Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Favre admits 'arm's kind of dragging'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
madden2k5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
madden2k5

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Favre admits 'arm's kind of dragging' Empty
PostSubject: Favre admits 'arm's kind of dragging'   Favre admits 'arm's kind of dragging' Empty2008-08-13, 15:49

38-year-old Favre says arm is 'fatigued'

Associated Press

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Brett Favre said his rocket right arm felt "fatigued" -- but not sore -- during a break from his fifth day of practice with the New York Jets.
Live on NFL Network ...

Favre admits 'arm's kind of dragging' Redskins_logoRedskins at Jets
Saturday, Aug. 16, 7 p.m. ET
Favre admits 'arm's kind of dragging' Jets_logo

Favre admits 'arm's kind of dragging' Nfl_network Brett Favre's debut with the New York Jets will be shown live on NFL Network. Don't get NFL Network? Click here for more information.

"My arm's kind of dragging a little bit today," the quarterback said Wednesday after the Jets' morning session. "It's not really sore, but just fatigued. To be honest with you, I'm surprised that, I don't want to say I feel good, that I've been able to make it through every practice so far."
Favre was acquired from the Green Bay Packers last week, and has been practicing with the Jets since Saturday. He's set to start Saturday's preseason game against the Washington Redskins.
"I didn't throw the ball that well this morning, underthrew some throws," Favre said. "No pain, but I'm 38 years old. It's going to be fatigued a little bit."
Jets coach Eric Mangini hadn't yet spoke to Favre when he met with reporters before the afternoon workout.
"We only have two practices left before the game and we do monitor that stuff," Mangini said. "You guys talked to him more than I did, so I don't really know where he is with that."
Since his practice debut, Favre has been on the field for two practices Sunday, one Monday and had a day of classroom work Tuesday.
"My arm, for the most part, has felt great," he said. "Legs, a little bit fatigued. You've got to figure I'm a little bit behind some of these guys. I'm a little bit surprised that, up to this point, I've been doing OK."
Favre, who took his second penalty lap -- which was again cheered -- since joining the Jets, ended the morning session on a good note. The three-time league MVP hit Brad Smith on a fourth-down play for 53 yards -- about 45 in the air -- down the right sideline for a touchdown.
Favre admits 'arm's kind of dragging' Favre_jets_jersey

"Believe me, this system's not easy," Favre said. "I'm not going to sit here and tell you I've got it down. I've got about just enough plays down to run those plays Saturday. How it turns out, I have no idea. I hope it turns out well."
So do the Jets, of course, who sent a conditional draft pick to Green Bay for Favre and then cut franchise favorite Chad Pennington.
"We've had a few false starts and I've had to run a couple of laps, no big deal," he said. "No one wants to see that. You want it to run like it should, and I think, for the most part, we've done that. Now, they haven't thrown everything at me, but I could go into a game and I think I could manage a game OK."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
Back to top Go down

Favre admits 'arm's kind of dragging'
Page 1 of 1