Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Running Plays in Arizona playbook?

Go down 
+5
CapnCrunch
Mckkz044
nathanas85
huh1231
mw344
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty
PostSubject: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-19, 10:11

I just switched to this playbook. Great for passing......but I can't find any runs plays that a consistent? Anyone got any?
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-19, 13:13

strong y-flex off tackle. top 5 run play in the game. your welcome.
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-19, 14:05

huh1231 wrote:
strong y-flex off tackle. top 5 run play in the game. your welcome.

haha. Thanks I will give it a go. Is it that legit?
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-19, 15:27

it's that legit. worst case scenario loss of 1 or 2, best case scenario TD. has great big play potential and consistent in getting 4 everytime.
Back to top Go down
nathanas85
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-19, 18:58

Weak Twins - Toss Weak, Singleback Y Trips - toss and blunt dive, Stong - Counter , Strong Y Flex - Off Tacke, Weak Tight - HB Zone.
Back to top Go down
Mckkz044
New MS Member
New MS Member
Mckkz044

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-19, 20:43

I just started running this playbook its tha s***
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-19, 20:50

nathanas85 wrote:
Weak Twins - Toss Weak, Singleback Y Trips - toss and blunt dive, Stong - Counter , Strong Y Flex - Off Tacke, Weak Tight - HB Zone.

What formation is the strong y in?
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-19, 22:47

Mini run scheme AZ PB. Goalline formation.

Everyone knows one of the best runs in the game this year is the power O, it and the Iso with motion from the TE or OT sub, and the FB dive are all used a lot in short yardage situations. As well they are used to keep the D honest and loosen up the passing game. The great thing about the AZ PB is the HB Toss from the goalline formation. Run the above plays a few times then run the HB Toss, Guaranteed money play.

Also remember the Play Action out of goalline form. The PA Waggle to the TE is good as well as the PA Power O and PA Boot Left. Keep em guessing.

Then flip em all. BLUE - 42 - Mirror, Mirror - HUT - hut

The good thing about this little mini scheme is it takes hardly any practice. Just throw it in with your other AZ PB schemes.

CapnCrunch
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-20, 09:35

CapnCrunch wrote:
Mini run scheme AZ PB. Goalline formation.

Everyone knows one of the best runs in the game this year is the power O, it and the Iso with motion from the TE or OT sub, and the FB dive are all used a lot in short yardage situations. As well they are used to keep the D honest and loosen up the passing game. The great thing about the AZ PB is the HB Toss from the goalline formation. Run the above plays a few times then run the HB Toss, Guaranteed money play.

Also remember the Play Action out of goalline form. The PA Waggle to the TE is good as well as the PA Power O and PA Boot Left. Keep em guessing.

Then flip em all. BLUE - 42 - Mirror, Mirror - HUT - hut

The good thing about this little mini scheme is it takes hardly any practice. Just throw it in with your other AZ PB schemes.

CapnCrunch

Much Appreciate. I used to dominate the run with the West Coast but Arizona doesn't have many power formations. I think this will help.
Back to top Go down
dmtnt
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 01:09

strong y flex offtackle, cant find in arizona pb...
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 11:20

I can't find it either.......help us out.
Back to top Go down
theskimaskway
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 11:30

it's in there but it's not the best run. maybe if your playin an idiot because the play cannot be flipped run to whatever side u start it on. the real best run possibly in the game is HB Power (not power O) HB power. I forgot which set name but it's singleback with 2 wr on same side as TE. u get the same blocking as offtackle the play is sick that's the only run u need if u motion correctly and flip appropriatly.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 11:46

I'm gonna try that power O in online play too. Is that the one in Singleback Y-Trips?
Back to top Go down
theskimaskway
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 13:07

neng1982 wrote:
I'm gonna try that power O in online play too. Is that the one in Singleback Y-Trips?
yeah there u go I think it's y trips... and it's not power O it's HB power it's like a flat toss play the blockers attract defenders like magnites just like offtackle play. lemme know how u like it
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 13:39

My mistake..HB power I meant. It does work real well though if u follow blockers.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 13:42

How do u adjust your blocking scheme theskimaskway? Do u have block towards where you're running or pinch or aggressive?
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 14:38

Neng,

I always block away from where I am running outside unless its a counter then I block the same way. Use aggressive for running up the gut.
Back to top Go down
theskimaskway
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 15:22

neng1982 wrote:
How do u adjust your blocking scheme theskimaskway? Do u have block towards where you're running or pinch or aggressive?

I really don't adjust to much honestly there is no need. if I need 1 yard and I'm goin right I will slide line left it creates nice cut back lanes to get up field and get that short yardage. they key in this toss is the slot or outside Wr if it's man motion outside guy to other side to get him outta there if it's like a 3-4 zone. motion slot guys about a yard or 2 to crack that OLB. if it's zone and they shift every say to the right. motion slot to other side playmaker to other side snap it just off tackles butt big yards just switch it up a lot but the wr are the key not the slide protect. oh and if the starry qb containing the right stick audible to a run up the guy motion the wr as u would a toss and snap it when wr is in the a gap. ez big gain
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-21, 17:07

The hb power is a sweet play especially since its in the y-trips form which is also a good formation to pass out of. But if you ran it as your only run there is a problem. The two O linemen on the run side let there blocks through, this is designed in the NFL to let the play pass the LE and LOLB and leave them in no mans land with the play already upfield. And the blocking upfield for the HBPower is good.

