblack001 wrote:

What if they have a tailback on the left and a tight end on the right Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Icon_question

blitz the side with the TE. more often then not he will go out for a pass and its a good chance the TE wont go to the flats so he will play right into the yellow zones. and the RB will more often then not go to the flats on the other side. and it will be covered

Sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 15:52

lol now everybody got a glimps into what my D does

ill be willing to help people with plays on D, just not ones in my scheme lol
Back to top Go down
str8balling_420
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 15:59

dont worry about plays in this thread I completely understand if you dont want to give away the schemes you have worked hard on, i just posted those ones because anyone with some initiative can find them on the web.

Another quick question, is there a way to send say a lb or safety close up on the line or a specific gap w/ o manually targeting and moving them cause I can never get them to there gaps in time to get my nanos off. Sorry for the noob questions keep the help coming =) Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 16:01

no the only way u can move them non-manually would be to shift them left or right,pinch,or spread them
Back to top Go down
str8balling_420
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 16:23

ahh ok thanks, i didnt think so, I am getting better at getting my adjustments off in time to make the plays work lol i just 56-7'd some kid but he was 3-3 so not much of an acomplishment i guess lol. I also found it easier to get my plays off against decent / good players cause they take time to make adjustments on the line the baddies just run up and snap it lol
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 17:36

haha ya..i was in a lobby and this 0-3 dude said he was gonna kill me i said lets go..he quit in the first quarter because i nanoed him on 4th and 23 lol
Back to top Go down
SandyBar13
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 17:43

im having a hard time with different types of 3-4 nanos
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty2009-12-29, 22:04

For blitzing, just make sure you have players blitzing at the lineman so they pick them up so another player can run past them untouched. You can do it from any gap.

Other nice plays out of Jets PB:
3-4 Normal: Zone Man Blitz - you can blitz the lineman who's in the yellow zone straight down and bring in the blitzing linebacker for A-gap heat. Or you can put blitzing linebackers in coverage for a great f@g d.

3-4 Predator: Weak Blitz 3 - good pressure play if you mess around with it. Crunk had a video last year of it. Pretty much the same steps this year with minor adjustments.

3-4 Stack: Weak Flat 3 - nice zone play. Can bring outside heat if you blitz an outside LB.

Dollar: Max Sting 3 - can bring nice outside heat

Nickel 335: Cover 3 Flat - nice zone play that can be adjusted

Nickel Normal: 9 Velcro

Nickel Odd Split: Storm Red - Wildcat Stopper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)   Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4) Empty

Back to top Go down

Basic Defense Questions - NYJ PB (46 and 3-4)
Page 1 of 1