Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

undercenter

Go down 
+12
Brian Fantana
rokket
IRISHFBFAN1
cmccray2639
XtremeWTRocker
c4jun
CookieMonsta
PeytonMvPManning
Madden's Finest 200
layinWOOD
pezak20
Ant1010 I Play Wii
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 20:01

Ok I'm going to try and move from gun heavy to to being up to centers rear end and I wanted some thoughts on undercenter offenses. I think passing is easier because the drop back allows you to make reads more smoothly I guess and I also has the defense guessing because a run is more likely. So what teams and playbooks and formations would you think utilizes undercenter the most?

So far I'm thinking iform twins might be my main formation
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
pezak20
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-04

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 20:26

U CRAZZZY GUY undercenter Affraid
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 21:01

thanks 4 ur help
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 21:11

Check out Bmore for good I-form and Strong packages.....Pittburgh has a nice Singleback setup. Check out Cincy as well
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 22:04

thanks man, appreciate it
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 22:13

nano..............
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 22:15

whenever i go undercenter most ppl just double a gap me and i get sacked
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
CookieMonsta

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-02-08

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 22:16

STL and Philly have good I-Form, I think. Pitt Doubles is nice. New Orleans has a Singleback Snugs Flip that I like. Try out Full-House as well, good quick passing as well as multiple running threats.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 22:16

can't i just block my FB?
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 22:30

PeytonMvPManning wrote:
whenever i go undercenter most ppl just double a gap me and i get sacked

Thats what losers do that can't play D. I mean its ok to do it every once in a while but every down. That is why I have shotgun plays in my audibles then I can audible to that play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 22:37

I recommend Philly. They have some great single back and I-form formations.
Also, I-Form Twins is a very versatile formation. You can always keep a defense guessing with that.

As for being double A-gapped. You can always pinch down and keep your FB in. If all else fails audible up to Shotgun and run a play you are familiar with.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-01-27

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 23:26

kc pb has some nice undercenter sets.. got tosses out of almost every set to so if someone is nano blitzin a lot u can always throw one of these in. and worse comes to worse its still got 6-7 gun formations
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 23:29

Yea im looking at KC, and i just liked focused on the gun formations when i used them, i never really noticed the undercenter game you can generate from it. And my dumb ass actually made a ebook of it and never knew, lol.
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 23:34

yeah the singleback twins is a nice set and the strong twins.. i just recently started using it so im still tryin stuff out but its been pretty good to me so far.. and thats with garrard sorry tail as my qb
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 23:37

lol,. I'm thinking of using Arizona
Back to top Go down
cmccray2639
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-06, 23:41

thats the pb i switched from and i dont like there undercenter much.. only a couple run plays i really like but that flip trips and gun tight is great for passing.. but i like running the ball and i got to pass happy with the arz pb.. but give it a shot its a good pb maybe u will see more runs/undercenter plays than i did with it
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-07, 04:31

Ant1010 I Play Wii wrote:
Ok I'm going to try and move from gun heavy to to being up to centers rear end and I wanted some thoughts on undercenter offenses. I think passing is easier because the drop back allows you to make reads more smoothly I guess and I also has the defense guessing because a run is more likely. So what teams and playbooks and formations would you think utilizes undercenter the most?

So far I'm thinking iform twins might be my main formation

NO YOU are not crazy, actually this is a smart move! Been playing these games a long time now. I used to be one of those always in the shotgun pass every down guys, could never beat the better players. I learned from a very close friend who is a top tourney player. You got to get undercenter and quit being so damn predictable!

Nothing beats the downhill approach from running the rock from undercenter. And, if you understand how the NEW POWER BLOCKING PRINICIPALS workin this game for undercenter users, you wont go back, I promise! I was a huge shotgun guy, pumping my chest beating nobody's, couldn't beat the real players because I was so one dem, could not control the clock, could not move the ball on a consistant basis.

