Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Certain plays that beat a zone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
finfever
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Certain plays that beat a zone Empty
PostSubject: Certain plays that beat a zone   Certain plays that beat a zone Empty2009-11-15, 23:24

Again, I am still having trouble with zones. so instead on just focusing on one route and hot routing a bunch of stuff, does anyone know a play already set up that beats the zone including cover 2,3,4. I heard PA boot over is pretty good against the zone. does anyone know any other plays that i can abuse to make my opponent throw in some man coverage.
Back to top Go down
ccZONE
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Certain plays that beat a zone   Certain plays that beat a zone Empty2009-11-16, 10:54

Alright man i know that you wanted a solid play but i cant get on madden right now to check out the exact name of any play so i thought that i could tell you a few easy hot routes that can kill zone. I know that if its a cover three play that the sidelines are weak and i mean this by the fact that their are no purple zones. if you come out in a spread set or any set like it and you put your slot wr on a slant out im pretty sure that he will always be open and another good route is just putting one of your wr on a drag and he should be open if nothing else for a two-three yard gain. now for the times that he tries to block a slant out to the purple zone like if he were to play nickel 3-3-5 cover 3 then put your other slot wr on a streak because the slant will be covered but there will only be one hook zone allowing your drag or streak to be open.
for the cover 2 situation i think everyone knows that it is weak in the deep middle. well i know again a slant to the purple zone can work but better yet again in a spread set or something like it just put your outside wr on a fade and you can tell its cover 2 from one of the more simpler reads is that cover 2 the cbs will always be in press position but the safeties wont. this is so the flat cb can get a jam to help the safeties out deep. the cbs should be 2 yds off the l.o.s and the safeties 12 yds off the l.o.s. any ways put your outside wr on a fade and motion him just enough for him to move slightly and hike it. when he gets passed the flat cb he should be open for a bullet pass. another one is to have your outside wr on some kind of a deep post to the deep middle and obviously he should get open for obvious reasons. but a main reason we do this with an outside receiver is because alot of people while playing cover 2 are cautious of the deep middle but at the start of the play they dont see any deep threats by our slot wr's so they take their lb or whatever down to cover some shorter routes and the from off the screen or wr deep post is open down the middle and he is to far to make a play on the ball. i hope this helped a little again i cant get on the game so if you have any questions hit me up.
Back to top Go down
ccZONE
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Certain plays that beat a zone   Certain plays that beat a zone Empty2009-11-16, 11:00

Alright man i know that you wanted a solid play but i cant get on madden right now to check out the exact name of any play so i thought that i could tell you a few easy hot routes that can kill zone. I know that if its a cover three play that the sidelines are weak and i mean this by the fact that their are no purple zones. if you come out in a spread set or any set like it and you put your slot wr on a slant out im pretty sure that he will always be open and another good route is just putting one of your wr on a drag and he should be open if nothing else for a two-three yard gain. now for the times that he tries to block a slant out to the purple zone like if he were to play nickel 3-3-5 cover 3 then put your other slot wr on a streak because the slant will be covered but there will only be one hook zone allowing your drag or streak to be open.
for the cover 2 situation i think everyone knows that it is weak in the deep middle. well i know again a slant to the purple zone can work but better yet again in a spread set or something like it just put your outside wr on a fade and you can tell its cover 2 from one of the more simpler reads is that cover 2 the cbs will always be in press position but the safeties wont. this is so the flat cb can get a jam to help the safeties out deep. the cbs should be 2 yds off the l.o.s and the safeties 12 yds off the l.o.s. any ways put your outside wr on a fade and motion him just enough for him to move slightly and hike it. when he gets passed the flat cb he should be open for a bullet pass. another one is to have your outside wr on some kind of a deep post to the deep middle and obviously he should get open for obvious reasons. but a main reason we do this with an outside receiver is because alot of people while playing cover 2 are cautious of the deep middle but at the start of the play they dont see any deep threats by our slot wr's so they take their lb or whatever down to cover some shorter routes and the from off the screen or wr deep post is open down the middle and he is to far to make a play on the ball. i hope this helped a little again i cant get on the game so if you have any questions hit me up.
Back to top Go down
finfever
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Certain plays that beat a zone   Certain plays that beat a zone Empty2009-11-18, 00:50

on cover 3 the quick slant isnt working towards the sidelines cause its not deep enough even if I smart route it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Certain plays that beat a zone   Certain plays that beat a zone Empty

Back to top Go down

Certain plays that beat a zone
Page 1 of 1