Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How important is labbing?!

Go down 
+8
the joker 260
MiamiXCanes
Champ_28
PeytonMvPManning
Madden's Finest 200
chrisc2006
AshBlackstone
jd7680
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

How important is labbing?! Empty
PostSubject: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 15:05

Look, I hear about ppl getting together and labbing on this site. How important is it really if your looking to get good? I mean, if you have good stick control, can't you just learn how to read and break down the zones? Do ppl lab more for D or O? Maybe Im just not getting the point of it. Some input from vets would be accepted openly. How important is labbing?! Confused
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 15:14

I don't lab with other people.

I'll use one of the following methods to lab....

1) Practice mode.

2) I'll play a game with 15 minute quarters against the CPU.

3) I'll randomly play an online game ranked or unranked to practice some new plays against a live unsuspecting defense. I want someone who is going to throw random defenses at me, so I can get an actual feel for how something is going to work in real game time. I don't care if I win or lose these games. My W/L record really isn't that important to me.
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 15:15

It is a great way to lab plays against certain coverages that you may struggle with. You can mess with hot routes and set up plays that will beat any coverage they throw at you, creating a "money play." You can also lab defenses for certain plays. Lately, I have been labbing how to stop off tackle in the backfield.
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 15:19

chrisc2006 wrote:
It is a great way to lab plays against certain coverages that you may struggle with. You can mess with hot routes and set up plays that will beat any coverage they throw at you, creating a "money play." You can also lab defenses for certain plays. Lately, I have been labbing how to stop off tackle in the backfield.
With me Cool
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 15:28

its good if you are trying to learn like to RC but i usually dont lab otherwise
Back to top Go down
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 15:56

yes labbing is important....
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 16:10

yes labbing is imporant. as far as i go labbing vs the computer can only get you so far. the CPu doesnt nano, it doesnt hot route players on D.

labbing vs other people helps alot
Back to top Go down
the joker 260
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
the joker 260

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 16:10

very important,helps you strategize vs opponents
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/coltsammy
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 18:13

thanks for the input. I labbed against the cpu a little for breaking down coverage and RCing, but the comp snaps its too fast in practice mode to setup anything on D. Guess I need to get a partner and go at it.
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 18:15

jd7680 wrote:
thanks for the input. I labbed against the cpu a little for breaking down coverage and RCing, but the comp snaps its too fast in practice mode to setup anything on D. Guess I need to get a partner and go at it.

Nah, use 2 controllers... Get the basics down and then go against the comp. A lot of good opponents online will snap a lot of plays asap to avoid nanos or ppl that suck at setting them up. Once you get good you can beat the comp.
Back to top Go down
NO LUN@T1K
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
NO LUN@T1K

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 18:31

labbing is preety important because you learn new plays and diffrent styles from other players which is important if u want to play ranked because not everybody plays the same
Back to top Go down
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 21:44

Learning human tendencies makes labbing important. For example, you can tell if your playing a good player with good stick skills and they will force you to come up with a different option that a cpu defender can't achieve.

In the end you will get better at decision making and thats what football is about:)

LABBING ROCKS!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mdott360
doozie821
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty2009-12-28, 22:12

i've never labbed except some plays in practice but i've been meaning to get at that hah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How important is labbing?!   How important is labbing?! Empty

Back to top Go down

How important is labbing?!
Page 1 of 1