Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

What would you do in this situation?

Go down 
+20
prolific333
wandeezy623
PeytonMvPManning
jsmall28
CapnCrunch
ticklemeelmo
xXTHeEddYXx
Cboy918
Mcnair2Wycheck
Mr. 5oh3
beerbuzz
Celtic_Shield
iGotBeast$wag13
claytops
the joker 260
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
OGiant23
MiamiXCanes
24Marion24
AshBlackstone
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

What would you do in this situation? Empty
PostSubject: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 05:15

You have possession of the football, and you're leading 23-13 with about 1:30 left to go in the fourth quarter. You've just intercepted your opponent inside your 10 yard line, and he has all of his timeouts left.

So you're starting from your own 5, and on first down...you run a toss play to try and catch him off guard and some more breathing room, but you're dropped for a four yard loss.

The situation is 2nd and 14 from your own 1 yard line. He called timeout, and now there is 1:23 remaining. You've grinded out some tough yards on the ground, but he's pretty good on defense and has made some good plays as well.

What do you call next? I'm just curious to see if anyone would do what I actually did to win the game.
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 05:29

either try a wr screen or go into shotgun formation and switch to strong slots, and hit your faster wr on an out-route or deep post
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 05:47

i would just call a run play.. the safest bet, make the other guy use a time out, and even if he does get a saftey its still a 2 possesion game
Back to top Go down
OGiant23
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
OGiant23

Number of posts : 788
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 13:13

go deep on play action
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 13:27

just keep it safe, if you have been leading the whole game then just keep on running the ball right into his face. Even tho you may only get a couple yards it will still get rid of all his timeouts and as long as you dont let him out of bounds if he gets the ball back then you will be fine.

and i wouldnt risk a PA pass beucase if he reads it right you could get sacked and give him the ball right back with a timeout or 2 left.
Back to top Go down
the joker 260
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
the joker 260

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 13:31

use hb screens they have lead blockers and can pick up easy yardage.take a longer time 2 pick the play(offense).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/coltsammy
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 13:44

the joker 260 wrote:
use hb screens they have lead blockers and can pick up easy yardage.take a longer time 2 pick the play(offense).

the only thing is that the situation your talking about, (your on the one yard line)
your opponent will bring a heavy blitz and you could be sacked..just if you up by 10 dont even risk throwing the ball and jsut focus on getting rid of his timeouts
Back to top Go down
claytops
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
claytops

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 13:50

QB Sneak or FB Run outta Goal line. He needs two scores and if you play it right he won't have any timeouts. No need to run anything any riskier than a run up the gut...
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 14:30

keep running the football. Then on 4th punt. Ur up by two possesions
Back to top Go down
Celtic_Shield
New MS Member
New MS Member
Celtic_Shield

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-11-29

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 16:21

OB_DA_BEAST_MAN wrote:
keep running the football. Then on 4th punt. Ur up by two possesions

exactly, no need to pass and throw a quick pic six, or take a chance on doing so. Run right up the gut and hold r1 so you don't fumble. Milk the clock, punt if needed. He has two scores and the clock against him, no need to try anything other than a run
Back to top Go down
beerbuzz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
beerbuzz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 17:18

hit the te on a post
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/verminfire
Mr. 5oh3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mr. 5oh3

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 17:35

i would come out in Goaline with dual HB's and run a fb dive on 1st and 2nd down then i would come out in snugs or split slot and run a hb draw and make him use his TO's cause....DFense Wins championships (xDWCx)
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-23, 21:55

With a 2 score lead I would absolutely run the ball and punt it back to him. down by 10 with about a minute left and no timeouts is nearly insurmountable even if he is at midfield. You are more likely to screw up and get sacked for a fumble or picked than would be worth the risk. Down by 8 or less would be a different story but in this situation, absolutely just run the ball.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-24, 12:23

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
With a 2 score lead I would absolutely run the ball and punt it back to him. down by 10 with about a minute left and no timeouts is nearly insurmountable even if he is at midfield. You are more likely to screw up and get sacked for a fumble or picked than would be worth the risk. Down by 8 or less would be a different story but in this situation, absolutely just run the ball.

You had the best answer, but I didn't wait until 4th down to punt.

After getting dropped for a four yard loss, and being just inside my own 1...I punted on 2nd down.