But this is not the NFL and if you ran it against me every time as your only run play as stated earlier. I would let the design weakness of the play be my strength. If the tackle is not gonna throw that block, then blitz your fastest OLB in there on the 2 WR side, then user the SS right next to him and stop the play in the backfield. That way I've only committed one guy to stop your run and I can still pass protect.

I am just confused about the statement "the only run you need". Corect me if I'm wrong but that run always goes to the WR side, so even if you flip it you know which way the run is going. If I defensive assignment my SS to your HB and move him up, call CB Dogs and your tackle doesn't make that block. I would say your done for. There are other ways to get men to that spot as well.

I have verified this in practice, but I do not have a high speed connection so I cannot verify it online yet.
Back to top Go down
theskimaskway
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-22, 13:28

ok crunch I think u took that a little to literal ofcourse it's not the only run u need I hardley ever run somthing like 15% and if I do this is the play I choose and have never had a problem being successful.

I am correcting you cause u are wrong u can flip the play as in playmaker flip it to the other side so u load 1 side ok I'll flip it to the other and if u stack the outside and qb contain ok well then I'll right stick down audible to a dive and get u up the gut. there is 1 way to stop it in 1-5-5 nano sacks the qb a good amount. other then that your little "scheme" has no shot.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-22, 18:46

I don't care if you correct me, we're just talking right. Of course its not the only run you need.

I merely noticed that the OLB doesn't get blocked, so if I blitz or reblitz him straight down then he should be in your grill. And then assign or user the safety. In the real game if you tried to take advantage of that block not being thrown and came straight down the tackle would recognize and throw the block. But there has to be a good way to take advantage of the weakness of the blocking on that particular play.
Back to top Go down
CapnCrunch
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-22, 20:38

Alright you got me, I just can't seem to playmaker the run. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by CapnCrunch:
OK I figured it out
Hold down LT
Clear or call block then
Call playmaker

Last edited by CapnCrunch on 2009-10-23, 20:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-22, 20:54

strong pro off tackle. motion the FB to that side and hike as he's in motion. too sick. slide protect however you want.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-23, 08:24

theskimaskway wrote:
ok crunch I think u took that a little to literal ofcourse it's not the only run u need I hardley ever run somthing like 15% and if I do this is the play I choose and have never had a problem being successful.

I am correcting you cause u are wrong u can flip the play as in playmaker flip it to the other side so u load 1 side ok I'll flip it to the other and if u stack the outside and qb contain ok well then I'll right stick down audible to a dive and get u up the gut. there is 1 way to stop it in 1-5-5 nano sacks the qb a good amount. other then that your little "scheme" has no shot.

Which nano in the 1-5-5? is it a natural nano? I have a friend who only comes out in this
formation and its unstoppable. I have never been able to identify it. I
want to and lab against it so I can be ready the next time we play.
Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty2009-10-23, 13:31

lol u guys can't find strong y-flex off tackle? lol idk wat to say? it's in the strong formation which is the one where the FB is offset to the side of the TE/slot WR. it not strong pro it's the other one with a receiver in the slot not a TE near the line. it's in that formation i'm sure of it i used to run this book.

theskimaskway wrote:
it's in there but it's not the best run. maybe if your playin an idiot because the play cannot be flipped run to whatever side u start it on. the real best run possibly in the game is HB Power (not power O) HB power. I forgot which set name but it's singleback with 2 wr on same side as TE. u get the same blocking as offtackle the play is sick that's the only run u need if u motion correctly and flip appropriatly.

HB power is a nice pitch play. it's in singleback y flex i think? not sure exactly but it's singleback.

power O is nice but not nearly nice as off tackle.

yea off tackle can't be flipped but idk wat ur trying to do here? you don't have to be an idiot to get killed by this play. ur saying that if i come out in this formation ur going to slide ur line and linebackers that way and blitz that side everytime? i dont' expect him to run it 20 times a game. even if u do you'll probably still get positive yardage... he's asking for good run plays and this is a great one. throw in a little quick passing and screens to keep the defense honest and it'll work for u. just like ever other play in madden. so by ur standards any play that can't be flipped can only defeat idiots? so all passing plays are strictly to be ran against idiots? lol it's an effective play but yea if they catch on to it cuz ur running it 5 times in a row then it might get shut down. wat play do you run that can beat someone that isn't an idiot since apparently my plays are only geared towards beating the mentally challenged...

you sir are an idiot...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running Plays in Arizona playbook?   Running Plays in Arizona playbook? Empty

Back to top Go down

Running Plays in Arizona playbook?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next