Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Undercenter vs Shotgun

Go down 
+14
DaTBa1LHaWK
brazil
so much swag
Sun
MiamiXCanes
BlackMassRevrend
mlb6434
hof8231
OakKyd
IRISHFBFAN1
dracocepheus
BOSTN BEANER
K0MMoNsEnTz
onefive
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
onefive
New MS Member
New MS Member
onefive

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty
PostSubject: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-02, 21:49

which is best to use?? i use NE playbook and i am pretty much unstoppable unless i turn the ball over but other than that i win.
i use the eagles and i want to run a different playbook but idk what playbook to use with the eagles.
Back to top Go down
K0MMoNsEnTz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
K0MMoNsEnTz

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-02, 22:11

Depends really. I use alot of ShotGun. Better formations and easier to make reads for me. When your undercenter its more about your steps and when how fast you wanna get rid of the ball or hold the ball for longer devolping plays. And if they Nano ill never be undercenter. Unless im pounding the rock.
Back to top Go down
onefive
New MS Member
New MS Member
onefive

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-02, 22:25

yea see i dnt wanna have to force myself to run the football from shotgun. but i am very very successful funning the football out of gun
wen i wanna get undercenter. i wanna still be able to move the ball like i do in shotgun
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-02, 22:51

I love shotgun. There are so many people that love to nano all game so I have more time to see it and I will always have a drag route or post to the sideline in case it is a nano. I usually have a drag on every pass play. Its a comfort thing for me unless its a hb screen or wr screen then I don't need a drag cuz the play is designed to kill the blitz already. I am in shotgun about 90% of the time though.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-03, 00:21

If your going to use the Eagle you can go with the underneath cause Mcfag has good speed, He can move fast enough to move around in the pocket getting away from some nanos and able to use PA plays
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 06:50

Big advice, and remember this, if you want to play against the best, if you want to be the best, if you want to go to tourneys and advance, you had better be able to do both, UNDERCENTER AND SHOTGUN. Believe me when I say this, the ballers love playing guys who stay in the shotgun, they have in a sense backed you in a corner. You cannot beat the downhill run approach that you get from running undercenter. If you are playing with AP you are going to tell me you are not going to get undercenter because you are scared of NANOS? ARE U KIDDING ME! LOL
I have always operated from both. NANOS have nothing to do with running undercenter. You can get sacked from the gun too you know. Quick tosses, quick throws, chnging snap counts, utilizing h back schemes. Let me give you a hint, THERE IS A PLAYBOOK BEING USED BY ALL THE TOP BALLERS, IT is called PASS BALANCED. It has in its contents 3 of the most deadly running plays in the game. UNDERCENTER! It has 2 of the most deadly formations in the game, from UNDERCENTER, It is an attack that utilizes not only the shotgun, but undercenter as well. If you are operating only from the gun, you are missing out on some of the best concepts both passing and running. If you want to see it in action, go to one of the big time tourneys where the ballers are going at it. There you will have your answer, and it will be running both the gun and undercenter, I PROMISE YOU,THIS IS FACT!

2 WORDS "STRONG CLOSE" UNDERCENTER
3 MORE WORDS SINGLEBACK ACE TWINS---NANO KILLER UNDERCENTER
Back to top Go down
OakKyd
New MS Member
New MS Member
OakKyd

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 08:17

Depends on the situation an the team your using

Or if you have an inaccurate QB (vick, Dalhomme, etc.) or a candy arm guy (Bulger, Pennington), Dont use the shotgun very often because if he is unaccurate, he will blow alot of passes because he is deep almodt behind pocket making him get over excited. as for a weak armed quarter back, they cant make off balance or throws across the body with out a good step up, and the shot gun doesnt alow you to cleanly step up strong.
Shot gun i would only recommend using with the big time/Big arm QBs, Even though you can excell with payton and brady in it, but someone like flacco or stafford will really do well in it
Back to top Go down
hof8231
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
hof8231

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 15:08

I like going from under center unless the guy I'm playing is filthy with nano blitzes, then I'll go to shotgun. I feel like shotgun 4 wr set runs don't work too well for me but singleback 4 wr runs work great.
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 16:50