2 weeks ago I checked the top 20 players, 14 of them spent over half their time operating from undercenter. This is where the game is played! balance of run and pass.
I throw a hell of a lot from under, and dont even say anything about nanos, everybody who knows me on here and other forums knows that I WILL if in the shotgun and you start to nano, I will check to undercenter sets!

It took me a while to believe in this but I will never go back to the way I used to be with all that shotgun crap. Dont get me wrong, I like the shotgun but undercenter concepts are so much better. I use the saints book and PRO TWINS which features STRETCH, IZ, HB TOSS, POWER O, and all the PA passes is my bread and butter.

No, don't listen to the guy who says you are crazy, if anything you are making a very wise decision, I PROMISE YOU THAT, I PROMISE YOU!

IRISH
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-07, 09:48

I read on a lot forums . I was hopin to get a post from you. I know your one of ur favorite faormation is y trips. Thanks for the post. That really optimised my decision.
Back to top Go down
rokket
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-12-21

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-08, 08:15

ant, i just did the opposite....i switched from UC to play SG - the weird thing is I switched to Zona too...lol

if u want to play UC i would suggest west coast...the tosses out of SB will keep the D honest and or u can motion a wr for blocking if they are brining the heat...zona is missing tosses in sb (besides y trips sb power, which can be stuffed easily) and it is hard to play out of these formations or at least establish ur O out of SB...

zona does have tosses in uc 2 back sets, while wc not so much....

pitt is supposed to have the best uc forms in the game but im not feeling that book
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-08, 15:22

Wheb I said use arizona I meant the team. Not the playbooks. Lol
Back to top Go down
Brian Fantana
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-11-12

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-16, 15:16

I used to be in gun throwing all the time using the NE playbook. My game has gotten so much better since I am under center 75% of the time. Like others have said, you can keep the D guessing more by playing under center. I personally like all the I forms, singleback sets, and far tight twins for both run and pass. Like Irish said, the PA is the bread and butter. I like getting into singleback sets with 3+WRs and running and getting into i form 2 TE and throwing PA at them.
Back to top Go down
skinsnation007
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-04-02

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-16, 17:24

west coast...near formation has a good under center
Back to top Go down
instantclassic91
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-01-10

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-16, 17:27

i am undercenter 85 % of the time...i seem to get sacked more when i am in SG..i run the west coast book there undercenter game is one of the best i feel
Back to top Go down
Oldstalecheetos
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Oldstalecheetos

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2009-12-05

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-17, 13:09

try the houston book bro, good iform and strong, as well as great single back stuff too
Back to top Go down
jayfury
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jayfury

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-03-23

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty2010-04-17, 20:52

i rock the titans offensive pb and i use singleback ace twins a lot. i can do this with the titans because they have 2 good TE's. i literally use 3 plays sometimes and control the clock very well. PA BOOT, HB TOSS, SMASH. since the twins set exposes the D in terms of knowing if they're in zone or man, you really have an up on your opponent.

lil scheme i do:

come out in PA boot.

1.) if they're in man, run play as is. both TE's are normally open, the crossing and the delayed route. and sometimes the deep post if they try to user the FS and biteon the play.

2.) if in zone, audible to the toss. you can audible before your line sets because you can see the defensive read immediately. this is key because they won't see you change the play.

3.) if their in zone but cheats over for the toss, audible right for the Smash play. make the outside WR slant in, and slot WR slant out to expose the cover 3. and look for the inside TE doing a slanted vertical inside. the outside TE does a beastly route that normally gets inside for a nice 8 yard gain.

4.) if they're in some type of 3 down lineman. then audible down for the dive play. remember not to push speed burst right away or they'll break off the line.

just like anything else, things can be shut down. but this scheme has proven successful for me thus far. and i'm currently a lvl 27 that don't bum hunt. when i mix this in from time to time. it keeps my opponent guessing.

people don't talk about it much (which i like), but tenn's pb is very balanced. 7 GUN's, 5 I-Form's, 8 singleback's, 2 weak I-Form's, and 1 Strong I-Form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

undercenter Empty
PostSubject: Re: undercenter   undercenter Empty

Back to top Go down

undercenter
Page 1 of 1