Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

4-3 defense

Go down 
+8
MADDENKING57
bearboy94
mlb6434
Successful_drew
allenw2g7
huh1231
Crunk
blitzinnati
12 posters
AuthorMessage
blitzinnati
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-01

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2009-11-03, 12:25

I refuse to use the 3-4 or 1-5-5. I'd rather stick to the D that my team { the Bengals} use in real life, and to be different.
I am currently on a terrible losing streak. I've probably lost 35 out of my last 50 games and can't get anything going defensively. The games i have won have been close. I can't find any good blitzes or decent coverage plays. It seems like everybody knows what I'm doing defensively and hit the open guy everytime. I don't care too much for nano's, prolly because the 4-3 offers very little, so I rarely try to set one up. when I do, its toast.
Does anyone run this D?
I have a couple of good offensive plays, one is in almost every O playbook. I'll trade for some tips on the 4-3. I only use Cinci. I make all the correct subs ie Roy Williams at LB, Michael Johnson at DE ect. I look at this site everyday, I recently got a new computer and forgot my password and name to log in.

I'd really like a lab partner so I can learn without asking too much from the members here. I'm a level 11, record sucks. I practice, but against the CPU, you cannot account for the user and his adjustments. Anyone got any advice?
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2009-11-03, 13:11

There isn't a lot of people that use the 4-3 this year seeing as the 1-5-5 and 3-4 are dominant formations. I would suggest trying Tennessee's playbook and try out the 4-4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2009-11-03, 16:47

if ur not going to nano. ur not going to win. end of story really. sorry Sad. theres a few good nanos in 4-3 over and 4-4 might be the most confusing formation that I've seen. they way the coverage shifts for that formation drives me crazy. if ur going to play 4-3 then use TENN defensive PB or 46.
Back to top Go down
allenw2g7
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-10-11

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Labbing   4-3 defense Empty2009-11-08, 00:56

Do you have 360 if you do add me I use 3-4 and 4-3 but mainly 4-3 I
like the jags and falcons and they use 4-3 so hit me up on allenthewiz
thats my gamertag
Back to top Go down
Successful_drew
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-07

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2009-11-09, 01:04

hey anybody wats da best defensive ebook to get
Back to top Go down
mlb6434
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
mlb6434

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-01-25

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2009-11-09, 15:50

Drew, we only have the 46 ebook out right now.
Back to top Go down
bearboy94
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-01

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2010-01-01, 00:59

switch between normal,over and under to try and confuse the offense. I like to blitz at least one linebacker or safety at all times usually I try to create pressure with a man coverage or zone blitz the biggest plays against me are 7 yards cause I double on strong recievers or sack the qb in my last game against new england I had 8 turnovers 6 ints,one tom brady fumble and a lawrence maroney fumble. only problem i have is runnig backs in the flat but i use a line backer now to shadow an explosive recieving back
Back to top Go down
MADDENKING57
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
MADDENKING57

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-09-03

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2010-01-01, 19:45

Ima 4-3 guy through and through, i played in a 4-3 in highschool and college so in Madden i play the 4-3 and nothing else cause i understand and know the scheme. But in this yr's Madden for the 4-3 to be successful you have to mix it up like in real life you cant do too much man, cover 3, cover 2 or cover 4 cause your opponent will catch up on it and you will be exposed but if you mix it up with your blitzes you will give your opponents fits, and also try contolling your free safety if you havent already, cause in past Maddens i controlled the MLB but in this madden its not that good to control him but if you control the free safety you will have major success in the run, deep passes and passes in the flats and off blitzing, i get atleast 2 int's and a sack a gm controlling my free safety in the 4-3.
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2010-01-02, 12:25

blitzinnati wrote:
I refuse to use the 3-4 or 1-5-5. I'd rather stick to the D that my team { the Bengals} use in real life, and to be different.
I am currently on a terrible losing streak. I've probably lost 35 out of my last 50 games and can't get anything going defensively. The games i have won have been close. I can't find any good blitzes or decent coverage plays. It seems like everybody knows what I'm doing defensively and hit the open guy everytime. I don't care too much for nano's, prolly because the 4-3 offers very little, so I rarely try to set one up. when I do, its toast.
Does anyone run this D?
I have a couple of good offensive plays, one is in almost every O playbook. I'll trade for some tips on the 4-3. I only use Cinci. I make all the correct subs ie Roy Williams at LB, Michael Johnson at DE ect. I look at this site everyday, I recently got a new computer and forgot my password and name to log in.

I'd really like a lab partner so I can learn without asking too much from the members here. I'm a level 11, record sucks. I practice, but against the CPU, you cannot account for the user and his adjustments. Anyone got any advice?
Im a huge Bengals fan too.Im on ps3.But dnt Roy Willams at LB lol.I did dat and my oppent threw to the flats where he was all gm.Roy is too slow to be an OLB or S. I run 34 D with bengals and its more effective den 43 in my opinion.DT Peko is my run stuffer.Bengals are like 4 deep in DT's lol. Sticking to real life d is yur choice but yea 34 is used alot,but evry1 uses it differently.43 d is for stoppin the run.i use to use it.but i got bored.no offense, but to me 43 d is 1 dimensional.the 4th rusher is always the 2nd DT.i prefer 34 bcuz its unique.the 4th rusher can be any1.the blitzes are better too.but i still use 43d at times.makin nanos out of 43 d is so easy.But use Multiple pb den.Has 43+34+155
Back to top Go down
miked152
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
miked152

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-28

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2010-01-05, 16:55

Just mix up your play calling. and matchup with the offensive personnel. 2-3 wrs, come out in 4-3 or nickel, 4-5 wrs, then use dime, dollar, and quarters
Back to top Go down
raptors505
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
raptors505

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-12

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2010-01-05, 17:07

MADDENKING57 wrote:
Ima 4-3 guy through and through, i played in a 4-3 in highschool and college so in Madden i play the 4-3 and nothing else cause i understand and know the scheme. But in this yr's Madden for the 4-3 to be successful you have to mix it up like in real life you cant do too much man, cover 3, cover 2 or cover 4 cause your opponent will catch up on it and you will be exposed but if you mix it up with your blitzes you will give your opponents fits, and also try contolling your free safety if you havent already, cause in past Maddens i controlled the MLB but in this madden its not that good to control him but if you control the free safety you will have major success in the run, deep passes and passes in the flats and off blitzing, i get atleast 2 int's and a sack a gm controlling my free safety in the 4-3.
so do you stop a lot of people with it? i love to user the FS, i take it your a pretty high level?
Back to top Go down
COVERAGE2010
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-12-26

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty2010-01-11, 16:52

miked152 wrote:
Just mix up your play calling. and matchup with the offensive personnel. 2-3 wrs, come out in 4-3 or nickel, 4-5 wrs, then use dime, dollar, and quarters

Mike is on the money. It's all about personel matchups.

I use 4-3 against the 1st Down Run and inside my RedZone.

Most of the time I'm in Nickel or Dime.

Nickel package is good against an offense that will run or pass out of the 2RB2WR1TE package. It gives you 2LBs against the run and an extra corner against the pass. You just have to user the DE against the run or drop back in the coverage hole against the pass or just blitz the weak side.

Kearse, Mario Williams and/or Peppers are great DEs to user for run tackles and/or picks/knockdowns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4-3 defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-3 defense   4-3 defense Empty

Back to top Go down

4-3 defense
Page 1 of 1