Hof, you are correct about the blocking, t is made better in the game for undercenter. Believe me guys, I do both, but I will be damn if I am going to let my opponent dictate what style of offense I am going to run! I learned this from a very, very good player. A long time ago I used to be one of those NE PB type guys, ya know, pumpmy chest because I run the SHOTGUN, pump my chest because I would throw the ball every down, even on 4th and inches. Yea, I would win, but not against good opponents, not against good opponents I could sometimes beat but never did because I was to busy pumping my chest with the shotgun and not running the ball down peoples throats and utilizing playaction. You cannot do those things on a regular basis from the gun. Not all the time like undercenter. I changed, it took me a while. I am no great player, but I can line up and play with you. I can control the football and put points up. I was told by that very good player who finally made me see the light, that I have become tougher to defend. I don't have the STICK SKILLS that you guys have, but I do know how to manipulate my opponent with a nice mixture of shotgun and undercenter. Last weekend, I played 3 games, every game I stayed undercenter about 60% of the time. Thats about 6 plays under every ten. Won 2 lost 1. averaged 28 points a game. SACKED 1 TIME FROM A NANO UNDER, Sacked 3 times from the GUN. All 4 sacks were my fault.

Guys, quit making the rediculus statements about not getting under because you are scared of nanos! It is becoming hilarious, and some of the best players are loving this which makes me even more mad. QUIT PLAYING IN THEIR HANDS, QUIT LETTING THEM DICTATE WHAT YOU RUN! QUIT LETTING THEM PUMP THEIR CHEST WITH ALL THERI LITTLE SISSY NANOS.

Get your a s s e s undercenter, be MEN, drive the ball down their throat, mix some PA PASSES, get back in the GUN and do your thing! Im not getting on the dis believers, I am trying to help you, like when someone helped me see the light. Believe me, nobody loves the GUN especially SNUGS more than me, nobody. But, I have alsol learned to take a more realistic approach to the game. I am having so much more fun now offensively! I am not scared of anything I run, and definately not scared of some NANO KING pumping his chest when I get undercenter. I have something waiting for him, awesome when you get the concept going, absolutely AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
mlb6434
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
mlb6434

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 18:36

Irish I have always liked ALL your posts.......You always make a good point.
Back to top Go down
BlackMassRevrend
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
BlackMassRevrend

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 19:05

I agree with Irish..The game is absolutely no fun when you just sit in the Shotgun.I used to use it all the time but could never beat anyone worth a s***..I love nothing more than chewing clock.You know frustrated dude on the other end of the sticks is when you put together a 15 play drive that eats up 8 minutes.It is also much more fun..I am having problems with PA,I believe it is more of a lack using more than anything..In the end..under center rocs when mixed in with a little bit of gun...
Back to top Go down
http://will_dimonde@yahoo.com
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 19:27

BlackMassRevrend wrote:
I agree with Irish..The game is absolutely no fun when you just sit in the Shotgun.I used to use it all the time but could never beat anyone worth a s***..I love nothing more than chewing clock.You know frustrated dude on the other end of the sticks is when you put together a 15 play drive that eats up 8 minutes.It is also much more fun..I am having problems with PA,I believe it is more of a lack using more than anything..In the end..under center rocs when mixed in with a little bit of gun...
\\

Blackmass,

good post my friend. I really don't hink a lot of people have really actually sat down and tried to create a scheme from under. Somebody will run one play from under, it gets blown up with a nano, he now says he will never run from under again. This guy tells someone else, before you know it we have this rediculous idea that you cannot be in an undercenter offense! UNBELIEVABLE. It really has become kind of funny now to listen to guys tell other people that they can't do this, or they can't do that. I know a guy, this is no lie, an many of you know him because he posts on here, who actuallt tells people this crazy statement. You know why he does it?
He told me, and you know who you are but I am not going to give his name out because of friendship lol, he does it so that you will STAY in the GUN lol! He does not want to get pounded with the run and playaction, he ADMITS IT!
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 21:29

irish fan that is one of the most true things i have ever read. i run the west coast PB right now, and believe me i have my fair share of shotgun pass plays that i love. but almost my whole system of plays is under center. out of the 40 or so plays i have that i am 100% comfortable running i would say about 30 of them are under center. mostly singleback. you will never find a more active supporter of the Spread O being used in the NFL but even i will tell anybody you HAVE to be able to run plays under center to have a truely scary O

By the way. . if your on the 360 would you lab the pass ballanced PB with me? i would like to add another sick PB to the ones im already good with
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 21:35

crazyblack001 wrote:
irish fan that is one of the most true things i have ever read. i run the west coast PB right now, and believe me i have my fair share of shotgun pass plays that i love. but almost my whole system of plays is under center. out of the 40 or so plays i have that i am 100% comfortable running i would say about 30 of them are under center. mostly singleback. you will never find a more active supporter of the Spread O being used in the NFL but even i will tell anybody you HAVE to be able to run plays under center to have a truely scary O\

I would love to crazyblack

gt irishfbfan1

By the way. . if your on the 360 would you lab the pass ballanced PB with me? i would like to add another sick PB to the ones im already good with
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 21:46

Good running comes out of undercenter.
I have DeAngelo Williams and Stewart.
Therefore, I use undercenter a lot.

