Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....

Go down 
+5
LaserSkyAdams
Ellard
Masta23
MiamiXCanes
sloppyjoe1762
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sloppyjoe1762
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty
PostSubject: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty2009-11-02, 12:45

Up until tonight I have been able to shut the running plays of the wildcat down. Until I played this fool with the steelers tonight. He used Dallas's playbook and for the 1st half didnt even break it out but one time. I was down by one score and he brings out the wildcat, I usually go nickel cb zone blitz and then audible the nickel back and lbs on the blitz, show blitz and hit the hole with the safety right as he snaps it. Not only did every one get blocked but when I had him stopped in the back field he just broke tackle after tackle. He just kept going to it until he broke it off, which happened one to many times. Anyone got any opinions? Final score was like 58-48 him, only went up at the end with a pass I tried to pick off and missed on. I dont like having to avoid players with records like 115-58. My record is 83-32 and I play straight up, no gimics. PLEASE HELP!!!
sloppyjoe1762
winnin $$$ @ gamerasloon.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamersaloon.com
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty2009-11-02, 14:33

46 bear-outside blitz. just run the outside blitz to whatever side you think its going and user the saftey. works EVERY time
Back to top Go down
Masta23
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty2009-11-03, 00:46

FG Block
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty2009-11-03, 01:52

hey theres not a 100% effective D for anything...

unless you know what gap he will hit 100% of the time, and what bubbles to fill, no run will ever be 100% stoppable because of the difference in ratings and blocking abilities... what defense may shut down a specific team might not stop a team with high run block ratings in key positions...

how to fix that and be more consistent, would be to spend a extra 5-10 mins and lab against hardcore run blocking o lines, and see how your defenses match up, and dont forget to test fast, med, and slow backs
Back to top Go down
LaserSkyAdams
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty2009-11-05, 22:06

You can run just about any blitz. You just have to learn how to user your players. Most Wildcat formations only have 1-2 plays. You know hes not gonna pass with Dallas so it's either a power play, or sweep, rarely a counter. Just pull ur weak side DE over and slant your line. That or drop your FS down and Don't hit stick.
Back to top Go down
TheCatJones28
New MS Member
New MS Member
TheCatJones28

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty2009-11-06, 00:19

I am the king of the wildcat. What stops me is punt block, but I know ways of beating it now.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty2009-11-11, 12:36

46 inside blitz

1. Reblitz both DT's and place them directly over the C and RG
2. Bump and run
3. Pinch LB's
4. Take the LOLB, reblitz him, back him up about 5 yards behind the line and sprint right between the C and RG after the ball is snapped.
Back to top Go down
Football500
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty2009-11-27, 19:55

Masta23 wrote:
FG Block

until he passes on u oops
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty2009-11-30, 19:12

I COME OUT IN GOALINE.PLAY CALLED GAPS FIRE.CONATAIN DE'S.MAN TE WITH SS/LB AND WATCH THE PLAY GO FOR A NEGATIVE OR NO LITTLE GAIN.OR SLIDE DA LINE TO THE MOTION SIDE.JUS N CASE HE COUNTERS YUR DE IS RITE THERE.USER ANY1 AND SHOOT DA MIDDLE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....   Thought I had the wildcat shutdown.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought I had the wildcat shutdown....
Page 1 of 1