Another loss, and it's an 8 point game.

It was interesting to read the opinion of others, however...I kicked it away immediately to avoid any chance of disaster.

I eventually got a pick at around my own 15, and ran out the clock.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-24, 15:23

I would have just called QB sneak and covered up at the line to make him use his timeouts.
Back to top Go down
Cboy918
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-24, 16:33

On the 1....run the ball. Don't risk an INT or a sack for a safety. Goaline formation is a good idea. Maybe even Wildcat, but the play designed to go up the middle, bot the one to the outside. That could lead to a safety.

Also maybe a pass to the flat to the TE or HB may be an option....but most guys would play cover 2 in that situation so maybe a fade route up to one of the outside WR's is an option too.

Also a HB Screen might work, but I'm assuming you use a mobile qb like VY. I like to set up in a shotgun 3 wr bunch set, run to the bunch side, set up the screen to the opposite side and then throw it to the rb. Also sometimes the DE on the side I'm running to won't contain so I can break off a run or just dump it off to the TE in the flat.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-24, 18:44

i dont understand why you would kick the the ball back to him right away, 1. because being back up in your own endzone it would be easy to block for a TD (ive done it a few times) 2. if you punt it back and he gets a decent return then he is in FG in a 2 score game with roughly 1:10 left on the clock (if he kicks the FG, something i would do). there is still to much to risk by doing that. qb sneek or something, run the ball. make him use those TO. even if you get a saftey then he still would at least drive a little ways to kick the FG or score, thus using more clock

im glad you won, but IMO that was a stupid move
Back to top Go down
xXTHeEddYXx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xXTHeEddYXx

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-24, 19:05

I try to rocket catch.
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-24, 20:54

i like qb sneak idea just milk that clock i dont think ive ever lost yards on that play, and the hb screen idea i just gotta say i think is incredibly wrong. most people read screens instantly. thats a very good chance of a safety. maybe do something short like flat curls. but i would just go for clock.
punting is bad idea imo too that short of field to punt with always sucks.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-24, 21:48

or even if your PB has the 5 wide shitgun play called "spacing" where all 5 players run a little 2 yard curl
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-24, 22:47

1rst down Gaolline HB Dive
2nd down Goalline FB Dive
3rd and long Gun Split to show pass, motion split wide to move linebacker out of the way and run the ball wide.
Then punt if you have to.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-24, 22:53

Halfback screen could not only lead to a safety as eluded to several times here. But sometimes the screen is actually a backward pass, then if they blow it up, it is a live ball. They fall on it for a touchdown. Or of course the int is a TD.

Great call guys!?!?
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-25, 01:11

crazyblack001 wrote:
i dont understand why you would kick the the ball back to him right away, 1. because being back up in your own endzone it would be easy to block for a TD (ive done it a few times) 2. if you punt it back and he gets a decent return then he is in FG in a 2 score game with roughly 1:10 left on the clock (if he kicks the FG, something i would do). there is still to much to risk by doing that. qb sneek or something, run the ball. make him use those TO. even if you get a saftey then he still would at least drive a little ways to kick the FG or score, thus using more clock

im glad you won, but IMO that was a stupid move

Actually, it was a brilliant move...because there wasn't going to be a blocked punt. No one is going to call a punt block defense on 2nd down. He came out in a standard formation, and the ball traveled over 60 yards. That was the idea behind the move. Even a QB sneak can end up for a loss.

And that play is much more likely to go for a loss in comparison to the chances of someone blocking a punt.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-25, 02:48

then he should just call a TO, and go to punt block becuase your obviously trying to punt it away. and even if he doesnt then he could just move a player back for the return and return it that way
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty2009-12-25, 03:48

crazyblack001 wrote:
then he should just call a TO, and go to punt block becuase your obviously trying to punt it away. and even if he doesnt then he could just move a player back for the return and return it that way

I line drive my punts at an angle usually, so getting someone back is very difficult against me when you're not already in a punt return formation. That's why it went 60 yards. It only traveled about 35 yards in the air.

Regardless, the chances of you blocking a punt are much lower than the chances of you hitting me for a one yard loss. It eliminates all opportunity of making it a one score game AND giving you possession.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do in this situation?   What would you do in this situation? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you do in this situation?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next