Passing is good too, if you can have 4-5 quick hitting plays to counter heavy blitz, you'll keep the defense honest and open the game for the awesome passing concepts you have in singleback.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 21:50

my gt is crazyblack001

add me
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-04, 22:45

You have to be able to play under center. Most playbooks are 80% under witch gives you more choices and staying with Gun is very predictable. I run with The Boys and very hard to stop under center.... run, play action and pass
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-05, 10:33

good one irish....under center..is where it's at....i can read the d..much better..or you can see the nano's coming.. Undercenter vs Shotgun 649595
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-29, 04:16

Shotgun, all day, everyday.
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-29, 14:07

i stay in gun most of the time.. but i stay in 2 back wit a TE in the slot.. i use west coast o.. so when it shows up 2RB, 2WR, 2TE it might give the illusion im guna b undercenter.. i like to switch formations from far twins and shotty 2 back.. good way to make ppl change their d at the line cuz they have the same personnel..

but if u wana stay in shotty all game, u WILL need sum good power running plays or u WILL b hit wit FAG d all game.. i have built a scheme around shotty 2 back power o.. i can use the scheme all game cuz the run is adjustable to how the d is lined up.. ive found a way to do that..
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-29, 18:11

undercenter is were it's at! from SWAG.
Back to top Go down
seiz13
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-29, 19:24

Undercenter vs Shotgun 258281 DAMN peopLE in HERE b WRItiNG lEtterS..
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-11-29, 23:29

seiz13 wrote:
Undercenter vs Shotgun 258281 DAMN peopLE in HERE b WRItiNG lEtterS..

Afraid you might learn something? You don'tlike the letters don't read them,

nuff said!
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-12-01, 03:59

IRISHFBFAN1 wrote:
Big advice, and remember this, if you want to play against the best, if you want to be the best, if you want to go to tourneys and advance, you had better be able to do both, UNDERCENTER AND SHOTGUN. Believe me when I say this, the ballers love playing guys who stay in the shotgun, they have in a sense backed you in a corner. You cannot beat the downhill run approach that you get from running undercenter. If you are playing with AP you are going to tell me you are not going to get undercenter because you are scared of NANOS? ARE U KIDDING ME! LOL
I have always operated from both. NANOS have nothing to do with running undercenter. You can get sacked from the gun too you know. Quick tosses, quick throws, chnging snap counts, utilizing h back schemes. Let me give you a hint, THERE IS A PLAYBOOK BEING USED BY ALL THE TOP BALLERS, IT is called PASS BALANCED. It has in its contents 3 of the most deadly running plays in the game. UNDERCENTER! It has 2 of the most deadly formations in the game, from UNDERCENTER, It is an attack that utilizes not only the shotgun, but undercenter as well. If you are operating only from the gun, you are missing out on some of the best concepts both passing and running. If you want to see it in action, go to one of the big time tourneys where the ballers are going at it. There you will have your answer, and it will be running both the gun and undercenter, I PROMISE YOU,THIS IS FACT!

2 WORDS "STRONG CLOSE" UNDERCENTER
3 MORE WORDS SINGLEBACK ACE TWINS---NANO KILLER UNDERCENTER

I agree with you on all accounts. I favor being under center, but can do both. If I'm having dominating success under center, I actually won't even go into the shotgun. The gun just tells your opponent that there's a 95 percent chance that you're going to throw the football.

I love defending a primarily shotgun based offense. It's very easy to stop.

And the two formations you mentioned are also in the Houston playbook. Strong Close, and Singleback Ace Twins are two of my 3 favorite under center formations in the game.

I've never used Pass Balanced, but in looking at the playbook, it has a lot of stuff I like just like the Houston book does.

I might give Pass Balanced a look, and see if it fits with me as good or better than the Houston playbook.

The Houston playbook so far seems to be most tailor made for what I like to do.

I will say that I don't like the lack of twins formations from the Pass Balanced playbook. Singleback Ace Twins seems to be the only one. But the Gun Split Cowboy, and Split Slot could make up for it. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty2009-12-01, 09:02

irishfan ,,blackmass...good post i agree with the both of you .that shot gun sh!t all day is cheese. but guy's like that dude ASH! think's it' sweet cause he's a bum. he's need to read ya'll sh!t.

thank you guy's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Undercenter vs Shotgun   Undercenter vs Shotgun Empty

Back to top Go down

Undercenter vs Shotgun
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next