Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

deep throw trouble

Go down 
+7
Sun
ohboykjoy
WestFo3
super_mario90
DaTBa1LHaWK
Mcnair2Wycheck
raymond-bell
11 posters
AuthorMessage
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-29

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-28, 21:32

ok so i use the titans and on alot of my plays i have a deep post over the middle thats usually my third reed and comes open alot of the time if my opponent sits on my first two reeds. trouble is that when i try and throw it with vince young i always throw a duck or over throw him completely and its usually a pick. should i not lead my reciever? should i not throw a bullet i need help guys cuz this problem is limiting my offense and allowing the defense to sit underneath in coverage beacuse i cant go deep if ya'll could gimme some pointers of suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance guys!
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-28, 22:14

Not much we can do about it until Vince Young goes up. Sad
Back to top Go down
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-28, 22:22

Quote :
Not much we can do about it until Vince Young goes up. deep throw trouble Icon_sad

do you use the titans? if so do you play collins or vince? i like vince's scrambling ability it is a nice safe releas if nothing open plus your opponent has to respect the fact you can run when you drop back.
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 02:19

use precision on alot of the throws.. i use the titans sumtimes just lead wit precision(left trigger).. i havent had a problem yet wit VY since the update..
Back to top Go down
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 02:23

Quote :
use precision on alot of the throws.. i use the titans sumtimes just lead wit precision(left trigger).. i havent had a problem yet wit VY since the update..

can you explain this lead with precision thing? im kinda lost. it would be much appreciated! thanks man.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 04:01

1st off the titans don't have good deep threat wr and VY accuracy is terrible the only way i see you throwing it deep and connecting with a wr it's gonna be nate washington he's the best wr that the titans have to go deep to.

i have no problems with the deep ball all i do is throw it deep (i don't play with the titans) i play with another afc south team can you guess wich one lol
Back to top Go down
WestFo3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
WestFo3

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-11-03

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 04:05

If your trying to throw deep then the titans might not be the team for you to use. deep throw trouble Lol

I used them my last few games and they are fire with my Sea Playbook.... deep throw trouble Icon_king deep throw trouble 898283 deep throw trouble 517225
Back to top Go down
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 05:28

super_mario90 wrote:
1st off the titans don't have good deep threat wr and VY accuracy is terrible the only way i see you throwing it deep and connecting with a wr it's gonna be nate washington he's the best wr that the titans have to go deep to.

i have no problems with the deep ball all i do is throw it deep (i don't play with the titans) i play with another afc south team can you guess wich one lol

k maybe i didnt explain this well. lol its only like a 10 to 15 yard pass 15 at the most. is this still considered deep? or medium range? its not like im tryina make it rain on him im not throwin 40 yard passes? just a 10 to 15 yard post over the middle. someone said something about leading with the left trigger? anyone have an explanation on this? thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down
ohboykjoy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-11-25

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 13:51

Clown routes sometimes work.. but the deep game is really dead this year. I run with the Raiders and with 98 THP, the only time I can ever complete a deep pass is when there is a huge mismatch (usually LB/Slow safety) covering Darrius Heyward-Bey (97 SPD) or one of my faster receivers, and I can lob it over their head and then outline them.

When I used to use the Chargers, the deep passes that I could complete were many clown routes or deep throws, where I could lead my receiver and he could out run the safety.

Sadly I cannot do that with the Raiders, or else the ball with be 40 yards off the target.
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 14:28

Try to user catch the ball and don't lead it unless you really need to.
Back to top Go down
Celtic_Shield
New MS Member
New MS Member
Celtic_Shield

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-11-29

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 15:31

I don't see many deep passes online at all when I play. They don't really work unless you play someone who users w/o stick skills. I like to keep it mid range to short (screens, slants etc.) and play to romo's strong ratings in those areas.
Back to top Go down
qshaw18
New MS Member
New MS Member
qshaw18

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-10-22

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 17:54

I am from the big Tennessee. I love the titans but I dont recommend the deep pass with Vince unless you have skills to user catch lol. Because if he is under pressure he is going to over throw the pass. Vince is good with the short game and using his feet that is Titan style we win with over D and live by the FG lol!
Back to top Go down
abrown24
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-01

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-29, 20:54

I always used the titans even when they got dropped ratings wise the only deep play i use is wr corners out of the ace single back formation and i only throw it to kenny britt cuz he seems like the only tenn receiver to catch a deep pass... tenn doesnt really have a deep game i always alternate cj and white mix in some screens and play action roll outs and i just score like 28 to 35 a game with that plan its jus being smart on offense and using up time and dont get tempted to throw the ball down the field cuz it wont happen with tenn
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-11-30, 04:21

Celtic_Shield wrote:
I don't see many deep passes online at all when I play. They don't really work unless you play someone who users w/o stick skills. I like to keep it mid range to short (screens, slants etc.) and play to romo's strong ratings in those areas.

yo my psn is southernz_1playa i want you to play me so you can see the deep pass and be amazed by DRE.

i notice there are alot of players that can't stop the deep pass even the really good players that got a high ranking.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-12-01, 13:44

Yessir I use the Titans, and I've been using VY for about a month. Ever since Collins went down to a 72. I think using Collins in 09 and the beginning of 10 helped my passing skills though because now I don't plan to run with Young, I just take it if it's there. Kinda like how the real VY matured haha.

But yep, feel free to talk about using the Titans any time. I hate when people complain that CJ is a cheat. I used fatass Lendale in 08!!! Haha.
Back to top Go down
raymond-bell
New MS Member
New MS Member

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-12-01, 16:04

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
Yessir I use the Titans, and I've been using VY for about a month. Ever since Collins went down to a 72. I think using Collins in 09 and the beginning of 10 helped my passing skills though because now I don't plan to run with Young, I just take it if it's there. Kinda like how the real VY matured haha.

But yep, feel free to talk about using the Titans any time. I hate when people complain that CJ is a cheat. I used fatass Lendale in 08!!! Haha.

me too! lol i only run with VY if nothings open i never intentionally roll out unless its a designed roll out. i use CJ alot but i also mix in lendale alot too there carry ratings are bomb! i got trouble with nick harper at CB cuz he's so slow and not rated that well what do you do about your secondary?
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-12-01, 16:10

the short accuracy medium and deep ratings mean alottttttttttttttttt this year lol stick to wat ur QB can do
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty2009-12-01, 21:36

raymond-bell wrote:
Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:

me too! lol i only run with VY if nothings open i never intentionally roll out unless its a designed roll out. i use CJ alot but i also mix in lendale alot too there carry ratings are bomb! i got trouble with nick harper at CB cuz he's so slow and not rated that well what do you do about your secondary?

I play Hood at #2 CB. Harper is a very good nickel because he is usually either blitzing or playing a short zone but he is simply too slow to start. I rarely play any man coverage though because the Titans are simply designed to be a zone team so I probably run at least 75% zone. You can add me on PSN and we can go Titans VS. Titans. My psn is Mcnair2wycheck. Just identify yourself in the request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

deep throw trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: deep throw trouble   deep throw trouble Empty

Back to top Go down

deep throw trouble
Page 1 of 1